Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Randomly got a call few minutes ago, ID said Mt Kisco, got excited and curious at the same time cause my EDD is still May-June. Apparently it was just someone at Tesla over there calling to verify my order, verify everything on my account is correct and answer any additional questions I may have had. Anybody else ever get a call like this like a month and a half after they initially placed their order? I’d expect a call like this shortly after placing an order but not when it’s been a while.

Does anyone know if Shanghai Tesla’s are being shipped to fill orders in the US? Reports are Shanghai is going to be shutdown for an indefinite amount of time so if Shanghai Teslas are going to US, that could explain the shortage of cars. Is that the reason for the dearth of VIN’s?

Does anyone know if Shanghai Tesla’s are being shipped to fill orders in the US? Reports are Shanghai is going to be shutdown for an indefinite amount of time so if Shanghai Teslas are going to US, that could explain the shortage of cars. Is that the reason for the dearth of VIN’s?
No, all cars sold in the US are made in Fremont or now, also Giga Texas. Tesla hasn’t imported any cars to sell in the US.

Reactions: E90alex
So - I have only driven an entry level honda till now. Basically purchased it got it home and been driving since. Thought I would do the same with tesla - make the payment drive it home and live happily ever after. But now seeing mentions of ceramic coating - tints - vinyl coating etc Im getting stressed. What all y'all planning to get done on yours cars? I will also probably get some of that done.

So - I have only driven an entry level honda till now. Basically purchased it got it home and been driving since. Thought I would do the same with tesla - make the payment drive it home and live happily ever after. But now seeing mentions of ceramic coating - tints - vinyl coating etc Im getting stressed. What all y'all planning to get done on yours cars? I will also probably get some of that done.
Zero. I just enjoy driving my cars, keep my distance to cars in front and I don’t hold on to them long enough to make any of that worth. Chances for a fender bender are so high around here that I’ll more likely get a new bumper than get it destroyed by rocks hitting into it.
But I understand lots of folks think differently and to each their own.
(I do get mad about door dings, but there’s no protection against people not caring about others property)

Zero. I just enjoy driving my cars, keep my distance to cars in front and I don’t hold on to them long enough to make any of that worth. Chances for a fender bender are so high around here that I’ll more likely get a new bumper than get it destroyed by rocks hitting into it.
But I understand lots of folks think differently and to each their own.
(I do get mad about door dings, but there’s no protection against people not caring about others property)
What are your order details? You’re the first person from Utah I’ve seen post in these threads.

I’m doing the ceramic coating/paint correction and window tinting. That’s it.

• Informative
Reactions: rickvancouver
What are your order details? You’re the first person from Utah I’ve seen post in these threads.
OD 1/12, EDD went down to a two week window: April 22 - May 6.
LR/Blue/Black/Aeros/No FSD

I went to a two week window sometime in March but we ended up changing colors so it went back to four weeks.
Hoping that won’t happen again this time (and we’ll definitely stick with that color choice now)

Just making sure this is what I need for my 2022 model 3 LR. I bought the earlier version that didn’t look like this for my 2019 3 years ago, and this pic says it fits my 2019 but makes no mention of my upcoming 2022. Since it’s the only one on the website I assume it fits for both cars?

Attachments

• 3DD88512-64D6-48A6-A07B-73A2266A6B47.png
    3DD88512-64D6-48A6-A07B-73A2266A6B47.png
    773.7 KB · Views: 82
OD 1/12, EDD went down to a two week window: April 22 - May 6.
LR/Blue/Black/Aeros/No FSD

I went to a two week window sometime in March but we ended up changing colors so it went back to four weeks.
Hoping that won’t happen again this time (and we’ll definitely stick with that color choice now)
Thanks! Man it would be nice if mine some how miraculously ended up on your delivery truck.

Reactions: palt
I understand this below video is M3 Performance, but still I heard its going to be similar (if not same) for LR as well....anyway this video is full of such AWESOMEEEE reactions... got even more excited now....(I started to think if this is a car or some amusement park ride :) )

<< M3LR RED/black, Aero, No FSD || OD: 2/10, EDD: 5/4 - 6/1 || Pick up: Mt. Kisco, NY >>

I understand this below video is M3 Performance, but still I heard its going to be similar (if not same) for LR as well....anyway this video is full of such AWESOMEEEE reactions... got even more excited now....(I started to think if this is a car or some amusement park ride :) )

<< M3LR RED/black, Aero, No FSD || OD: 2/10, EDD: 5/4 - 6/1 || Pick up: Mt. Kisco, NY >>

Very cool, thanks for posting. I’d been going back and forth between the P and LR but have decided to stick with the LR and just pay for the acceleration boost.

Just tint and DIY ceramic coating for me. Others may disagree, but I don’t think PPF is worth the cost. Rock chips?! Oh well. It’s just a car. By the time it looks really horrible, I’ll probably be looking to trade in anyway. My $0.02.