Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can never be certain. As someone who is pretty adept with credit knowledge myself, if you have a near perfect score, another inquiry isn’t going to affect you as far as rates go. You have another inquiry but that’s relatively not a big deal as it will fall off in 24 months. If you were on the margins of two different credit tiers, then it might be a different story. This is working under the assumption here you have well above 740 if you said you have a near perfect score. Go for it.

Thanks for the response. Yes, we’re both above 800. I’ll give it a few more hours to make sure there aren’t any other EDD changes (doubtful).

It’s so frustrating that my EDD is December 9 - February 3 when I ordered on the same day, except my car is blue with a

I’m ordering to the Nashville, TN area. Haven’t done the loan application yet because I figured there was no point until further into the process when the value of my trade-in is final.
But you did then at least say you'll pay cash right? My understanding is you sit at the back of the line until you confirm payment

Yeah I don't disagree with the model of continuous improvements. I think it's awesome that you place an order and sometimes you get a little bonus like heated wipers and whatnot. It's not really FOMO either, I'm glad that the M3 keeps improving, it's them giving you old headlights when you were expecting matrix headlights without telling you. In the end it's not a huge issue imo, but like I'll remember it when I shop for a car again in the next few years or so. At least let your customers know when you make changes, why burn this goodwill for so little.
The funny thing is I had no idea about the headlights. I think that we here in this forum are a minority of Tesla owners(Future owners) and we see a lot of the behind-the-scenes type stuff. Most people probably have no idea what is on the car and as such would not complain. For me personally, as long as the headlights light the way in front of me, I’m good.

Does anybody think it’s safe for me to apply for financing now? I’m worried rates are going up this week. DCU said if I dont know which car I’m getting they can hold for 45 days so I’d have to tell a white lie. Near perfect credit score if it matters and I think I’ll have the car by the end of the month.
I would wait. When I received my VIN I applied to DCU that morning and had check in tesla's hands the next day. They are really great to work with.

Thanks for the response. Yes, we’re both above 800. I’ll give it a few more hours to make sure there aren’t any other EDD changes (doubtful).

You're in the green and good to go. For scoring purposes hard inquiries related to mortgage, auto loan and student loan applications are entirely ignored for 30 days from the date of the inquiry. However, you will see more inquiries on your credit file if you have to re-pull again within 30 days. That being said, it would most likely be inconsequential from a credit scoring perspective for you since your score is high enough that an inquiry hit wouldn't put you in a lower tier of credit.

tl;dr credit high enough, additional inquiry later won't affect your rate.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Just got this from my SA
Charge Issue.png

Starting to lose it. Expired trade-in value still hasn't been refreshed (only took them 3 hours last time, but 4 days this time...so far). 2 week EDD window opens in 4 days, though at this rate I expect them to push me out because my trade-in isn't resolved. The only consistency is inconsistency.

I have always told customers, if it is urgent, you should call. Don't rely on emails\text.

Just got this from my SAView attachment 800071
You’d take an EV home with you that you cannot charge???? What am I missing here? My car is at the sales center waiting on the charging port nut I cannot see a scenario where I would want to take it home knowing I had to return it to the service bay with who-knows-how-much battery left?

You’d take an EV home with you that you cannot charge???? What am I missing here? My car is at the sales center waiting on the charging port nut I cannot see a scenario where I would want to take it home knowing I had to return it to the service bay with who-knows-how-much battery left?

Not to mention how much of a service nightmare it would be to coordinate random people coming in for a service to fix this. They are doing the right thing here.

Not sure why you would take the car anyway without a charge port that's just asking for a headache down the line
We already denied our first VIN and had to wait another month for this one. We have antother vehicle to drive so we'd rather have it in our possesion then get in line again, risk longer waits for reasons just like this charge port issue and, a 3rd credit pull for financing.

I would wait. When I received my VIN I applied to DCU that morning and had check in tesla's hands the next day. They are really great to work with.
I get that but the reason for applying early is to avoid a rise in interest rates.

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
I get that but the reason for applying early is to avoid a rise in interest rates.
Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat... I think I'll just apply today and hope that my window doesn't change. Texted my SA this morning to see if they had any insight on when I might receive a VIN but they didn't get back to me yet.

Reactions: phishphan
You wouldn't be in line because you'd already have the VIN. I might be wrong but since you'd have the final agreement wouldn't the loan offer be locked in?
We already denied our first VIN and had to wait another month for this one. We have antother vehicle to drive so we'd rather have it in our possesion then get in line again, risk longer waits for reasons just like this charge port issue and, a 3rd credit pull for financing.

Anyone have updated info on charge ports? Specifically curious to know about people with an assigned VIN, car waiting at delivery center for charge port to be installed... have your SA's been able to update you on how long the wait will be?

I saw one reply earlier that they expected the part to arrive on the 10th in (I think) Illinois. My pickup is in Indy and don't have anything concrete about when the part will arrive yet. This is cruel, 😆 🤣 😂

Reactions: TSLone and Junior86