Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spreadsheet still shows a pretty big gap between orders before and after 2/8, that means all y'all VIN getters these past few days should fill it out and help the data be more accurate !!

They are sold out. Plus rpmtesla doesn't offer the new version.
They are in stock.
Isnt the Aug2020-2022 version the latest version?

So moderators are welcome to remove this if it's in the wrong room. Just want a change of topic to keep things lively here.

I guess I always had an idea in my head of the "average" EV owner before I started researching Tesla. I imagined most were (don't be triggered) mostly left-wing climate change warriors. Don't get me wrong, I love it here on earth as much as the next guy. I just have to admit, my main reason for ordering this car was much more... selfish.. if you will. I was driving a full sized Ford pickup truck roughly 500 miles a week. It was a small fortune before the Ukraine fiasco to keep gas in the truck... not to mention the bank note. And that's with what I feel very blessed to consider a moderately high salary for where I live. Gas money started to feel equivalent to renting an apartment- keep throwing money away with nothing to show for it. Based on my calculations I'll have the same out of pocket expense driving the Tesla until gas drops below $2.79/Gallon. Then comes the "cool factor." There's no denying that these cars are unrivaled. Not just among EVs, but virtually unrivaled period. Unless you're willing to spend 6 figures on a super car, and make it your daily, nothing else comes close.

All this to say- I'm curious to know why you guys chose Tesla? I think a poll with a few options would be really interesting. I'm also curious how many of the folks in this thread are repeat Tesla customers? Are we all virgins here? If not... how long did you keep your first Tesla?

Last thought and I promise I'm done here... is anyone else concerned that after finally pulling the trigger, and then waiting months to get the car, that Tesla will offer something SOOO MUCH BETTER that your car will seem obsolete (and value will drop through the floor overnight)? What if they release a new battery with 50%faster charge times and 75% more range in November? What if a surprise pickup truck is announced to start production Jan '23? What if the Model 3 gets falcon wing doors? I guess you get the point by now..... Will we feel like assholes?

Woohoo! EDD just now updated to May 9-13 and asked to pay balance before delivery.
Congratulations. Do you have a VIN?

I was asked to pay in advance as well. I told my SA that I'd pay after I'd had a chance to look at the car. Wasn't a problem, though I didn't get into the car to check out its functions. I just inspected it for obvious cosmetic issues then went in to complete paperwork. I did run into a glitch where I couldn't pay through the app, and I had to go get a physical cashier's check.

That was for a pickup at the local delivery center. If you're getting the vehicle delivered to your home, I have no idea how that might work.

nope! nothing at all - I think I should reach out to someone, but no idea who to call - other than the delivery centre number I called just after my order was placed. any suggestions to get into contact with an SA? I never got a text, so don't have an in that way.
1-888 number by TeslaMan above will work

Also Tesla chat during business hours from tesla contact us website. Other option is to walk to Richmond office or call them.

Lots of Vins in the Reddit forum today.

Attachments

• B5BD39FD-1C9F-4124-9C94-D30F86334067.png
    B5BD39FD-1C9F-4124-9C94-D30F86334067.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 77