Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. I’ve driven the Wrangler YJ, JK and JL models for nearly 20 years. Jeep to EV is gonna be different. I’ll probably still do the wave to other Jeep’s just out of muscle memory…lol
YJ TJ JK - Even had a patriot in there too.

Yeah heck I wave to jeeps driving my wife's Pilot these days. Haha. I have to think they understand that I'm a Jeeper driving my wife's car. Going to miss it but I can't freaking wait for a quiet and fast car. Anyway.

Nothing too crazy but yes we have the wall charger installed, all weather floor mats, trunk hook for groceries, the “intro kit“ from tesbros which includes screen protector, cup holder thing, center console organizer, the pucks to protect the battery when using a jack or lift and something else I think I’m forgetting.

I will be purchasing the LED light strings for the center console and dash as well was foot well LEDs.
I have pretty much the same ones. Wasn't a fan of the led lights... they look cool, but it's just a little too much for me. I like the simplicity of the interior. Almost ordered the "puddle lights" that put the Tesla & Logo on the ground under your doors when they're opened.

Just for awareness, if you have not planned to for getting a hardwired charger and like me had a 240v outlet existing. The bundle of plug adapters are instock and available now

Thanks for the heads up! (no notice from Tesla that I thought I was signed up for). Maybe I’ll have something with the Tesla logo on it when I thought I would have the car…Got a J1772 adaptor too! Looking forward to that Alaska road trip where RV hookups outnumber charging stations.

Reactions: mystryman007
Random thought here....
It's obvious to me in reading through this one thread in a whole Tesla forum: The Jeep cult has nothing on Tesla owners. They have the "it's a jeep thing." Am I the only one who thinks it'd be really cool if Teslas had a way to "acknowledge each other" when they were close together? Imagine if when you rolled by another Tesla in traffic, both of the cars make the sentry mode laser sound and flash their lights! Maybe it would have a realistic picture of the other Tesla on the autopilot screen instead of the generic blue car that normally shows up? I guess I could be reading the room wrong and you all aren't eager recruits into some futuristic-robot-car cult?
lol that may be a bit jarring depending on the driver (unless it's a feature that could be turned on/off), however very cool idea. I always thought it would be neat if other tesla vehicles displayed as a unique color on the infotainment screen as you drive.

Reactions: MADevarenne
Yup…anyone else drop F-bombs every time you open the garage and see the lonely wall charger staring back at you…as a painful reminder of a time when you were so naïve and full of hope…thinking you’d get delivery during the EDD on the app when you ordered?
I covered my lonely wall charger with a bicycle. Hook attached to the ceiling- can't even see the charger now unless you look for it.

lol that may be a bit jarring depending on the driver (unless it's a feature that could be turned on/off), however very cool idea. I always thought it would be neat if other tesla vehicles displayed as a unique color on the infotainment screen as you drive.
Agree! I'm in rural Indiana and drive 2 hours everyday. I am on the constant lookout for Teslas when driving. I think there must under 10 in this area. Would be fun though to get some kind of alert when others were nearby. If it made the sentry mode laser sound, imagine pulling up to a fairly crowded supercharger lot.... that would legitimately humor me!
Definitely not for everyone, but like you said, they could have it as an option in the toybox menu or something so you could turn it off

Random thought here....
It's obvious to me in reading through this one thread in a whole Tesla forum: The Jeep cult has nothing on Tesla owners. They have the "it's a jeep thing." Am I the only one who thinks it'd be really cool if Teslas had a way to "acknowledge each other" when they were close together? Imagine if when you rolled by another Tesla in traffic, both of the cars make the sentry mode laser sound and flash their lights! Maybe it would have a realistic picture of the other Tesla on the autopilot screen instead of the generic blue car that normally shows up? I guess I could be reading the room wrong and you all aren't eager recruits into some futuristic-robot-car cult?
Speaking of loyalty

Tesla is only second to Disney in consumer bond with brands​

MBLM_Top10_Brands-scaled-1-678x381.jpeg

Not a good
Thanks for the heads up! (no notice from Tesla that I thought I was signed up for). Maybe I’ll have something with the Tesla logo on it when I thought I would have the car…Got a J1772 adaptor too! Looking forward to that Alaska road trip where RV hookups outnumber charging stations.
I was told the J1772 adapter comes with the car

If you go back and look at the first month of Q1 you'll see some similar days where many people were pushed way out. But then later many were pulled back in. At this point, I wouldn't panic. I know it's frustrating but again we've seen it before and things ended up a little better than expected.
Which takes us to Juneish but still, the shortages all over the planet is a new variable that may turn this into a whole different animal. I wish Tesla would just be somewhat upfront and toss us a few truth nuggets so we don't have to suffer everyday with the unknowns. I'd rather you kick the can in my face than keep kicking it down the road.

Which takes us to Juneish but still, the shortages all over the planet is a new variable that may turn this into a whole different animal. I wish Tesla would just be somewhat upfront and toss us a few truth nuggets so we don't have to suffer everyday with the unknowns. I'd rather you kick the can in my face than keep kicking it down the road.
This.
I wish they’d just email us and say that they are having delays due to shortages. That would make me (is) more understanding I think. It would be an easy way to keep their base happy and probably lessen the calls they must be getting in a daily basis.

Day 56 for me.
My money goes on 85 days for me to get my car.

FWIW, I drove past the Glendale, AZ location yesterday on my way home (it's where I'll be picking up). The lot was EMPTY.
Normally, it's filled with cars for delivery.
I'll be driving by it again today, so I'll see if they get any deliveries, but it looked like an abandoned building yesterday.
I feel your anticipation as I'm on day day 59 since OD and no VIN but this is a good place to be along with all of you in this world wide waiting room. It's funny , I never understood why the lots at Tesla were empty until now patiently waiting and hating to buy gas at $96 a tank.