Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I spoke with “Kevin” at Tesla. I asked about the lights and he said he can’t tell me if mine will have the Matrix style since I don’t have a VIN. I asked if it’s a supply issue and some will get the matrix and some the old style. He gave the standard “we don’t have any communication on that” response.
Don't trust Kevin!!! That guy's been lying to us for years! :)

I understand that the Tesla buying experience is better in a lot of ways from buying other brands. There is no pressure, no price haggle. But in the same breath, I would like my rep to be knowledgeable and in the loop with what is going on. If I went to get a BMW or other luxury vehicle, I would expect the sales associate to be educated on the brand and be able to answer questions
The one big downside to Tesla’s model is that their sales people aren’t paid on commission, so they have less motivation when it comes to product knowledge or customer satisfaction.

• Informative
Reactions: JB from the AZ
If I have a 5/16 - 5/30 EDD when do you guys think I should expect to get a VIN?
First expect a pull out and then push in and then pull out (I think this is by design because Elon has his kinks)

After this drama your EDD will reduce to a 12 day window — expect one or two more pull out/push back after that

And then finally on 1st day of your 3rd 12 day window will they give you a vin and 4 day window

And then push out that 4 day window back one last time before you are asked to leave the center with your car in tow.

The one big downside to Tesla’s model is that their sales people aren’t paid on commission, so they have less motivation when it comes to product knowledge or customer satisfaction.
Well, to be fair, I have bought several cars from ordinary dealers and commission or not, salespeople have never had any product knowledge and as for customer satisfaction? Really? Dealers? Never saw that ever. And I can flat out guarantee regular dealers would have ZERO knowledge of any part of a car being included or not. I mean come on!

Well, to be fair, I have bought several cars from ordinary dealers and commission or not, salespeople have never had any product knowledge and as for customer satisfaction? Really? Dealers? Never saw that ever. And I can flat out guarantee regular dealers would have ZERO knowledge of any part of a car being included or not. I mean come on!
Damn, I’m sorry to hear bro. You must’ve dealt with some pretty less than ideal dealers in the past. The dealers I’ve dealt with was exceptional when it came to product knowledge. And customer service was decent since they had something called CSI which is a survey tied into the aftersale weeks after purchase. If I felt that I wasn’t treated right, a negative review would hurt their income.

I ll check state farm out. Right now the cheapest I have seen for me is Progressive with a whopping 373$ / month
Call Nationwide. I ended up switching to them from State Farm (after 40+ years). Combined with homeowners saved us at least $300/yr. My wife and I don't drive much now and their SmartMiles policy is very inexpensive. Has similar monitoring to Tesla insurance (they provide device to plug into data port), but not as detailed I think. After 6 months of "careful" driving, they add a 10% permanent discount. Even if you drive with sudden braking/acceleration factors, etc. they will not remove the 10% discount. I think there standard rates are quite reasonable as well.

Reactions: show_stoppa

I'm in the same boat. I have purchased 3-4 new or pre-owned cars from the Branded dealer and most of the sales people had no clue to most of the cars features or even powertrain.

First expect a pull out and then push in and then pull out (I think this is by design because Elon has his kinks)

After this drama your EDD will reduce to a 12 day window — expect one or two more pull out/push back after that

And then finally on 1st day of your 3rd 12 day window will they give you a vin and 4 day window

And then push out that 4 day window back one last time before you are asked to leave the center with your car in tow.
The stock model I ordered on Friday. Edd is May 21-27 and got a Vin for it. Thr vehicle is apparently in transit from California to Chicago, eventually coming to Toronto. So looks like a 3 week window from thr time Vin is provided. This is given thr vehicle was already heading out from California when I booked it. I asked Tesla why they wouldn't give it to the next person in line vs putting it on stock, they didn't have an answer. I assume it's because they had space for 1 more car in the trailer that's going to head out from Chicago to Toronto.