Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious about the charging port mentioned. Is everyone talking about the main charger port used to charge the main battery? If that’s missing, what good is the car? Like buying an ICE vehicle without a gas tank. I’m sure installing the charger port is a bit time consuming requiring the shop (instead of at your house). Would the battery even have a charge if there’s no charging port (Pre charged prior to installation?)
Yes, this is the exterior charging port for charging the main battery. In the pictures, you can see tape holding the charge port door closed. Without the port, the battery cannot be charged by using the normal connector. I see no reason to believe that installing the charging port would be time-consuming. It's should be a matter of wiring in the port. And yes, the battery would have a charge because there's no way to test the vehicle without a charged battery. It would be absurd to wait until a charge port is added - in the field - before charging the battery and then testing the drive train - in the field.

I’m curious about the charging port mentioned. Is everyone talking about the main charger port used to charge the main battery? If that’s missing, what good is the car? Like buying an ICE vehicle without a gas tank. I’m sure installing the charger port is a bit time consuming requiring the shop (instead of at your house). Would the battery even have a charge if there’s no charging port (Pre charged prior to installation?)
I’m with you, seeing the car without possessing it would drive me crazy (so close yet so far…) 😜
It’s not the charging port itself but the ecu. The port is there.

Where did you finance? I called several credit union banks and got the same answer.
I actually originally was approved with Wright Patt Credit Union (2.49%), but that was only good for 45 days. Then I applied with NGFCU (they have a much better rate @1.74% and a 180 day lock-in period). I was approved at both credit unions and locked the respective rates at both without a VIN.

Reactions: rightdealer
I am going to order floor mats for my imaginary car.
What is the best option (reasonable price)?
Amazon/teslarati/rpmtesla/...?
You need all weather mats.

If you want discount on 3dmaxpider (the best out there), the interior set is currently available for $179 + tax at rpm tesla. Make sure you select the correct year i.e 2022 at the bottom.

If you want an alternative, get the Taptes from Amazon. Close to the quality of 3dmaxpider. You can get at Amazon for $139 +tax after you apply the $40 off coupon on the page.

Yo Vancity fam -- how are y'all hanging in?

@yvr_bbq 's been chiming in -- however, you've been off the grid @doodlebob424 -- one question for both of you, have you booked ceramic or ppf and tinting appointments? Any recommendations around this?

I am also ordering a 3d spider mat, but in US (shipping to canada is so expensive) and probably a silicon holder. Any other interior accessory must haves?

Also - for @doodlebob424 looking at your OD it seems to me you may get your car much earlier than the 5/23 EDD range provided to you. (This is from the anecdotal trends I have been seeing -- plus my stats)

I am probably going to take a bus to the service center to take delivery -- imma look like a hobo, with all my accessories in this big cardboard box shuffling on to the bus and walking through sketch part of the town to the service center.
The only thing I would want to install would be the screen protector. You can install pretty much everything else once you are back home.
Even the screen protector can be installed back home if they remove the initial protective film.

Reactions: rickvancouver
HOLY... *sugar*! MY HANDS ARE SHAKING UNCONTROLLABLY!

Amy from Tesla just gave me a bone!

Apparently someone backed out of their order and my car is almost in Indy! Just got my VIN! Chargeport shortage didn't impact the car so it's ready to go!! My God it's finally over!

Keep strong fellas! The wait will be worth it!!! Doing my happy dance!

The only thing I would want to install would be the screen protector. You can install pretty much everything else once you are back home.
Even the screen protector can be installed back home if they remove the initial protective film.
I read somewhere that Tesla Stock Car doesn't come with floor mats - just a paper

1651351688078.png

HOLY... *sugar*! MY HANDS ARE SHAKING UNCONTROLLABLY!

Amy from Tesla just gave me a bone!

Apparently someone backed out of their order and my car is almost in Indy! Just got my VIN! Chargeport shortage didn't impact the car so it's ready to go!! My God it's finally over!

Keep strong fellas! The wait will be worth it!!! Doing my happy dance!
Need more folks like this here in NY. But everyone in NY is apparently hell bent on buying the car that they lawfully put in their order for.