Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one of local Tesla shop near the Fremont factory where located in Sunnyvale.
Fully stocked up their inventory, I can guess waiting for ā€œchargingā€ supply for tesla feeders. Iā€™ve checked other local shops too and it was same situation.
BD62CE44-5F9C-4FE7-8105-7C7533CDB165.jpeg

Last edited:
Iā€™m currently a couple weeks of probably delivery without VIN but was stressing about ā€œoldā€ headlights vs matrix. Was talking to a guy at Tesla here in Edmonton today and he was telling me that the old headlights got a ā€œgoodā€ rating on IIHS website which is an independent company. My wifeā€™s X5 has unreal headlights and they are only rated at ā€œacceptableā€ so I have to assume the old headlights are just fine and not a reason to refuse delivery. I know I wonā€™t with gas around this country reaching close to $2 per liter and thatā€™s for regular. A car with the pedigree of the model 3 would require premium and you can tack on an extra 25-30 cents per liter. I want my car as soon as they let me know itā€™s ready!!

Reactions: jpaychek
Iā€™m currently a couple weeks of probably delivery without VIN but was stressing about ā€œoldā€ headlights vs matrix. Was talking to a guy at Tesla here in Edmonton today and he was telling me that the old headlights got a ā€œgoodā€ rating on IIHS website which is an independent company. My wifeā€™s X5 has unreal headlights and they are only rated at ā€œacceptableā€ so I have to assume the old headlights are just fine and not a reason to refuse delivery. I know I wonā€™t with gas around this country reaching close to $2 per liter and thatā€™s for regular. A car with the pedigree of the model 3 would require premium and you can tack on an extra 25-30 cents per liter. I want my car as soon as they let me know itā€™s ready!!
Iā€™m in a similar situation, anticipating taking delivery in two-three weeks. But I will downright reject the M3 if it doesnā€™t have Matrix headlights. Why accept a vehicle thatā€™s relegated with use spent inventory resultant from supply chain issues? Reflective < Matrix.

ā€œEast bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
A-we gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" runā€¦ā€
Got to stop at the Choke and Puke for some go-go juice and to throw some groceries down my neck!

Waitā€¦I guess I donā€™t need the go-go juice anymore!

Just wondering if anyone had or will be driving 200+ miles on the car they are going to trade in to the pick up location. Is the extra added mileage did/will affect the trade in value? Did someone had their value adjusted on pick up day and how it can be handled with financing already in place (certified check in hand or wire completed}?
Iā€™ve put 15k miles on my trade since January when they first gave me an offer. They revised it with current mileage & photos this week, the trade remained the same. So I bet youā€™ll be good

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Iā€™m in a similar situation, anticipating taking delivery in two-three weeks. But I will downright reject the M3 if it doesnā€™t have Matrix headlights. Why accept a vehicle thatā€™s relegated with use spent inventory resultant from supply chain issues? Reflective < Matrix.
I wonder if with China opening up and manufacturing returning to normal, maybe the return to matrix is already happening? There was only one M3 in the Edmonton lot with old style headlights of the 5 or 6 there today.
Iā€™m a big headlight nerd so having the latest with future functionality would be a big bonus for me but another 2-8 weeks wait might kill me.

And just like that! I'm done!!!

Seamless pickup today. Wandered the lot before my appointment checking each VIN looking for mine. Tons of cars on the lot waiting to be delivered today - and ~50% of the ones I looked at before I found mine had the old lights. Luckily for me, mine has the matrix lights. For those keeping track - my VIN range is 244xxx.

Paint and glass were perfect. Panel gaps weren't 100% but overall generally happy with the quality. For some reason the door handles on the rear doors weren't fully flush, but that was symmetrical on both sides and the same for every single car I checked today - so I decided to just leave it be. I may mention it to mobile service when I get my Homelink installed though.
Congratulations! Which location did you take delivery at?

And just like that! I'm done!!!

Seamless pickup today. Wandered the lot before my appointment checking each VIN looking for mine. Tons of cars on the lot waiting to be delivered today - and ~50% of the ones I looked at before I found mine had the old lights. Luckily for me, mine has the matrix lights. For those keeping track - my VIN range is 244xxx.

Paint and glass were perfect. Panel gaps weren't 100% but overall generally happy with the quality. For some reason the door handles on the rear doors weren't fully flush, but that was symmetrical on both sides and the same for every single car I checked today - so I decided to just leave it be. I may mention it to mobile service when I get my Homelink installed though.
congrats!

Are they giving enough time for going through a checklist to inspect the car?

Reactions: yvr_bbq