Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I text SA if cable/adapter will come with our 3/9 order. SA just sent message that the adapter will be included. I'm OK with that.
20B6C8D9-490D-4B81-ADF4-042612B31B73.jpeg

Hey All - New Member

I've received conflicting responses from Tesla SA's and seems people in here are more knowledgeable - if I were to edit the design of an existing order from the aero wheels to the 19"s, would I be sent to the bottom of the queue for that build configuration (as if I were placing a new order today), or would I be placed in the queue re-ordered based on my original OD? Most current EDD puts me in a spot where I won't have a car for a while and willing to pay to expedite but I'm not sure changing the wheels will do it.

M3LR, White, Black, Aero, no FSD.
OD 3/17 - EDD May
EDD #2 - July 12 - August 26
EDD #3 - June 7 - July 19
EDD #4 - August 2 - September 13
I wouldn't change anything.... I've considered it myself. Seems the only real knowledge here is that none of us actually know anything for certain. It's anecdotal at best. My SA told me they can't speculate whether changing wheels would impact my EDD either negatively or positively. I can say your EDD may change for the better. My OD was 3/15 and my edd is currently June 1 - July 6. It's held steady for a few weeks now. Just be patient and wait for the car you ordered unless you REALLY want the 19"wheels and are willing to POTENTIALLY wait longer for them.

This is likely what they meant by snail mail, this is the welcome letter I received today from Carolina Co-op.

Welcome! You are just a few steps away from obtaining account membership with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. You will be receiving a packet in the mail that contains important documents that will need to be reviewed, completed, and returned. Instructions are included to help guide you through the paperwork. Your initial account opening is unavailable electronically, so please watch your USPS mail delivery for your packet.

If you are applying for a loan, it takes an average of 5 business days once your savings account is open with its deposit. With Carolina Cooperative FCU, you must have at least a savings account to be able to apply for any of our loan products. A copy of your valid driver’s license(required for auto loan applicants) or valid state issued ID is required for your account opening and must have the correct address where you currently live, or we must have address verification. Our lending options do not stop at auto loans. We also offer personal loans, Visa credit cards with exceptional rates, secured loans, and recreational vehicle loans!

If you are looking to refinance your current auto loan or are at your end of lease buy out time period, please note that we are only able to refinance auto loans for those who reside in North Carolina or its connecting states, and private vehicle sales are only obtainable within the state of North Carolina.

Once you have completed the documents in your account opening packet, if you wish to expedite the process, you may do so at your expense with the express courier of your choice.
So you have to live in or a neighboring state to get a new loan? I can read that a few different ways.

Reactions: JustJenn
What say you great prognosticators of the Interwebs. When do you think I will get my car? :)
Picking up in Norther Colorado. Here's the information from my Signature on the Order information:
2022 M3 LRAWD MSM, Black Interior, 18" Aero, No FSD (O.D. 2/26/22, 1st EDD: 5/16 - 6/13, 2nd EDD: 6/9/22 - 7/14/22)
I ordered the same build as you a few days after. Delivery to Littleton, EDD 6/5-7/3

I ordered online and get local SA's responding to my texts. This might be because I did a test drive before ordering, so I did get a number of other texts from them as well
I ordered online and get local SA's responding to my texts. This might be because I did a test drive before ordering, so I did get a number of other texts from them as well.
My original SA from west coast and I'm east coast just texted me and let know he was reassigned and I now have an SA at my local dealership in Richmond, VA. And it was a person that I had already met here.

I think I’d go crazy knowing my car was there but not available to me!
Oh, don’t worry, I’m going crazy. I wanted to ask if I could see it, but thought better of it. I have about $1,000 in accessories in my garage just waiting for that car to get home. Wheel spacers, Atlas Mount swivel screen, and lots of interior items. Between seeing all those boxes and knowing the car is at the delivery center, it’s pretty hard to keep calm.

I wouldn't change anything.... I've considered it myself. Seems the only real knowledge here is that none of us actually know anything for certain. It's anecdotal at best. My SA told me they can't speculate whether changing wheels would impact my EDD either negatively or positively. I can say your EDD may change for the better. My OD was 3/15 and my edd is currently June 1 - July 6. It's held steady for a few weeks now. Just be patient and wait for the car you ordered unless you REALLY want the 19"wheels and are willing to POTENTIALLY wait longer for them.
Thanks for the advice. I ordered just 2 days after you (3/17) and my current EDD is 8/2-9/13

Did anyone see the reddit post about those cars with VINs recently assigned? Looks like they might be delayed to due part shortages

My delivery is suppose to occur in about 2 weeks. I was sent an email by a tesla SA (had no contact with this person prior to this) and was invited to a Teams meeting to go through the delivery process and answer any questions participants have.

1. the SA mentioned that some cars may be shipped to pick up location but place on hold due to parts shortages. The parts would be installed upon availability. He said that tesla didn’t want to delay production and shipment of the rest of the car.

2. Someone asked if the cars would have the 12V lithium ion battery and ryzen. SA said they should all come with ryzen but he didn’t know / didn’t think there would be the 12V lithium battery.

3. Someone asked if we would be getting the mobile charger, and he said if your delivery is in the next few weeks, they will. But he said that the cut off is not defined at the moment and that just because you ordered before apr 17 doesn’t necessarily mean you will get the mobile charger.

so….i thought all the cars now have 12V lithium, and i thought it was official that those who ordered before apr 17 would get the charge. This makes me think his information isn’t that credible. But he is a tesla SA.

Oh, don’t worry, I’m going crazy. I wanted to ask if I could see it, but thought better of it. I have about $1,000 in accessories in my garage just waiting for that car to get home. Wheel spacers, Atlas Mount swivel screen, and lots of interior items. Between seeing all those boxes and knowing the car is at the delivery center, it’s pretty hard to keep calm.
Haha, ok. I thought I might be the only one.