Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone here in a state where it's offered has taken advantage of Tesla's insurance. I did a quote last night and they offered me a policy for $45 a month (which is a far cry from what my current insurance company quoted) contingent upon my "safety score". They said they'll arbitrarily start me at 90 and my premium can fluctuate depending upon my score each month. I am hesitant because I remember reading about those same safety scores tied to the fsd beta and guys were saying it was hard to keep a high score. The slightest thing drops your score they say. I just feel as if it's a bait and switch...like I get it cheap that first month and the following month it'll be $150 or something. So just curious if anyone has it and how it's going.
Keep in mind most of us are waiting on our car so we wouldn't have answers for you. Try the forums here on the site that are full of existing owners and also there is a small forum about Tesla insurance - Insurance

Entered my EDD window this morning with no update… not really sure what to make of this. I ordered on 02/19 with EDD of 04/28-05/26. Just find it strange that im seeing feb orders now getting vins or 2 week windows and nothing has changed for me. I have completed everything. Should I reach out to my SA or give it another day?
On the first day of my first EDD towards the end of the day it updated with a pushed back EDD.

If they're having supply chain issues then they should just say that. But to omit the cable and then charge folks $400 for something literally required is beyond asinine. Ship it when you have it available. What's next? Cars will ship without tires and you'll have to buy them for $1000? This company is really starting to rub me the wrong way with secrecy surrounding orders, removing hardware and features while steadily raising prices. This car is really becoming not worth the price and I know a lot of fanboys will feel some type of way and downvote this but it has to be said. They need to be called out on their sh*t and maybe things will change.

What?

I am hesitant because I remember reading about those same safety scores tied to the fsd beta and guys were saying it was hard to keep a high score. The slightest thing drops your score they say.
Realize that the Safety Score isn't just a measure of your driving habits. It's also a measure of how dangerous your driving environment is. If you're being forced to do "unsafe" things in order to defend yourself from lunatic drivers, that is a statement that you're in a dangerous environment. The Safety Score reflects that. In general, I wouldn't worry. Just sign up for Tesla Insurance and go through the process. If the rate that Tesla charges in practice isn't to your liking, switch to a conventional insurance policy.
He's just venting. You know how stressful it is to wait and wait and wait. It affects different people in different ways.

On Twitter one guy posts pics each day from Giga Texas and it appears to be more than 100 but that's just my observation.
It can't be that much though. Tesla is still building Y's in Fremont. There are several videos on YouTube of drone footage of plant from the last couple of weeks, and I would say that there was more Y's then any other model in the lot where the cars get loaded for delivery.

Entered my EDD window this morning with no update… not really sure what to make of this. I ordered on 02/19 with EDD of 04/28-05/26. Just find it strange that im seeing feb orders now getting vins or 2 week windows and nothing has changed for me. I have completed everything. Should I reach out to my SA or give it another day?
Mine updated the 2nd day of my EDD, so I’d give it another day or so.

Reactions: doodlebob424
But he’s not wrong. Tesla gets away with sub-standard communication becase they have a superior product compared to the competition. That may change some day. Or not.
Yeah a bit sub standard communication compared to the norm when supply chains and production are more predictable. And maybe it’s because we have that little date appearing in the app that is increasing stress levels.

if you’re ordering a Mach E or a rav4 prime, those future owners aren’t refreshing some app or webpage feverishly hourly(or more than that for some folks here hahah) and tracking every shift in EDD.

And I don’t disagree that tesla raising prices and slowly removing some features / items that were previously included leaves a bad taste. They do it because they can and as much as people whine about it, there is someone else in the long queue who would be more than willing to take your spot. So yeah, tesla has control and the power right now.

With any luck, all of us who ordered before apr 17 will get the mobile connector. I highly doubt anyone here will be cancelling their orders over a $275 (not $400) mobile charger….

Last edited:
Oh, don’t worry, I’m going crazy. I wanted to ask if I could see it, but thought better of it. I have about $1,000 in accessories in my garage just waiting for that car to get home. Wheel spacers, Atlas Mount swivel screen, and lots of interior items. Between seeing all those boxes and knowing the car is at the delivery center, it’s pretty hard to keep calm.
Same here. We're still waiting for ours so to keep from making every morning into the garage pure hell, I gave my accessories to my son who just got his M3 and then I moved a cabinet in front of 200v plug I installed 2 weeks ago. Now I only drive myself crazy by doing multiple Tesla website VIN checks with the Chrome extension.

Reactions: jpaychek
Yeah a bit sub standard communication compared to the norm when supply chains and production are more predictable. And maybe it’s because we have that little date appearing in the app that is increasing stress levels.

if you’re ordering a Mach E or a rav4 prime, those future owners aren’t refreshing some app or webpage feverishly hourly(or more than that for some folks here hahah) and tracking every shift in EDD.

And I don’t disagree that tesla raising prices and slowly removing some features / items that were previously included leaves a bad taste. They do it because they can and as much as people whine about it, there is someone else in the long queue who would be more than willing to take your spot. So yeah, tesla has control and the power right now.

With any luck, all of us who ordered before apr 17 will get the mobile connector. I highly doubt anyone here will be cancelling their orders over a $400 mobile charger….

Tesla Gen 2 Mobile Charger that comes with all vehicles is listed at $275.

$400 charger appears to be different. Am I incorrect?

Oh, that will change some day. Lots of companies are making EV's but I think Tesla's single threat is Lucid Motors.
I dont think Lucid is anywhere close to being a threat to Tesla. They are still very new to the whole end to end car production business. Existing ICE manufacturers pose a bigger threat (relatively) compared to Lucid as they already have been manufacturing cars for decades. Still Tesla is a decade ahead of the competitors at this point. We will see if the status quo changes in the coming years (not likely, unless Elon steps aside and some vanilla MBA comes in to run Tesla).

But he’s not wrong. Tesla gets away with sub-standard communication because they have a superior product compared to the competition. That may change some day. Or not.
Well…. while communication may be better I am not so sure it’s any worse than ordinary car dealers. I don’t really need someone to contact me constantly providing Hand-Holding and Tear-Wiping chores. So far I ordered the car in Feb and the website at the time stated May delivery. So far it’s on schedule so we will see.

I am not a big fan of car dealers in general, I have had many bad experiences that this is a breath of fresh air. In fact I would defer to a quote from Dickins on the Canadian series Letterkenny(Which is awesome by the way) “Every single one of ‘em carry’s a revolver under his drivers seat, and every single one of ‘em knows why!”.

It's day 1 of my 11 day EDD window. Anyone want to place bets on if my EDD gets pushed or if I get a VIN assigned during this window? :p
Since we both have the same build and are local, wanted to give you an update on mine.
On Tuesday I got my VIN and a 4 day EDD window of April 26-30, completed all tasks, and it’s with each passing day the EDD is delayed but still a 4 day window. I texted my SA and they said my VIN is still going through final inspection and I am going to be contacted for delivery dates. Right now EDD is April 28 (today) - May 2.

So it seems to me like the EDDs still aren’t perfect and there might be some kinks getting worked out.

Reactions: canasian