Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Wednesday I will be at 70 days with ZERO updates. Only 10 days from start of EDD too. Getting antsy.
Are all your tasks completed in your app? Looks like you ordered around the same time as me and Im on day 72 and I'm on the 5th EDD with the latest EDD as 5/14-6/11.
On Wednesday I will be at 70 days with ZERO updates. Only 10 days from start of EDD too. Getting antsy.

As a SW engineer I think the EDD is just a system that lives on top of the other system. It knows the order date and can make predictions when it's likely the car is going to get built / assigned. But there are a lot of variables that play into the reality of it, that the system doesn't know about.
Like pulling cars onto a delivery truck to maximize load to a certain destination, cancellations and supply chain issues.
That would very well work with the SA statement that the original date is the most accurate. There are a few freak cases where folks get their cars ahead of time, but might just be "there's now a red LR sitting here that could fit onto the truck that goes to XYZ so let's load it up and assign".

As a QA engineer I wonder what was the business requirement and acceptance criteria for the EDD feature, and how anyone in their right mind signed off on it?

Maybe that’s the problem. A SW Engineer seeks for correctness in his code, a QA Engineer looks for errors. While a Data Scientist has to be much more comfortable with uncertainty and variability. Your EDD is much more uncertain due to variability.

Think like a Data Scientist. 🤣

As an analytics engineer -- as the maximum deliveries are ultimately happening as shown at the first sign up day - the topline metric going to the CXO dash for "Delivery Estimate Accuracy" is probably always green, and hence there is no active push to fix this system.

Graduating from this thread! Scheduled delivery at Fremont. Just an FYI to those of you who like a clean swirl-free car: Completed cars sit outside in the parking lot, leading to dust buildup. Detailers will clean those cars with just one towel and all purpose cleaner. You can imagine how your paint will be.

Car came with mobile charger + J1772 Adapter, AMD chip, heated washer nozzles, updated battery and the new matrix headlights.

Inspection notes
: Trunk seems a little misaligned and there was curb rash on the rear left wheel cap. Used the TESBROS checklist for inspection.

Hope you all receive your cars ASAP! 🤙🏽
060BC3BF-7D60-43D9-A67F-F66155B9499F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2581883B-B96A-4C1C-8D06-7E17087AF418.jpeg
    2581883B-B96A-4C1C-8D06-7E17087AF418.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 53
Graduating from this thread! Scheduled delivery at Fremont. Just an FYI to those of you who like a clean swirl-free car: Completed cars sit outside in the parking lot, leading to dust buildup. Detailers will clean those cars with just one towel and all purpose cleaner. You can imagine how your paint will be.

Car came with mobile charger + J1772 Adapter, AMD chip, heated washer nozzles, updated battery and the new matrix headlights.

Inspection notes
: Trunk seems a little misaligned and there was curb rash on the rear left wheel cap. Used the TESBROS checklist for inspection.

Hope you all receive your cars ASAP! 🤙🏽 View attachment 800293
What is your VIN range?

Making the jump to EV finally!
M3LR ,White on White, 18" Wheels, No FSD
OD 4/29
EDD Sept 3-Oct 29
Delivery to Vancouver

Also placed order for a blue M3LR in Vancouver BC on Apr 21 for EDD of Aug 11 to Sep 11.

On May 01 the EDD was moved up to Jul 21 to Sep 01.

Hopefully the trend continues with the EDD moving up!!

Anyone picking up from fremont factory can you tell me the process. Like did you have to go inside or check in or just got there and did everything yourself. Im asking cause Im also picking it up and Im not going to be in the country during the EDD of this next two weeks. Can I do a power of attorney on my dad or siblings? What should I do?

nice to see more VanCity folks!!!
Yes sir. I don't have any numbers to back me up but I do think EV (particularly Tesla) ownership per capita in the Metro Van area are among the highest in Canada. Favorable weather conditions, high fuel prices and people here on the West coast are generally more environmentally conscience are factors.

Back on topic. Since my EDD was moved up I decided to call the SA to ask how accurate the EDD window is and he said it's fairly accurate. He also explained to me that Shanghai is opening up so parts production should be ramped up therefore my EDD will be ahead of schedule.

Yes sir. I don't have any numbers to back me up but I do think EV (particularly Tesla) ownership per capita in the Metro Van area are among the highest in Canada. Favorable weather conditions, high fuel prices and people here on the West coast are generally more environmentally conscience are factors.

Back on topic. Since my EDD was moved up I decided to call the SA to ask how accurate the EDD window is and he said it's fairly accurate. He also explained to me that Shanghai is opening up so parts production should be ramped up therefore my EDD will be ahead of schedule.
When I was placing the order, the EDD was shown as July-Sept and the SA commented it will probably arrive sooner than this. I had no idea about the parts delays or changing EDD's at the time. Heck I didn't even look at the headlights of the M3 I took for a test drive. I did see two M3's with projector headlights on the street the other day and the blacked out projector lights didn't look all that bad to my eye. Don't know if those were older model 3's or new.