Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very pleased with my pickup experience. She was flawless and no problems with that bump folks were seeing in the back. The light strip lined up perfectly all around. They even had my floor mats in upside down so their shoes didn't mess them up before I got the car. The gentleman who got me set up, oriented, and connected was very professional. He answered all my questions and walked me through everything. There was even a little tent folded sign on the dash congratulating me and welcoming me to the "family". As my state requires a front plate, he installed the plate holder for me. I was pleased to see they didn't have to drill into the vehicle. It's a super sticky adhesive custom piece that fits to the curve of the lower bumper. Everyone there was attentive and helpful. I won't say how old I am but I have bought a few cars and hands down, the Tesla is worth it alone in the purchasing experience. Painless, easy, and no stress. Now I am just getting familiar with the nuances and little changes new to having her. So very pleased.

My "package tray" is also warped on my M3LR. I thought it might have been designed that way since mine is nearly directly in the center, but seeing pictures online showed it me it is meant to be flat. I have a service center appointment on May 6 to fix it (earliest available at my SC)View attachment 1041999
could you point me to some pictures of some flat package trays, that you found online? I'm investigating mine as well. thanks!!

Very pleased with my pickup experience. She was flawless and no problems with that bump folks were seeing in the back. The light strip lined up perfectly all around. They even had my floor mats in upside down so their shoes didn't mess them up before I got the car. The gentleman who got me set up, oriented, and connected was very professional. He answered all my questions and walked me through everything. There was even a little tent folded sign on the dash congratulating me and welcoming me to the "family". As my state requires a front plate, he installed the plate holder for me. I was pleased to see they didn't have to drill into the vehicle. It's a super sticky adhesive custom piece that fits to the curve of the lower bumper. Everyone there was attentive and helpful. I won't say how old I am but I have bought a few cars and hands down, the Tesla is worth it alone in the purchasing experience. Painless, easy, and no stress. Now I am just getting familiar with the nuances and little changes new to having her. So very pleased.
Glad you had a good experience. The floor mat thing was curious though. So does that mean they dirtied up the underside of the mats with their shoes instead? If so I feel like they could’ve just put down a cheap paper mat on top of the floor mat and just removed it when they got out of the car. I wish they’d do that when I take my car to them for service. I always bring it in nice and clean they return it to me with filthy mats and filthy seats. One of the worst things I hate about Tesla. Paper mats and plastic seat covers would easily solve such issues but I guess they don’t care. Sorry I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Glad you had a good experience. The floor mat thing was curious though. So does that mean they dirtied up the underside of the mats with their shoes instead? If so I feel like they could’ve just put down a cheap paper mat on top of the floor mat and just removed it when they got out of the car. I wish they’d do that when I take my car to them for service. I always bring it in nice and clean they return it to me with filthy mats and filthy seats. One of the worst things I hate about Tesla. Paper mats and plastic seat covers would easily solve such issues but I guess they don’t care. Sorry I’ll get off my soapbox now.
I picked up my Model 3 on Tuesday and it had the paper mats. I didn't order any floor mats through them, because I heard that they came with carpeted floor mats. The Tesla guy said that I was mistaken, so I ordered pretty good ones from Amazon.

I picked up my Model 3 on Tuesday and it had the paper mats. I didn't order any floor mats through them, because I heard that they came with carpeted floor mats. The Tesla guy said that I was mistaken, so I ordered pretty good ones from Amazon.
The long range comes with floor mats the standard range does not

Reactions: Whitezoid and Zap!
So does that mean they dirtied up the underside of the mats with their shoes instead?
They were not dirty at all. I noticed they were flipped over as they seemed grey instead of black in the light and I touched it and it didn't feel like carpet. The man said they keep them flipped over like that when they drive it over from being detailed to pick up. (Short distance). They use the paper mats before that. I gather they do the final wash/wax, lay the mats in, then bring it to me.

My long range came with mats. I am taking my time to accessorize her. The carpet mats are fine to get started. I saw some nice ones by 3D MAXpider that look like good all weather protection without feeling like I put giant rubber trays in her.

Reactions: evfangirl
Anyone heard what causes the highland turn signals to malfunction or stick from time to time?
I got my highland M3 in Feb of 2024.

I had the steering wheel replaced twice in the 3 months I had the car. The left turn button would stop working intermittently.

2nd steering wheel had to be replaced bc the auto pilot button stopped working.

The alignment had to be adjusted. The heating system didn’t work after month 1.

All this within first 30-45 days of having the car.

It has now been totaled - so I’m really hoping the next highland I order , I won’t have to go through all this again..

I had the steering wheel replaced twice in the 3 months I had the car. The left turn button would stop working intermittently.

It has now been totaled - so I’m really hoping the next highland I order , I won’t have to go through all this again..
I had this issue in my S but every time I took it took it to the SC I couldn’t reproduce it. But of course once I left, the problem would happen again. Were you able to reproduce it at the SC or did they just take you at your word?

Looks like Jeremiah Jones from Kentucky received a vin
for M3P

Oh, and me, no vin
yesterday, today or tomorrow
IMG_1022.jpeg

Has anyone that got delivery experienced phantom braking with the new 2024 Model 3 "Highland"? I was reading a few articles and it seems to be a dangerous issue with Y and older M3. My Mercedes has an emergency breaking system but never never had any issues, or slowed down/stopped for no reason. Is Tesla's phantom braking still a pending/ongoing issue?
I bought a new 2023 Model 3, currently with 7000 miles on it. Had a major episode while cruise control on on May 15. Doing 72. Very light traffic, so fortunately no accident, though if someone had been tailgating would have been some serious issues. (I never use any of the autopilot items after experimenting for a bit. Do not trust them). No luck with Tesla. Main office said I had to go through local Tesla dealer. Local Tesla dealer indicated that it can occur and that it is the driver's responsibility to be in control of the vehicle. Local dealer cancelled the appointment.
Has anyone that got delivery experienced phantom braking with the new 2024 Model 3 "Highland"? I was reading a few articles and it seems to be a dangerous issue with Y and older M3. My Mercedes has an emergency breaking system but never never had any issues, or slowed down/stopped for no reason. Is Tesla's phantom braking still a pending/ongoing issue?
Yes. My 2023 Model 3 (current mileage 7,000) suddenly went into emergency braking on May 15, 2024 while in cruise mode at 72 mph. Fortunately, I do not use any of the AutoPilot stuff (do not trust it after trying for a few minutes) and was able to retain control. Also, fortunately, traffic was light and no one was tailgating me, although I am sure some folks to the rear had to slow down quickly. Reported to Tesla. Told to report to dealer. Did so. Dealer without looking at the vehicle indicated it did not find anything unusual in the telemetry, some glips are to be expected, and driver is responsible for retaining control. Dealer thereupon cancelled the appointment. I was shocked and was able to download the telemetry. None existed for the approximate time periods during which the incident occurred.

According to articles I dug up, drivers have reported more than 400,000 instances of phantom breaking to NHTSA. It is investigating approximately 700 plus reports from Tesla owners.

Reactions: LL-FL
I had this issue in my S but every time I took it took it to the SC I couldn’t reproduce it. But of course once I left, the problem would happen again. Were you able to reproduce it at the SC or did they just take you at your word?
On this sticky button issue- I had it a couple of times during a long road trip this weekend. So what I discovered it is that instead of hitting it with the edge of your fingers on the spot with high precision (it doesn't work sometimes) it is best to use the fleshier part of your thumb (the fingerprint area) which is a larger area. This worked every time for me!

You had the steering wheel replaced for such a minor thing?? Lol wow
Mine stuck once or twice, but it was more or less of getting used to where to press..like other members described, no need to get all bent out of shape about it..
How did you total the car? U just got it, jeez

On this sticky button issue- I had it a couple of times during a long road trip this weekend. So what I discovered it is that instead of hitting it with the edge of your fingers on the spot with high precision (it doesn't work sometimes) it is best to use the fleshier part of your thumb (the fingerprint area) which is a larger area. This worked every time for me!
I was in for service today, for another reason, but talked with the SA about my right blinker button sometimes sticking. What you're saying is pretty much what he was describing to me as well, as we were testing it. Don't put a lot of pressure on the button and with your finger pointed but more of a lighter touch with the majority of your surface area of your thumb.

Although, I find it a design flaw if you have to press the button with specific instructions. Oh well, most always it works without an issue. I'll try to press with more surface area of my thumb.

Reactions: evfangirl and VS325
I was in for service today, for another reason, but talked with the SA about my right blinker button sometimes sticking. What you're saying is pretty much what he was describing to me as well, as we were testing it. Don't put a lot of pressure on the button and with your finger pointed but more of a lighter touch with the majority of your surface area of your thumb.

Although, I find it a design flaw if you have to press the button with specific instructions. Oh well, most always it works without an issue. I'll try to press with more surface area of my thumb.

I've had my M3LR for a week now and I feel the same way. When it comes to pressing the blinkers, it seems to always work for me as long as I can feel the dividing bar with part of my thumb and then push the up or down to trigger the right or left blinker. If I'm pressing in an area where my thumb can't also feel the divider, then maybe it works but maybe it doesn't.

I completely agree that it shouldn't be this finicky and I fully believe that there are some people out there that actually have steering wheel flaws, but now that I'm used to it, it works all the time for me.

Sorry if the subject has been brought up before, anyone using USB splitter/hub in the glove box port to use sentry and also a audio USB stick.
Suggestions, recommendations? Thanks
I don't use a splitter, but I recommend partitioning the stick, one for audio the other for dashcam. That's what I do, and have done on my previous M3 too, and it's worked out very well. I don't recall off hand exactly what size I partitioned audio for but it was something like 10GB which was more than enough for me, and left plenty for the dashcam.