Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I wanted to wait for 6+ months I would have ordered a Model Y. If my EDD gets pushed out again I won't be taking the car and going a different route.
Model Y is at 9-12 months now, and other BEVs are also facing long lead times and/or dealer markups. There really isn't a fast way to get into a new BEV. The only fast route that I can think of is to buy a used one.

Last year people were delaying their orders over and over again, and putting their orders on hold to double dip with lower price and new tax breaks. The tax break thing never happened.
It seems like this year the trend is going in the opposite direction and Tesla is pushing the EDDs out over and over again.

Model Y is at 9-12 months now, and other BEVs are also facing long lead times and/or dealer markups. There really isn't a fast way to get into a new BEV. The only fast route that I can think of is to buy a used one.
The point was that if I were willing to wait 6+ months for a new car I would have went with a Model Y and just waited the 6+ months.

I have black interior and pushed back... also could be aero wheels? who knows at this point. Supply issues just seem to be getting worse
Yeah, could be a mix of factors. I wish there was more transparency from Tesla on supply chain issues their facing. They rather just fabricate things like the mobile connector being under utilized, when the wording in the memo said there is actually a backlog

I guess I shouldn’t have made that bet to not shave until my delivery date!

26F5B9E1-490A-412C-BA28-E2CA04D81552.jpeg

The point was that if I were willing to wait 6+ months for a new car I would have went with a Model Y and just waited the 6+ months.
Understood. My point was that Model Y wait times are categorically longer than Model 3 wait times. The people who signed up for a six month wait on a Model Y are undoubtedly looking at a 12 month wait now. Those who are signing up for a 12 month wait today should probably settle in for an epic delay. The Model 3 is not specially plagued by supply issues. Every make and model of BEV is having problems.

And i wonder how are the EDD for model Y? Maybe they’re getting pushed back as well and you would have the same argument that you should’ve bought a Chevy Suburban instead if you knew you would have to wait 6 months lol

Reactions: E90alex
Understood. My point was that Model Y wait times are categorically longer than Model 3 wait times. The people who signed up for a six month wait on a Model Y are undoubtedly looking at a 12 month wait now. Those who are signing up for a 12 month wait today should probably settle in for an epic delay. The Model 3 is not specially plagued by supply issues. Every make and model of BEV is having problems.
Which brings me to my original point. If I wanted to wait 6+ months I would have ordered a Model Y. Until recently it was not likely to wait 6+ months for a Model 3. Sure there may have been people who have but the majority did not. That is my point. My point is not what the current wait time is for a Model Y. Again, if I was willing to wait 6+ months I would have ordered a car that I was already okay with waiting 6+ months.

Reactions: ChrgeMeUp
And i wonder how are the EDD for model Y? Maybe they’re getting pushed back as well and you would have the same argument that you should’ve bought a Chevy Suburban instead if you knew you would have to wait 6 months lol
I wouldn't care because I would have already wrapped my head around for waiting 6+ months. Although you cannot seem to wrap your head around that.