Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won’t assume anything at this point. I hope my car has a mobile charger since I have set up my charging based on it. I will say that after inquiring about installing a wall unit versus my 14-50 NEMA it was double the cost. I’ll just wait and hope for the best.
I'm sure most of you have but as a friendly reminder but sure to check on rebates and incentives in your local area and with your electric company. My electric company has a $500 rebate so it will cover the cost of the wall charger.

$50 for the 14-50 Tesla adapter, $20 for the outlet, $25 for 4ft of 6/3 wire, $20 for a 50amp breaker. For me, I have to buy 2 piggyback breakers so I could combine other outlets in the house to make room for the double 50amp breaker so that was an extra $60. So $175ish and my friend and I did the install so that saved a bunch of money.
14-50 has been sold out for a while now in the Tesla store smh

Reactions: Ajlepore
Well I guess I would fall into the “believers” category. But I gotta say the lack of clear communication sucks rocks. All they had to do was release the information(i don’t care how. Twitter if they want) on what would happen.
Just :
Starting today the Mobile Connector is no longer included
You can pre-order it with you order by simply checking the option on checkout
All existing orders will be honored by including the charger.

Done. Instead I have to ”believe” they will do the right thing, and quite frankly, I‘m not 100% sure that is a great way to do business. I have prewired an outlet and purchased the 240v adapter for the mobile connector already. I just want to know what do I do on delivery day. My plan was to just come home, grab the connector, and plug in. Is that still the plan or what. Just tell me!
So that means mine comes with it? OD was 3/12
also this mobile connector is the gen 2 110v?

Reactions: Spivas
EDD update:
Went from: April 16th - May 14th
To: May 7th - June 4th.

I expected a push back today, was hoping for a 2-week window.

Advisor claimed it is “forecasted to be built on May 6th”. So this falls in line with that.

OD: 2/12/White ext/Black int/Aero/Portland OR
When was that update??

Mine is getting near delivery date, basically a 2 week window from today, May 2 to June 6

Yall think I get my VIN soon?

OD was 3/12 white ext/ white int/ Aero/ Ca

EDD update:
Went from: April 16th - May 14th
To: May 7th - June 4th.

I expected a push back today, was hoping for a 2-week window.

Advisor claimed it is “forecasted to be built on May 6th”. So this falls in line with that.

OD: 2/12/White ext/Black int/Aero/Portland OR
How do people get the advisors to tell things like 'forecasted' date. Mine doesnt tell anything other than what I already know.

$500 huh? That would be a fun poll, what would you pay to have your M3 delivered today? I'll admit I would go higher, not much but maybe in the $1k range. But I've already sold my car so I need one a little more than most.
I also sold my vehicle already and wish I had held onto it a little longer. I didn’t expect the vehicle for a couple of months, but it seems a good many have been waiting longer and that makes me nervous.

When was that update??

Mine is getting near delivery date, basically a 2 week window from today, May 2 to June 6

Yall think I get my VIN soon?

OD was 3/12 white ext/ white int/ Aero/ Ca
2 weeks from today? 2 week window is a different thing.
Given especially that orders from a month before your order date still dont have a VIN, I would assume that you are looking for delivery the earliest in early June (unless someone cancels their order).

Reactions: bubber14 and T-J-
Just saw the announcement about the charger not being included. Like a lot of people, this is a major bummer if my 2/18 order comes without one, and I can't get one from Tesla. I'd previously ordered even the $275 Adaptor set for my wife's travel to see her mother in rural Texas and use the 14/30 plug in the utility room. Also, the nearest superchargers are 25 miles in traffic away!

Was really excited, but now...not so much. No sense purchasing a car if I can't charge it or get an adaptor that can charge it. Rethinking this whole thing now honestly.

Just saw the announcement about the charger not being included. Like a lot of people, this is a major bummer if my 2/18 order comes without one, and I can't get one from Tesla. I'd previously ordered even the $275 Adaptor set for my wife's travel to see her mother in rural Texas and use the 14/30 plug in the utility room. Also, the nearest superchargers are 25 miles in traffic away!

Was really excited, but now...not so much. No sense purchasing a car if I can't charge it or get an adaptor that can charge it. Rethinking this whole thing now honestly.
I just texted my SA regarding the adapters on existing reservations. I got this back from them.

"Thank you for your continued support! At this time, all new Tesla will not come with a mobile connector. Based on statistics most customers have chosen to install a wall connector .... You are still able to purchase a mobile connector on our Tesla shop if you prefer."

I got a call form Tesla and they told me to reach out to them tomorrow for official news on existing reservations.

I just texted my SA regarding the adapters on existing reservations. I got this back from them.

"Thank you for your continued support! At this time, all new Tesla will not come with a mobile connector. Based on statistics most customers have chosen to install a wall connector .... You are still able to purchase a mobile connector on our Tesla shop if you prefer."

I got a call form Tesla and they told me to reach out to them tomorrow for official news on existing reservations.
Thankfully I have 3 supercharger locations in my city that I can use to charge. I know that’s not the case for everyone, and Tesla doesn’t have any mobile chargers in stock. So how are people supposed to charge their new cars who are taking delivery next week that don’t have a wall charger already installed?

Seen these screenshots on Reddit regarding the bundle.

Attachments

• FD2CD639-ED8C-43CA-BD36-0B38726526EA.jpeg
    FD2CD639-ED8C-43CA-BD36-0B38726526EA.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 96
  • CEB3255D-4AA2-4E7A-BC53-6E0015ACB7F7.jpeg
    CEB3255D-4AA2-4E7A-BC53-6E0015ACB7F7.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 76