Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation Day!

Picked up at 1pm in COS today. VIN 244xxx, no matrix (but I didn't even know about them when I ordered). For all the grief I had after my initial trade-in quote expired, pickup was extremely smooth. 85 days from order to pickup.
Congrats @MrMonkeyMonk!

I'm picking the exact built you have it seems on Sat from COS.

My vin is 227XXX so not sure if I will have the Ryzen chip or the Matrix headlights. Not sure how to know that.

Excited to finally get it!

A lot of late Feb getting theirs already. I’m praying for a Q2 delivery now too as my two week window opens tomorrow and I’ve heard nothing for the west side AZ.
I’m still waiting for mine. Tomorrow is day 2 of my latest 2-week window and I’m wondering if I’ll have my EDD pushed out again or magically get a VIN assigned.

Two tidbits....

First, saw a car carrier this evening full of (mostly) M3s making their way West around the north end of the DC beltway this evening, possibly headed to Tyson's Corner, so good luck those of you picking up there!

Second, for everyone in this (apparent) wave of VIN's and deliveries, please do post updates here post-delivery about headlights and mobile charging kits (and update the spreadsheet)!

A lot of late Feb getting theirs already. I’m praying for a Q2 delivery now too as my two week window opens tomorrow and I’ve heard nothing for the west side AZ.
The only people I've seen get VINs from AZ I believe are taking delivery in Scottsdale. That lot is packed as seen in pictures uploaded here. I don't know how it is at Mesa or other service centers.

Yup. Crickets on my end, and I'm already done with the 1st day of my EDD. I have a feeling something is going to happen tomorrow. Either a VIN (unlikely) or a two week window somewhere around May 20.

Anyone else initially confirmed for a Service Center pickup and then ended up suddenly getting switched to home delivery instead? I wonder if the delivery volume is too high at the Tesla sites.
Yes, I too am in the same boat. Plan to talk to them tomorrow to see if I can still go and pick it up from the service centre. I have read on this forum that home deliveries are known for being notoriously delayed at the last moment

Last edited:
OD 4/29/22 M3LR l MSM l BLK l 19 l NO FSD
Just got a call from Tesla saying someone can't take delivery and it's mine if wanted. In route from CA to MI. Complete luck. I'm not trying to rub it in but more to spotlight you could get lucky with a cancellation.
Lucky guy. I ordered mine 2/12 and just scheduled pick up for May 20th in Grand Rapids, MI. Bet they are on the same truck!

Picking up in Santa Barbara.

Ordered White on White March 2
Original window: Jun 6 - July 04
March 3: switched to Blue on White
March 3rd or 4th: EDD changed to May 9 - June 6
May 10: EDD changed to may 15 - May 29
May 11: Switched to MSM / White
May 11: VIN assigned (253xxx), delivery estimate May 11-may 17
I just saw a truck of Teslas (a few blue ones) heading up the 101 in Arroyo Grande. Maybe yours!

Picked up my car this afternoon. A few signatures and we went to the car. Gaps are fine, the headliner was not properly in the seal, but the SA was able to fix that right away. Also has Matrix headlights and everything seems to be OK.
Well, except for the third brake light. It still had the blue foil on and three employees tried to remove it so I can drive. It resulted in a piece of cover left on it and tons of smudges on my rear window. They said I'll have to make a service appointment, it needs to be replaced, potentially even the entire window. But it doesn't bother me right now. Drives great, no rattles as far as I can tell.