Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I need help deciding if I switch to a performance from a LR. My current lease on my car is up in July and they will not extend the lease. I can not be without a car. When I originally ordered, the dates were 6/9-7/21. They have since changed to 7/9-8/20 & have not changed back. I spoke with the center and the guy was a little confused as to why it said July, he said it should be June and it's just the computer, but I can't depend on that. Since Performance gets delivered quickly, I am thinking of changing. Now I don't car about the car going faster, I am a little worried about 20" wheels since I live in NJ and also due to the colder weather and range. But keep in mind, I don't travel far or drive a lot either. I got 19" because I like how the white car looks with those wheels, no other reason. I know all of you have been waiting so much longer and I haven't been waiting very long, but I am stressed because I can't be without a car. I also have a vacation week during that new timeframe 🙃

For those of you waiting on the chargeport, you could be in worse shape. This is a picture from the roof at my work. Ford leases 15 or so acres from us to park fully built trucks that are waiting on chips before they can be delivered. They're at capacity and these have been on the lot at our old shipyard for weeks. Occasionally they come cram a few more in. It's sad seeing these premium trucks waiting to be united with their owners.

Attachments

• 20220507_202915.jpg
    20220507_202915.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 82
OK, I need help deciding if I switch to a performance from a LR. My current lease on my car is up in July and they will not extend the lease. I can not be without a car. When I originally ordered, the dates were 6/9-7/21. They have since changed to 7/9-8/20 & have not changed back. I spoke with the center and the guy was a little confused as to why it said July, he said it should be June and it's just the computer, but I can't depend on that. Since Performance gets delivered quickly, I am thinking of changing. Now I don't car about the car going faster, I am a little worried about 20" wheels since I live in NJ and also due to the colder weather and range. But keep in mind, I don't travel far or drive a lot either. I got 19" because I like how the white car looks with those wheels, no other reason. I know all of you have been waiting so much longer and I haven't been waiting very long, but I am stressed because I can't be without a car. I also have a vacation week during that new timeframe 🙃
When in July is the lease ending? I think it's going to be really close regardless of which model you choose. If you're that flexible on the car I would try to let your SA and local center know that you'll take either and are open to a lot of different options. There will be cars that others cancel or refuse to accept and it's all about timing and getting help from Tesla.

When in July is the lease ending? I think it's going to be really close regardless of which model you choose. If you're that flexible on the car I would try to let your SA and local center know that you'll take either and are open to a lot of different options. There will be cars that others cancel or refuse to accept and it's all about timing and getting help from Tesla.
I am hoping once the charging port issue resolved, (I think someone said this week) then cars will start moving quicker. I did let him know, but he said it doesn't really work that way, unless it's my exact build. If not, it would go to the next person with that build. I told him I would take another color and even the aero wheels. 2 different people said they couldn't do that. He looks in the system and was confused as to why it says July, but of course there is nothing he can do. He tried to make me feel better and said it doesn't mean anything and it's just the system at that time and not to stress because it will change.

I've always been confused about why people rarely talk about the voice commands when it comes to operating these cars.
Yes, I've never understood why that feature isn't one of the "front and center" things people talk about. I use them for lots of stuff, and I'd use them for more if the commands were there. But I'd definitely improve the means of issuing a command; that push-scroll-wheel thing is a bit unwieldy for me.
I've heard people say they expected more when they first climbed inside a Telsa.
Yeah, people are expecting opulence, something that shows off the fact that they spent that much on a car. Quite the reverse, the whole experience of a Model 3 is very understated, and it's a huge draw for someone like me. Performance without the noise. Features without the glitz. I loved my 2000 Toyota Tacoma because it was a small, simple truck. The current versions are big, cluttered messes, lacking in any class at all.
OK, I need help deciding if I switch to a performance from a LR.
You could buy a used Tesla. Or an interim used ICE car to tide you over between lease and your Tesla order completing. Sell the interim car when you get the Tesla. Initial EDDs seem to be pretty accurate. You might see your vehicle before July despite the latest EDD.

Regardless, stay with the 19" wheels.

Yes, I've never understood why that feature isn't one of the "front and center" things people talk about. I use them for lots of stuff, and I'd use them for more if the commands were there. But I'd definitely improve the means of issuing a command; that push-scroll-wheel thing is a bit unwieldy for me.

Yeah, people are expecting opulence, something that shows off the fact that they spent that much on a car. Quite the reverse, the whole experience of a Model 3 is very understated, and it's a huge draw for someone like me. Performance without the noise. Features without the glitz. I loved my 2000 Toyota Tacoma because it was a small, simple truck. The current versions are big, cluttered messes, lacking in any class at all.

You could buy a used Tesla. Or an interim used ICE car to tide you over between lease and your Tesla order completing. Sell the interim car when you get the Tesla. Initial EDDs seem to be pretty accurate. You might see your vehicle before July despite the latest EDD.

Regardless, stay with the 19" wheels.
Thanks! You're right. I'll take the chance, keep the current build and hope it changes over the next 2 weeks. I don't want to go through buying another car.

There is a missing part on the vehicles that prevents delivery. It is described as a missing "charge port", but others have described it as a missing Electronic Control Unit (a circuit board) in the rear of the car, probably responsible for controlling the car's AC charger and possibly other stuff as well. (If the actual charge port was missing, they obviously couldn't be physically plugged in) Cars were seen in delivery lots with tape over the charge port, presumably to remind people not to attempt to plug them in until they had the missing part installed.

There are a whole mess of cars piling up at delivery locations, and folks here are reporting having VINs and 4-day windows on their estimated delivery dates, but very few people are actually able to schedule delivery. So either the missing part is just not available yet, or they're reaching the field locations and are being slowly installed. In general, this seems to be a pretty big traffic jam in the system, but it'll get cleared.

Everyone should realize that operating under these supply-constrained conditions is very unusual, and Tesla is undoubtedly working hard to come up with procedures and policies that deals with this sort of stuff as it comes up. I'm sure they'd rather be spending their time refining the production process than dealing with supply problems.

Regardless of when it started, the cars are in the lots, but we're not hearing of very many people taking delivery. It seems that ECUs are either trickling into delivery sites or they're taking time to install. I chafe at the idea that they're "fixing" the cars. They're not "broken" so much as incomplete.

Some assembly required.
Wow, nice summation!

Got my vin today. 248. Received it via text. The person who text was very friendly and answered a few follow up questions straight forward. Updated delivery to 5/13 to 5/17. Making payment was slick and linked my account right up. Not sure if matrix lights or not.
I have 248xxx vin as well. A page prior someone showed a 248 vin with matrix. Fingers crossed!

Buena Park! I’ve asked yesterday if my car was there and they said it’s still in route. Was the car detailed?
There are several in the back that still needed to be inspected and cleaned, one in the showroom I couldn’t access because it was 730 pm (blue). Two black and one red P model .. they rest were LR either white or silver that was on the lot.. hope you get it soon.. the BP dealer was smaller than I thought but it will easy in and out there .. I’m picking mine up there also .. hope you get it this week

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Hi everyone.

This is my first post. I have been reading and learning a lot from these forums. It is a great place to learn.

I just received my 2 week window of 5/25 to 6/8. No vin assigned yet. I am really hoping it will have the Matrx headlights.

I have a basement full of accessories ready for when it arrives.

M3LR White / Black, 18:Aero, no FSD
OD 3/6.
EDD#1 3/7 5/19 to 6/16
EDD#2 5/8 5/25 to 6/8
I’m 2 days after you with the OD, hoping I’ll have an update shortly