Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat. Did you get your purchase agreement? I am still waiting for that to finalize my auto loan. I guess the "part" shortage other people talking about today may cause such delay.
Is your bank holding an interest rate for you for 30 days or something? My credit union has a decent 1.89% that ends tomorrow so I’m hoping they let me lock it in considering my EDD is 5/6-5/20 but no VIN yet

Tell me you're a Tesla fan boi without admitting you're a Tesla fan boi.
Haha yeah I’m just a Tesla fan boi. It’s funny how people will complain about Tesla fans blindly supporting the company, but then Tesla haters have no actual understanding of the fundamentals of Teslas business, especially relative to their competitors.

Everyone just makes claims that “competition is coming” because they see other manufacturers releasing new EV models. But nobody mentions how those companies (both legacy manufacturers like GM and Ford as well as new ones like Lucid and Rivian) will take years to scale production (according to their OWN guidance). Meanwhile, Tesla has been doing the hard work of scaling production for years and is making cars at absolutely ridiculous margins (which by Teslas guidance will continue to grow through software and economies of scale).

So in the coming years Tesla will be making more EVs than any other company while EV adoption grows exponentially. And they’ll be making those cars for a much higher profit than other companies. And the other companies will be losing sales of their ICE vehicles, while trying to ramp the costly and difficult EV lines (aka it’s not as easy as slapping a battery onto the bottom of an ICE car framework, looking at you Toyota).

Probably wasn’t worth typing this all out but it’s just annoying seeing so many people who are blind to what’s clearly happening. It’s like people claiming that Apple would never succeed once other smartphones come out. In 5 years, Tesla will be the most valuable company in the world with probably a 3.5 Trillion dollar market cap.

Haha yeah I’m just a Tesla fan boi. It’s funny how people will complain about Tesla fans blindly supporting the company, but then Tesla haters have no actual understanding of the fundamentals of Teslas business, especially relative to their competitors.

Everyone just makes claims that “competition is coming” because they see other manufacturers releasing new EV models. But nobody mentions how those companies (both legacy manufacturers like GM and Ford as well as new ones like Lucid and Rivian) will take years to scale production (according to their OWN guidance). Meanwhile, Tesla has been doing the hard work of scaling production for years and is making cars at absolutely ridiculous margins (which by Teslas guidance will continue to grow through software and economies of scale).

So in the coming years Tesla will be making more EVs than any other company while EV adoption grows exponentially. And they’ll be making those cars for a much higher profit than other companies. And the other companies will be losing sales of their ICE vehicles, while trying to ramp the costly and difficult EV lines (aka it’s not as easy as slapping a battery onto the bottom of an ICE car framework, looking at you Toyota).

Probably wasn’t worth typing this all out but it’s just annoying seeing so many people who are blind to what’s clearly happening. It’s like people claiming that Apple would never succeed once other smartphones come out. In 5 years, Tesla will be the most valuable company in the world with probably a 3.5 Trillion dollar market cap.
100% agree.

Ford released earnings yesterday and Ford CEO says they will be the #1 EV manufacturer. So how are they going to do that? Well they are AIMING to produce 600k EVs by 2023. Umm, but didn’t tesla just produce over 900k last year, and will continue to scale up massively as berlin and Texas ramp up production?

these competitor CEOs are straight up lying.

and don’t even get me started with GM. ”GM is leading the transition to EVs” proclaimed Biden. Yet GM delivered a WHOPPING 457 EVs last quarter. What a joke.

This is likely what they meant by snail mail, this is the welcome letter I received today from Carolina Co-op.

Welcome! You are just a few steps away from obtaining account membership with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. You will be receiving a packet in the mail that contains important documents that will need to be reviewed, completed, and returned. Instructions are included to help guide you through the paperwork. Your initial account opening is unavailable electronically, so please watch your USPS mail delivery for your packet.

If you are applying for a loan, it takes an average of 5 business days once your savings account is open with its deposit. With Carolina Cooperative FCU, you must have at least a savings account to be able to apply for any of our loan products. A copy of your valid driver’s license(required for auto loan applicants) or valid state issued ID is required for your account opening and must have the correct address where you currently live, or we must have address verification. Our lending options do not stop at auto loans. We also offer personal loans, Visa credit cards with exceptional rates, secured loans, and recreational vehicle loans!

If you are looking to refinance your current auto loan or are at your end of lease buy out time period, please note that we are only able to refinance auto loans for those who reside in North Carolina or its connecting states, and private vehicle sales are only obtainable within the state of North Carolina.

Once you have completed the documents in your account opening packet, if you wish to expedite the process, you may do so at your expense with the express courier of your choice.
I'm trying to use Carolina Co-op as well. I got that welcome email yesterday. I have a VIN for Y and an estimated delivery date of May 09 - May 13, but depending on when their snail mail packet shows up it seems unlikely that I can complete a loan with them in time and I'm out-of-state so I can't use them to Refi. Great rates and I hope I can use them, but I've got a few backups in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCTes1aMan
No you’re correct. The $400 one has the NEMA 14-50 adapter on it. People just complain about the $400 one because it sounds worse. Tesla will also be reducing the price of the $275 one
My understanding is that the $400 one has a NEMA 14-50 plug hardwired into it. It allows charging at 40A instead of the pluggable $275 one with a NEMA 14-50 adapter which is limited to 32A. I've been thinking about ordering the $400 one for use at home so I can leave the mobile connector in the car, where it belongs.

I keep a close eye on the store page for charging options. Both connectors are currently out of stock and at their original $400 and $275 prices.

100% agree.

Ford released earnings yesterday and Ford CEO says they will be the #1 EV manufacturer. So how are they going to do that? Well they are AIMING to produce 600k EVs by 2023. Umm, but didn’t tesla just produce over 900k last year, and will continue to scale up massively as berlin and Texas ramp up production?

and don’t even get me started with GM. ”GM is leading the transition to EVs” proclaimed Biden. Yet GM delivered a WHOPPING 457 EVs last quarter. What a joke.

Meanwhile Ford quietly made the 2022 Mach-E unavailable to order in the United States for retail customers in any trim level. Ford Mach-E sales in March amounted to 2,363 which is 10.4% less than March 2021. The gross stock of Mach-E in the U.S. was 8,700 (dealerships and transport, we assume) in March.

I'm not entirely sure they will hit their 200k goal of Mach-E's this year. We'll see how they do in 2023, but it doesn't look that great.

Anyways, I digress. Anyone picking up their car this weekend?

100% agree.

I think VW group is best positioned so far to beat Tesla by volume. They delivered about half of what Tesla did worldwide last year in just their second year of selling BEVs. Chattanooga plant should be coming online soon to make US market ID4.

Of course Tesla is still expanding production with Berlin and Texas factories opening recently and still ramping. Will definitely be interesting to see how the next few years play out in the EV segment and if anyone can catch up or surpass Tesla in volume.

The legacies have many factories worldwide that can be converted to EV production vs Tesla that needs to build out new factories.

After just leaving the MY Waiting Room threads (Picked up my MY last month), guess its time now to join the M3 Waiting Room.

Not in a huge rush to pick up - any big impending upgrades we should be looking out for? I know the new batteries are going into the MY first, and I'm not inclined to wait for that, but would love to know if there are any QOL upgrades coming up.

Reactions: davidmaciv
Have you read the Lucid forums? Plenty of venting about missed delivery date estimates, poor communication, issues after delivery etc. and at this point Lucid is doing less that 1% of the production volume of Tesla with only a few hundred cars delivered so far. And this is a $140,000 - $180,000 car. Not like Tesla is the only company with issues

(Disclosure- I own both TSLA and LCID stock)
Oh, that will change some day. Lots of companies are making EV's but I think Tesla's single threat is Lucid Motors.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
I ordered my Tesla LR AWD White, 18" aero wheels on Feb 12th from Scottsdale, Arizona. Had a delivery date of 29April to 30th May for a long time since it got pushed to 1st June to 1st July last week. Went to the Tesla showroom yesterday to check and they informed me that 1st June to 1st July is the realistic timeline for me. Definitely feel that the orders in Arizona are being delayed :confused:

Reactions: ARamAZ and elyk864