Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sitting with an OD of 2/15 and a month long EDD a little after yours. Frustrating to see no positive bounce back. The matrix lights hurt, increasing interest rates hurt, this process hurts. You all are amazing. I’m about ready to tap with this becoming a worst investment daily.
Far from being the worst investment ever, the car is worth several thousand dollars more than your purchase price. Worst case scenario, flip it on Carvana and make $5k. The wait stinks but definitely looking forward to M3LR.

Far from being the worst investment ever, the car is worth several thousand dollars more than your purchase price. Worst case scenario, flip it on Carvana and make $5k. The wait stinks but definitely looking forward to M3LR.
I did not say worst investment ever, just that the value is worst today than it was 30 days ago. To your point it’s still flipable or rentable but not as good a value. That’s disappointing. 76 days and counting is a bummer. The take it or leave it attitude is not how I typically buy things.

I’m sitting with an OD of 2/15 and a month long EDD a little after yours. Frustrating to see no positive bounce back. The matrix lights hurt, increasing interest rates hurt, this process hurts. You all are amazing. I’m about ready to tap with this becoming a worst investment daily.
Whenever I feel stressed about something in my life, I just consider that at least I'm not in Ukraine getting shot at or shelled.

For something like the frustration of waiting for a Tesla in this environment, the analog is that at least you're not buying another ICE vehicle.

Perspective. Hang in there. It'll be worth it.

So I called Tesla as well... (ofcourse there was a 80 min wait time and I selected the call back feature for which I got a call back in like 20 mins actually)

Me : I got a VIN and the 4 day window, has my car reached the delivery center (Mt.Kisco, NY)?
Tesla guy: No, it is still on-route
Me : ok, I am hearing/seeing pics of Cars not having charge ports, how about on my car?
Tesla guy: No, you should not have that issue. (Really?? since it is recently born and being transported now, the charge port is all set?? Hard to beleive anyway)
Me : Also now very recenlty hearing/seeing pics of Cars not having latest Matrix headlights, how about on my car?
Tesla guy: I dont know what you are talking about. We dont have any official info reg the headlights. It could be rumors. (LOL... Rumors???)
Me : So when can I schedule the delivery as that option is not avial in the App or Web?
Tesla guy: I can actually schedule you for a date if you want but someone from delivery center will confirm and please be advised it could change too.
Me : Ok, so I have 5/15 - 5/19 window, in that case I can go with 5/15 (sunday).
Tesla guy: Oh, it looks like the car might be avail on 14th itself, do you want to take it on 14th?
Me : Wat? SURE why not...
Tesla guy: ok, I have slots from 11:AM to 5:00 PM
Me : I pick a slot in afternoon and at once it is reflected on my APP

After some time, I got the email too from Mt.Kisco, NY center about the pre delivery online meeting and I have scheduled it for this week.

@show_stoppa Bro, FYI on scheduling the delivery. Again it seems like it could change but at least we could have a starting point. I am also planning to confirm on my Insurance just a day or 2 before confirmed delivery date as I spoke with my insurance agent and she assured it should take about 2 mins to confirm and make payment to get the proof of insurance, cards, email etc.

Last edited:
Have not posted enough to get signature privileges.
M3LR, white, black, aero, no FSD, Mt Kisco NY
OD 3/9, EDD 6/2 to 6/30
I will be on vacation 5/21 to 6/4, so I texted my SA to ask to arrange delivery before or after theses dates. Got a call back from Mt Kisco and the guy said I should put a "hold" on my order so I would not be scheduled for delivery during my vacation. He said I am allowed to hold the order up until June 7th which is 90 days from my OD. He said that was better than declining a VIN because I was unavailable for delivery. I see on the forum that there is a varying amount of time between VIN assignment and the delivery window, sometimes with a two-week gap between VIN and delivery. I'm wondering how to play this "hold" option in terms of timing beginning and end of the hold. I'm thinking I need to start the hold two weeks before my vacation to avoid getting a VIN that must be delivered during my time away. Anyone have experience putting a hold on delivery before getting a VIN. How did it go?
I have the same EDD and am out of town in about 3 weeks so a bit more of a gap than you, but not by much. I've been giving some thoughts on this myself particularly if my EDD window were to shift up slightly. This is just my personal opinion, but I'm not sure I'd do anything especially if you want the car this quarter.

Especially with a 28 day window, assuming it is at all accurate, the odds of you being out of town for all 3 days of a delivery window are fairly slim. If you get a two week window that was earlier the equation in my mind might change. If you put a hold on it and lift it when you get back, even if you hold your spot in line, I wouldn't be surprised to see you pushed back to August or September. If that isn't an issue, go ahead and place the hold.

Reactions: tm3lrawd
Hello everyone

M3LR Gray/Black 19" No FSD
OD 4/22
EDD 7/31 - 9/11
Denver Metro area
Finished profile up to where it let me financing approved but may look for better.
Thanks for all the info I have been stalking got the wall charger for 400 smackers so brother can install ahead of time.
Been in a rental since 1/5 due to my ICE Mazda in the shop after accident (Supply Chain holdup) no ETA. I regret not ordering in February when I started to look. Even if It gets repaired I am still going through with the M3 and selling the CX-5.

So I called Tesla as well... (ofcourse there was a 80 min wait time and I selected the call back feature for which I got a call back in like 20 mins actually)

Me : I got a VIN and the 4 day window, has my car reached the delivery center (Mt.Kisco, NY)?
Me : ok, I am hearing/seeing pics of Cars not having charge ports, how about on my car?
Tesla guy: No, you should not have that issue. (Really?? since it is recently born and being transported now, the charge port is all set?? Hard to beleive anyway)
Me : Also now very recenlty hearing/seeing pics of Cars not having latest Matrix headlights, how about on my car?
Tesla guy: I dont know what you are talking about. We dont have any official info reg the headlights. It could be rumors. (LOL... Rumors???)
Me : So when can I schedule the delivery as that option is not avial in the App or Web?
Tesla guy: I can actually schedule you for a date if you want but someone from delivery center will confirm and please be advised it could change too.
Me : Ok, so I have 5/15 - 5/19 window, in that case I can go with 5/15 (sunday).
Tesla guy: Oh, it looks like the car might be avail on 14th itself, do you want to take it on 14th?

After some time, I got the email too from Mt.Kisco, NY center about the pre delivery online meeting and I have scheduled it for this week.

@show_stoppa Bro, FYI on scheduling the delivery. Again it seems like it could change but at least we could have a starting point. I am also planning to confirm on my Insurance just a day or 2 before confirmed delivery date as I spoke with my insurance agent and she assured it should take about 2 mins to confirm and make payment to get the proof of insurance, cards, email etc.
What's your VIN?

You need all weather mats.

If you want discount on 3dmaxpider (the best out there), the interior set is currently available for $179 + tax at rpm tesla. Make sure you select the correct year i.e 2022 at the bottom.

If you want an alternative, get the Taptes from Amazon. Close to the quality of 3dmaxpider. You can get at Amazon for $139 +tax after you apply the $40 off coupon on the page.

Hi. Sorry, but why do I need all weather mats (on my yet-to-be-delivered M3LR)? Thanks!

Hi. Sorry, but why do I need all weather mats (on my yet-to-be-delivered M3LR)? Thanks!
The mats that come with your imaginary car are thin carpet mat. It is hard to clean them and keep them dry if you live in an area where there is some rain. So typically you would want a good set of imaginary all weather mats which are easy to clean, do not get wet and hold water and dirt, and look nice.

awesome thanks for the info mate. So I am assuming mine is on route with you too.
Let me call them first thing in the morning and see if I can schedule a delivery date. I will be buying new insurance so not sure how long it takes to get that. I assume new insurance only takes like 15 mins too?
Good to hear about the online meeting mate. I guess, I will catch you in the online meeting tomorrow.

P.S: Just make sure you dont drive off with my car as I have the exact same VIN prefix too, in addition to all the other specs. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Skay and Junior86
Was it ever confirmed that adding 19" wheels got the car any faster? I tried changing to them for a few days but it didn't change the EDD at all. I am now going back in my head to possibly wanting the 19's if I can get the car faster :) I asked the SA but they didn't know.

Been lurking here for about 2 weeks figured I'll make an account
M3LR Black on Black 18'' wheels no fsd

OD 4/23
EDD 1 Aug 17-Oct 13
EDD 2 (4/29) July 31-Sept 11
Delivery to NY

Put down about 67% and will finance the rest. Going thru tesla finance. 2.99 Apr. Not terribly worried about the financing just didn't want put any further hit on my savings.

Looked at quotes likely go with state farm as they seem to be much much cheaper then any other at the moment

Driving a 22 year old Toyota solara. She's been great all these years but it's time for a upgrade. Will miss the convertible though :/

Plan on supercharging for 90+% of my needs

*also kicking around the idea of changing to a P instead of a LR.

someone talk me out of it :)
Was thinking the same thing but my SA actually talked me out of it. Explained that you will need winter wheels if you live in a cold area which can set you back 1-2k. Also sold me on just getting the acceleration boost if you need speed. I also test drove both and LR is smoother. But hey to each there own either way you'll have a great time

Was thinking the same thing but my SA actually talked me out of it. Explained that you will need winter wheels if you live in a cold area which can set you back 1-2k. Also sold me on just getting the acceleration boost if you need speed. I also test drove both and LR is smoother. But hey to each there own either way you'll have a great time
Def get the lake effect snow off of Lake Michigan here in NW Indiana. Didn’t think about needing winter tires…. Hmmm

The only reason I’m kicking around going to the P is it looks like those are coming in faster and they have the matrix headlights.

Reactions: jpaychek
Def get the lake effect snow off of Lake Michigan here in NW Indiana. Didn’t think about needing winter tires…. Hmmm

The only reason I’m kicking around going to the P is it looks like those are coming in faster and they have the matrix headlights.
There are reports of M3P’s not having matrix lights. Please verify this before making the jump.