Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally test drove an M3 - LR today....

Cons: (Very subjective) FSD seemed so buggy, randomly stopping in streets lol. Too small! The rear seats are good only for tiny kids. Even the front space seemed crammed -- felt like I was driving a go-kart (Picture attached). And I am definitely not liking the minimalist approach. I have a very basic honda civic and it felt so good to be back in my own car.
Model 3 is a midsized sedan and sits very low. So you might get that go-kart feeling. But I actually like that about this car. I dont think the interior is crammed by any means. But yes, if you raise the drivers seat height to max, depending on your height, your head will be very close to the roof, giving that crammed feeling.

Reactions: QueenSundodger
Did your EDD end up moving at all since changing to the 19's?
I just checked and yep it moved again today. I am now back to June - July. June 8 to July 13 to be exact. Not sure if there was truly a glitch in the EDD system over the last week or if adding the 19's helped kick it back up to where it was, but its in the better direction now :).

I just checked and yep it moved again today. I am now back to June - July. June 8 to July 13 to be exact. Not sure if there was truly a glitch in the EDD system over the last week or if adding the 19's helped kick it back up to where it was, but its in the better direction now :).
dammit...now i have to decide what I wanna do lol, cause my EDD is sitll the same from last week...so not sure if I want to believe it's some glitch, but who knows.

You’re about a month away from probably getting your car. Personally I’d just hold on, unless you REALLY want those 19s.
Yeah I might hold off... I've already planned on putting an aftermarket set of 19's on the car when I get it, so I didn't really have any reason for the stock 19's. Whatever stock wheels I get, they are just going to be my winter setup. That being said, I'd really prefer getting the aero wheels and use for winter, as they would def help the range in the cold weather over the stock 19's. Hopefully my EDD goes back to what it originally was and I get the car at least at the end of may/mid june. The main reason for me to get the 19's is really to try and get the car sooner lol

Reactions: T-J-
I did not realize that FSD was different between Canada and the US. Since it is predominantly a software system, and the camera systems are the same, I wonder why Tesla wouldn't deliver the same system to both countries? If I choose to use FSD on an American car while driving in Canada, does it not work, or is it less effective?

I did not realize that FSD was different between Canada and the US. Since it is predominantly a software system, and the camera systems are the same, I wonder why Tesla wouldn't deliver the same system to both countries? If I choose to use FSD on an American car while driving in Canada, does it not work, or is it less effective?
Can't speak to FSD specifcially, but there's a lot of legal reasons that systems differ. In the EU, matrix LED headlights have been legal for a long time and they've just recently become legal in the US. Rear view mirrors in the EU are totally different from the ones in the US. A lot of driver behavior is different as well, so there's tons of settings in regular ICE cars that differ between destination countries. I can only assume it's similar with FSD. Take Germany for example where there are lots of rules and higher speeds compared to the US.

Nothing really "new" to report. I wasn't affected by the EDD system "getting its 4/20 on" last week like so many others I saw in here. Still showing June 1- July 6. Ordered 3/15. LR. Black paint black interior 18" aeros, no "FSD".... fingers crossed this EDD HOLDS. Driving my wife's Ford Escape and hating it every day.

I do have to say... paying for gas feels different now. It's like an inside joke that the gas pump's days are numbered! Can't wait for that LAST fill-up!

Here's to hoping we all get our cars faster than expected.

I've been trying not to refresh the app as often or get on here to see things move in the wrong direction. It's helped my sanity a bit. Now I just need to quit buying things for the car before I have a $60k car with $15k worth of accessories!

Elon said recently that FSD is best in the Bay Area since that is where it is being developed- but that soon enough all cities and countries will get to that level. It must be something to do with this- Canadaian FSD just is not as developed as America’s yet, but it will get there.

Reactions: Spridle