Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. It’s not random in most cases (though others in this and neighboring states with exact same build did get theirs before me). I know it’s calculated. It costs Tesla more to deliver here, since I’m far from Fremont. I knew that going in, but it still sucks and made me feel better to vent to like minded folks on the forum. 😂

Anyway, right after venting and right after feeling OK waiting longer in hopes of features getting added back (ie matrix headlights), of course…I received my VIN this morning (242xxx). So moral of the story: when you start to realize you might be better off waiting longer (maybe, but who knows what else might be missing next)…that’s when you finally get your VIN.😝 New EDD 5/17-5/21.
Someone above posted already a separate thread about headlight discussions.

Don’t hate me, but the person who noticed the three model 3 with old headlights, one of them had a 242xxx VIN.

Now take a deep breath, and open up that bottle for a drink.

Someone above posted already a separate thread about headlight discussions.

Don’t hate me, but the person who noticed the three model 3 with old headlights, one of them had a 242xxx VIN.

Now take a deep breath, and open up that bottle for a drink.
No hating here for you sharing knowledge. I actually had not had coffee and got too excited when posting earlier. My VIN is actually 247XXX and not 242XXX. 🤞🤞🤞

I think we need a "my SA hates me" support group. I mentioned that I'm seeing folks who ordered around me receive their VINs and schedule deliveries. I asked if he could soft match me or provide any further detail on where I was on the queue. His response? He quoted my EDD. May 10-24. I know they're busy and probably sick and tired of people asking the same questions over and over.

I think we need a "my SA hates me" support group. I mentioned that I'm seeing folks who ordered around me receive their VINs and schedule deliveries. I asked if he could soft match me or provide any further detail on where I was on the queue. His response? He quoted my EDD. May 10-24. I know they're busy and probably sick and tired of people asking the same questions over and over.
Agreed. These poor SAs being bombarded by TMC waiting room members hahaha.

I don’t message my SA often, but somehow every time I ask something, within 2-3 days a change happens to my EDD.

Reactions: Not That M3
Model 3 AWD LR
White exterior, Black interior
Aero wheels
Order date: 4/6/2022
Estimated delivery date: August 8- October 13

And, like everyone else here, cannot wait to pick it up!
UPDATE: Upon checking my app, it appears that the est. delivery date has been moved up to June 10 - July 15. Is that common behavior? Should I count on taking delivery that early or is the original est. delivery date of August 8 - October 13 more likely? Thanks!

So just got off the phone with Tesla 888 number and he confirmed my car has arrived at my local delivery center and said it’s bring prepped for delivery. I asked when he said “prepped” does that mean the charge port ecu thing and he wouldn’t elaborate and kinda danced around the question saying he didn’t know if my specific vehicle was affected by it or not. He said my born on date was 4/19 and he confirmed all of the new features. When I asked about the matrix headlights he said those weren’t available on the 3/Y only the S/X…I told him bs and the 3 definitely has them. He then acted surprised and said oh my mistake, looks like your vehicle does have them. He had no clue what he was talking about so I’m doubtful they’re there. I may drive up today and take a look at it, they’re only 5 minutes up the street.

UPDATE: Upon checking my app, it appears that the est. delivery date has been moved up to June 10 - July 15. Is that common behavior? Should I count on taking delivery that early or is the original est. delivery date of August 8 - October 13 more likely? Thanks!
My opinion: I think many of us who have been here a while would tell you to never believe any EDD until you get the VIN (and even then it gets questionable sometimes). I've personally had EDDs ranging from March through July. My current EDD starts in about a week and I'm fully expecting it to push back again.

• Informative
Reactions: M3Kat and Junior86
We have the same OD. I bet you’ll get a VIN very soon. It wasn’t even in source code last night. I saw the VIN in app this morning—zero contact from SA. Maybe they start assigning VINs early Monday morning by location farthest from factory and move west throughout the week (just have to ignore the lucky outliers d/t cancelled deliveries). Just a guess, but you aren’t too far from me. Good luck!

55 days...no change in EDD since ordering

I really wonder why some fluctuate so much, yet others are steady. It would be interesting to know which is more accurate and hopefully we can help others in the future with our hair pulling to figure this all out
On Wednesday I will be at 70 days with ZERO updates. Only 10 days from start of EDD too. Getting antsy.

I see so many people who have gotten 2 week windows, just to have them pushed out to another 2 week window multiple times. I'm curious to see how many people got their first 2 week window, didn't get pushed, and actually took delivery within that window. Anybody?