Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they would probably expire at the end of a year of less?
I would be surprised if they offered
they would probably expire at the end of a year of less?
I would be surprised if they offered supercharger miles, as they stopped doing that several years ago. New owners received a referral bonus of miles that they could give friends or others who purchased a Tesla. Now it seems the only referral bonus goes towards the purchase of Tesla Solar Panels. But who knows? Would be nice.

Day 61 with my window starting Fri and still only my original EDD. TJ is sitting in AZ with 7 changes and yet I just have the initial still. About ready to ask for a wellness check just to make sure my order is still in there. Anyone have longer without an update?
I got my 2nd EDD on day 63 and they shrunk it down to a 2 week window in the middle of my original EDD range. It may be good news that you aren't seeing updates.

Model 3 delivery times, are they in keeping with approximate delivery dates? Ours is scheduled to arrive in August of 22. Does Tesla send info as to production status? We are now a single car family. Biking is not as good a substitute for a second car as I had imagined. Looking forward to this car more than I can express. Thanks
You will learn to hate the changes in updates or lack thereof. Some people get multiple changes in EDD while others only have one or two changes until they get the two-week window update.

Model 3 delivery times, are they in keeping with approximate delivery dates? Ours is scheduled to arrive in August of 22. Does Tesla send info as to production status? We are now a single car family. Biking is not as good a substitute for a second car as I had imagined. Looking forward to this car more than I can express. Thanks
If you need a car quicker, you are better off trying to get a demo car, the wait is long and stressful.

Nope, there’s a clause in the order agreement saying they can change features and options if they want. They have removed things before from in progress orders and you have no choice but to take it or cancel.
I saw this in the agreement but the way I understand this, is if there are things that changed after your order you may not get them, but you should get the things on the original order.

"Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."

I saw this in the agreement but the way I understand this, is if there are things that changed after your order you may not get them, but you should get the things on the original order.

"Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."
The "hardware" has "changed", so it's "not included", apparently.

Reactions: E90alex

Tell that to people in the past that lost features like standard Homelink, auto dimming mirrors, radar sensor, lumbar support etc when Tesla made changes while their order was in process still.

Reactions: elyk864
Is the megalomaniac atleast going to inclue an SAE J1772 to Tesla adapter for use at non-Tesla stops or just in line with Apple - push for only Tesla accessories for purchase?
1067348-00-B_0_2000.jpg
$60 saved if they bless us with it.

You will learn to hate the changes in updates or lack thereof. Some people get multiple changes in EDD while others only have one or two changes until they get the two-week window update.
I see this “2 week window” term a lot on reddit. When someone is given an EDD that is two weeks what exactly does that mean ? I take it as a good thing, but haven't seen an explanation.

My vent. Elon is taking a page from Tim Cook’s, “let them eat cake” philosophy. Apple has the hottest phone on the market and makes changes to save a buck on every turn, no matter the impact on consumers. What are Apple customers going to do? Sit and take it, like they have for years.
Elon is doing the same thing. Don’t like what he’s doing? Tough. Cancelling your order won’t deter him. He knows there are tens of thousands of people ready to step up. He would love for people who ordered before the latest rounds of price increases (including the “buy a charger” so you can use an electric car). Think of the money Tesla would make if thousands of earlier orders (especially those in December of last year) were cancelled and replaced with a flood of new orders at current prices and the knowledge the charger would not be included. Win/Win for Elon since other car manufacturers can’t even supply an electric vehicle in any appreciable quantity.
This is what happens when you don’t have viable competition as Apple has clearly demonstrated. Shame on Elon and Tim.

I see this “2 week window” term a lot on reddit. When someone is given an EDD that is two weeks what exactly does that mean ? I take it as a good thing, but haven't seen an explanation.
Usually (not always) a 2 week window is pretty firm, and you are likely to get a VIN at, or near the start of it, and then you are able to set a delivery date and time. Its not a rock solid 100% chance of delivery, but its much more consistent + a positive sign that Tesla knows when your car is reaching you, rather than the soft guesstimate that longer EDD ranges are.

Elon has announced the charger price will be reduced and be offered at checkout!

View attachment 794516
Sorry if this has been asked but he's saying this new price will be available when the car is "ordered" so what about existing customers waiting on delivery? That item has been out of stock for a while so will there magically be ones made available for us if we're not still guaranteed to get the included one?

I am kind of getting tired of the whole charger rant.

Let me breakdown a few things.
1) It is not confirmed earlier orders will not get charger. It is pure speculations.
2) Chargers are usually out of stock due to material shortage and can potentially delay deliveries.
3) People dont have statistics and cannot assume that 110 out of 100 people use the charger.
4) The charger moving forward will be half the price and will include more connectors.
5) Let us all agree that after spending 60k on a car, and probably 1k on accesories like mats, and cup holders etc, not to mention ceramic and PPF for another 2-3k or so and 600-1k on electrician, people really arent going to cancel order for a 200$ item.

I am kind of getting tired of the whole charger rant.

Let me breakdown a few things.
1) It is not confirmed earlier orders will not get charger. It is pure speculations.
2) Chargers are usually out of stock due to material shortage and can potentially delay deliveries.
3) People dont have statistics and cannot assume that 110 out of 100 people use the charger.
4) The charger moving forward will be half the price and will include more connectors.
5) Let us all agree that after spending 60k on a car, and probably 1k on accesories like mats, and cup holders etc, not to mention ceramic and PPF for another 2-3k or so and 600-1k on electrician, people really arent going to cancel order for a 200$ item.
Shhh on #5. A cancellation is probably how I got my last VIN.:cool: