Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: Picking up in Fremont. Got my VIN and 4 day window on Tuesday but it kept getting pushed back a day ever since, and I was just waiting for someone to contact me about delivery. This morning my EDD was 4/30 - May 4.

I just got a text from my SA that said, “Now that your delivery is scheduled, you can purchase your Tesla Insurance Policy in the Tesla App. You must provide proof of an active insurance policy to take delivery of your Model 3.”

So I go into my app and now I have a scheduled delivery on Tuesday from 4-8pm. I wasn’t given any choices but luckily I can make that time just fine since I live 10 minutes away.

Sending you all progressive vibes.

Quick update: Picking up in Fremont. Got my VIN and 4 day window on Tuesday but it kept getting pushed back a day ever since, and I was just waiting for someone to contact me about delivery. This morning my EDD was 4/30 - May 4.

I just got a text from my SA that said, “Now that your delivery is scheduled, you can purchase your Tesla Insurance Policy in the Tesla App. You must provide proof of an active insurance policy to take delivery of your Model 3.”

So I go into my app and now I have a scheduled delivery on Tuesday from 4-8pm. I wasn’t given any choices but luckily I can make that time just fine since I live 10 minutes away.

Sending you all progressive vibes.
I got a vin assigned on the 26th and delivery window was 5/9-5/13 and this morning it changed to the same as yours…4/30-5/4 and I’m still unable to schedule an exact date. No one has contacted me yet but the insurance portal did open up. I’m nervous about the charge port ecu issue. It’s weird that I’m unable to schedule a delivery date…fingers crossed.

Reactions: Junior86
Same here, my car is sitting in the SC lot waiting for charge port. Couldn't Tesla just deliver it without charging port? I think it's within spec ;)
I’m curious about the charging port mentioned. Is everyone talking about the main charger port used to charge the main battery? If that’s missing, what good is the car? Like buying an ICE vehicle without a gas tank. I’m sure installing the charger port is a bit time consuming requiring the shop (instead of at your house). Would the battery even have a charge if there’s no charging port (Pre charged prior to installation?)
I’m with you, seeing the car without possessing it would drive me crazy (so close yet so far…) 😜

Reactions: Junior86
I got a vin assigned on the 26th and delivery window was 5/9-5/13 and this morning it changed to the same as yours…4/30-5/4 and I’m still unable to schedule an exact date. No one has contacted me yet but the insurance portal did open up. I’m nervous about the charge port ecu issue. It’s weird that I’m unable to schedule a delivery date…fingers crossed.
I was told Tesla is supposed to contact you when they are ready to deliver, even when you only have a small EDD window. So I was just waiting for them all week to say something. I was, however, expecting that they were going to give me some options when they were ready but they didn’t. Just a 4 hour window.

I was told Tesla is supposed to contact you when they are ready to deliver, even when you only have a small EDD window. So I was just waiting for them all week to say something. I was, however, expecting that they were going to give me some options when they were ready but they didn’t. Just a 4 hour window.
I guess they’re changing their processes then because my buddy was able to schedule a date and time window through the app.