Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they are just trying to squeeze more $$ out of us. Now we will all run to switch from 18" aero to the 19" wheel!! 😉
Hmm it’s interesting. Playing with the configurator now, changing to 19” does reduce estimated wait time regardless of colour. But changing it to not white or MSM but with 18” also brings down to the same EDD. White or black interior doesn’t make any difference. This is for the LR.

My SLC pickup window got moved to May 16 - June 13 (back to four weeks after the last two week window of April 22 - May 6)
OD 1/12 -LR/Blue/Black/Aeros/No FSD

I mean it's impressive they're cranking out cars the way they are, given the state of the supply chain. I know everyone here is excited, but let's keep things in perspective.
Interesting, I just double check my app and it’s still holding strong at 4/23-5/21 pick up in SLC. Only difference in our orders is I chose MSM instead of Blue

Another day and another delay for me. Mid December order date. Mind boggling that I don't have it yet when it was supposed to be early March. Likely need to get another car at this point as I don't currently have one and need to start driving into the office again. Anyone know if there is some money to be made (after taxes) if I eventually take delivery and try to resell? I don't actually believe I'll ever get a VIN assigned at this point

Reactions: JB47394
Well it happened, I finally got an update to my EDD and it was not a good one.

Order date 3/4
M3LR MSM 18” No FSD
Original EDD May 23 - June 20
New EDD today June 11 - July 16th

Needless to say my inner child is broken making me wait even longer for my Tesla.

Model 3 Long Range/black paint/black interior/aero wheels/no FSD
Order Location: Southeastern United States
VIN Status: not assigned
Order Date: February 26, 2022
EDD 1: May (original EDD on order date)
EDD 2: March 18 - March 31 (updated on February 28)
EDD 3: May 19 - June 16 (updated on March 8)
EDD 4: March 29 - March 31 (updated March 13)
EDD 5: May 11 to June 15 (updated March 18)
EDD 6: April 28 - May 12 (updated April 10)
EDD 7: May 20 - June 17 (updated April 15)
EDD 8: June 1 to July 6 (updated April 20)
I have the same configuration and ordered 3/15. Same EDD as you in Indiana

Another day and another delay for me. Mid December order date. Mind boggling that I don't have it yet when it was supposed to be early March. Likely need to get another car at this point as I don't currently have one and need to start driving into the office again. Anyone know if there is some money to be made (after taxes) if I eventually take delivery and try to resell? I don't actually believe I'll ever get a VIN assigned at this point
This is crazy...makes no sense whatsoever

At this point, I tend to believe my August/Sept EDD. I'm going to assume I won't get a vehicle as part of the Q2 shipments (unless I get very receive a cancelation or something like that). And since very few vehicles seems to ship the 1st month of the new quarter, which would be July for Q3, that means August/Sept is very realistic...assuming there aren't any massive supply disruptions (which shouldn't be assumed). Hoping I'm pleasantly surprised and get it earlier, but I'm not optimistic.

I actually dont think this has anything to do with any specific part or color. Then entire Shanghai facility was shut down for 3 weeks due to COVID restrictions. They estimate that the company is about 40,000 cars behind schedule. We have all seen about a month push back, which would coincide with a 3 week shut down. Reports are that the facility is back up and running as of yesterday, but it will take time for production to "ramp up" again. Certainly disappointing news for all of us who are waiting.

I actually dont think this has anything to do with any specific part or color. Then entire Shanghai facility was shut down for 3 weeks due to COVID restrictions. They estimate that the company is about 40,000 cars behind schedule. We have all seen about a month push back, which would coincide with a 3 week shut down. Reports are that the facility is back up and running as of yesterday, but it will take time for production to "ramp up" again. Certainly disappointing news for all of us who are waiting.
Out of curiosity, why would this affect production in the US? Is the China plant providing something to the US plant? I can understand how this could affect Asia and Europe EDD's but not North America.

Out of curiosity, why would this affect production in the US? Is the China plant providing something to the US plant? I can understand how this could affect Asia and Europe EDD's but not North America.
I will not claim to know what Tesla actually does, but I can't imagine that a shut down of their largest manufacturing hub would not affect global production. I guess what I am saying is that sadly, I think this widespread push back on the same day is real and we should probably expect it to stick.