Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long before getting a VIN in the APP one can find their (hidden) VIN in the source code of the website? If this is still a thing...
That was a thing? Here?
Some people could see their VIN if they were in their destined 2 week window (the one that wasn't a fluke that would turn back into a month long EDD) if they just searched "insurancef" in the source code page.

Ordering a M3 standard range today is showing a delivery of Aug-Oct and M3LR is Sept-Dec.

Weird LR is showing longer wait times than SR. This is all standard selections with aero wheels.
Wonder if a lot of people with early SR orders switched to LR to move up their EDD…and now we are seeing the opposite problem. It could contribute to all our LR orders getting pushed back among many other unknown factors. Any other guesses?

Ordering a M3 standard range today is showing a delivery of Aug-Oct and M3LR is Sept-Dec.

Weird LR is showing longer wait times than SR. This is all standard selections with aero wheels.
I think I have figured out what's going on with the website EDD (gosh I spend way too much time on this -- dont wanna get fired - will have no way to pay for this 90k cad worth of a car then)

So -- when you select the configuration you get one of the following options and what it means:

First off -- it seems they have capacity and a revenue target of xx-yy-zz config for quarter end results. So lets say 2k red m3p 1k blue m3p 10k black m3lr etc. So if your configuration isn't ordered out that much, the system is predicting with a certain level of confidence (not 100 -- but mostly 95%) of which quarter you might get the car in.

Jun - Aug -- Car will likely come in Q3 -- a small percentage may be left out, but configuration is definitely available based on revenue+location target
Jul - Sept -- Moderate case scenario-- car has a high Q3 delivery probability and slots available based on revenue/location targets. High chances of getting the car in quarter end push esp on the west coast.
Jul - Oct -- Will try to get your car in Q3 but hey maybe mid Q4 is when it might land (given supply chains dont break down) (What is basically happening with most of us here within 2 weeks of EDD start window but a Q1-Q2 play)

Wonder if a lot of people with early SR orders switched to LR to move up their EDD…and now we are seeing the opposite problem. It could contribute to all our LR orders getting pushed back among many other unknown factors. Any other guesses?
Unpopular opinion: People switching to LR from SR shouldnt be moved to the front of the line based on their OD. We are paying higher prices (due to the increases in 2022), and yet the orders are getting pushed back due to lower price switches.

Main difference between the LR and SR is obviously that the SR has an LFP battery. It’s possible that Tesla is having issues getting enough LR batteries and are less restricted on supply of SR batteries.

When I ordered 02/17 the LR was only $5k more than SR making the LR arguably the better value. Now the LR is $9k more suggesting Tesla is trying to shift the balance of new orders more to SR.

Main difference between the LR and SR is obviously that the SR has an LFP battery. It’s possible that Tesla is having issues getting enough LR batteries and are less restricted on supply of SR batteries.

When I ordered 02/17 the LR was only $5k more than SR making the LR arguably the better value. Now the LR is $9k more suggesting Tesla is trying to shift the balance of new orders more to SR.
Supply issues seem to be driving the majority of decisions and not just with Tesla. This morning I had to pull down an employment ad for a driver of a new truck that one of my businesses is adding but I got word the truck would be delayed until mid-June.

Horror!
I was 11 days away from my THIRD 2-week EDD window and I have just been pushed back by about a month! Now EDD May 22- June 19. Ahh!

M3LR - MSM/White/Aero/No FSD - Oakville, ON
OD: February 20;
EDD1: March 14-31; EDD2: May 7-June 4; EDD3: April 10-24; EDD3: April 19-May 17; EDD4: April 30 - May 14; EDD5: May 22 - June 19.
Matches almost with my EDD. I am also in Ontario, so could be they are planning to bring a bunch around that timeframe. I haven't had any movement on my EDD.

The first EDD you received was a little too early based on what we are seeing

Reactions: Tony_YYZ