Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question regarding the touchless delivery. Does it mean that you accept and e-sign all documents and just go and pickup the car, or do you have to sit down with the service center folks and complete paperwork? What if you need to report any production defects? Do you show them to the service center folks immediately or do you report them in the app?

Anyone plan to add the acceleration boost? I think it's cool you can buy it, try it for 48 hrs and return it isn't what you were hoping for. I will likely buy (and keep) it. Best of both worlds. Long Range model with more "pep". You can put in chill mode if you really need to stretch the range on a trip.
I do and I count on its existence. I hope Tesla won’t increase its price (or even discontinue it)…

I do and I count on its existence. I hope Tesla won’t increase its price (or even discontinue it)…
I texted my SA and asked if I could go ahead and add to my order now. Honestly I was hoping this may make it one of the"higher margin" vehicles people on here say Tesla prioritizes shipping out.... unfortunately no answer yet. She's usually good at getting back to me asap. I'll let you know when she says no

Question regarding the touchless delivery. Does it mean that you accept and e-sign all documents and just go and pickup the car, or do you have to sit down with the service center folks and complete paperwork? What if you need to report any production defects? Do you show them to the service center folks immediately or do you report them in the app?
It's my understanding that if you go touchless then you accept everything via the app and the car is yours. You don't have to talk to anyone.. There are YouTube videos of people going through the process. Here in Virginia I don't believe they allow touchless because everyone was going into the office and signing a number of paper documents. I wasn't even offered the option of home delivery.

Once you've accepted the car, if you find any defects, you use the app to schedule service. I found a couple, told the delivery people and they walked me through scheduling service. The service appointment was set up for about a week out, but got pushed out a month a few days before. I waited a week then cancelled the service. It was obvious to me that the service guys have a lot on their plate and I didn't want them rushing through any service to my vehicle.

Ordered on 2/17: had dates of April 25-May 23 but just updated this morning to May 16 - May 30
When I hear of people getting their EDD pushed back, I immediately think that it's related to the price of the car. Of people who are being pushed back regularly, how many upgrades did you add? A color? White interior? 19" wheels? FSD? It seems that a color, black interior and 18" wheels are a common choice among those being pushed back. I think Tesla continues to prioritize higher-end vehicles, so the fewer upgrades on your car, the more it will be pushed back. Even vehicles with upgrades will get pushed back if orders keep coming in for loaded vehicles. This is just my personal speculation.

So in @Tyler Knepper's case, he's got an upgraded vehicle and his EDD is staying put. It just dropped to a two-week window, which is a good sign. Unless you're @T-J- ...

I texted my SA and asked if I could go ahead and add to my order now. Honestly I was hoping this may make it one of the"higher margin" vehicles people on here say Tesla prioritizes shipping out.... unfortunately no answer yet. She's usually good at getting back to me asap. I'll let you know when she says no
That I have an answer for (from my SA): it is not possible to add AB until you take delivery of the car and then doing it through the app.
My only concern is if the AB stays at the same price until I receive my car (who know after how many more weeks).

Reactions: MADevarenne
It's my understanding that if you go touchless then you accept everything via the app and the car is yours. You don't have to talk to anyone.. There are YouTube videos of people going through the process. Here in Virginia I don't believe they allow touchless because everyone was going into the office and signing a number of paper documents. I wasn't even offered the option of home delivery.

Once you've accepted the car, if you find any defects, you use the app to schedule service. I found a couple, told the delivery people and they walked me through scheduling service. The service appointment was set up for about a week out, but got pushed out a month a few days before. I waited a week then cancelled the service. It was obvious to me that the service guys have a lot on their plate and I didn't want them rushing through any service to my vehicle.

When I hear of people getting their EDD pushed back, I immediately think that it's related to the price of the car. Of people who are being pushed back regularly, how many upgrades did you add? A color? White interior? 19" wheels? FSD? It seems that a color, black interior and 18" wheels are a common choice among those being pushed back. I think Tesla continues to prioritize higher-end vehicles, so the fewer upgrades on your car, the more it will be pushed back. Even vehicles with upgrades will get pushed back if orders keep coming in for loaded vehicles. This is just my personal speculation.

So in @Tyler Knepper's case, he's got an upgraded vehicle and his EDD is staying put. It just dropped to a two-week window, which is a good sign. Unless you're @T-J- ...
I wasn’t surprised when it got pushed back a few weeks. I suppose the good news is it’s a two week window, and my estimated delivery when I ordered was ‘May’ so that might still hold true.

I was told the same. I asked for the option in NJ for home delivery and it's not an option. The SA said I must go to the dealership to pick up the car.

I had a "touchless" home delivery, but I still needed to wet sign a few documents. I suppose if you do a touchless store pickup, you can just drop off the documents in some dropbox or something.