Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car feels complete now... windows tinted 5% with xpel/prime ceramic. 35% front windshield. Also installed some Puddle lights that project the Tesla logo and "Tesla" under all 4 doors when they're opened. Those boogers are a PITA to get out of the door!

Before and after tint

Attachments

• 20220512_201457.jpg
    20220512_201457.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220512_081905.jpg
    20220512_081905.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 73
I thought newer vehicles didn’t have the charge port issues. Guess I haven’t been paying too much attention bc I figured I’d still have another few weeks before delivery. Thanks!
Given the current delivery situation, you might be delayed even without a charge port issue. Regardless, they haven't offered you a delivery date yet. What was your VIN range?

Reactions: phishphan
I didnt want to mistake the lights when i go and pickup my car so i found this image on youtube and took a screenshot to make sure i knew the difference. They look similar, but your's are definitly the reflector ones. If I was you, id pass on that car and wait for a matrix one. I bet thats what happened with the car your getting now unless its just taking that long for cars to arrive to canada.

View attachment 803474
Yeh, I think the impatience got to me. I initially ordered a model Y 7 seater, which I actually need. When I get it, likely end of the year, I will either trade this one in or sell it. I know it isn't the smartest move, but hope I can break even or close to.

Reactions: jpaychek
Graduated today as well!

2382xx built on apr 21 and had matrix lights and mobile connector.

Car was good shape, found one small paint chip, and the white trim piece across the dash was not installed right, but that’s an easy fix. Makes the vent not blow air properly.

Attachments

• 223CD885-3722-4EA6-8BCE-EA6DAE10ABCA.jpeg
    223CD885-3722-4EA6-8BCE-EA6DAE10ABCA.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 63
  • 49C296E9-B967-4405-AE4E-C0DDB46BA6E3.jpeg
    49C296E9-B967-4405-AE4E-C0DDB46BA6E3.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 75
Another grad today, 100 days after order date. No issues I could find with the car. Premium headlights (not matrix) for VIN 2434XX. Happy to take one for the team on that front, been driving our Y with those for 16 months and they work great. Mobile charger was included, 12V is lithium. Was mildly surprised the tires are Hankook instead of Michelin but my concerns vanished on the ride home. The ride and road noise levels are good, certainly a step up from the LRMY. Throttle is a bit more responsive too even before the now purchased AB.

3B5D39DA-C5C8-4631-BB4D-698B70A2F5B4.jpeg
C8860EF2-F10A-4968-9122-63BDA748B9B9.jpeg

Last edited:
248XXX. Did make the cut off for matrix headlights?
I saw 238xxx, 239xxx, 241xxx, 242xxx, 243xxx, 244xxx and 246xxx without, then 247xxx and 248xxx with, so you should be good to go.

User 095179005 said that 237xxx was the start of the use of old headlamps, so it looks like they resumed matrix at 247xxx for a total of 10,000 cars with the old lamps. That certainly sounds like a logistics-sized number - a lot of 10,000 old headlamps being used.

Last edited:
I saw 238xxx, 239xxx, 241xxx, 242xxx, 243xxx, 244xxx and 246xxx without, then 247xxx and 248xxx with, so you should be good to go.

User 095179005 said that 237xxx was the start of the use of old headlamps, so it looks like they resumed matrix at 247xxx for a total of 10,000 cars with the old lamps. That certainly sounds like a logistics-sized number - a lot of 10,000 old headlamps being used.

Awesome, thank you!

Reactions: Junior86

Never realized each sequence on the vin was 1000 cars. Like you said this makes sense but still a weird thing to do with regards to future updates. So what is tesla gonna do now with regards to the headlights just say oh yeah well update all 2022 model 3 LR but NOT if you have vin 238 to 248 ??

Received my 2382xx with matrix headlamps today.

As others have pointed out, seems to be more correlated with manufacture date and not VIN. The vin sequence isn’t completely chronological apparently…

Never realized each sequence on the vin was 1000 cars. Like you said this makes sense but still a weird thing to do with regards to future updates. So what is tesla gonna do now with regards to the headlights just say oh yeah well update all 2022 model 3 LR but NOT if you have vin 238 to 248 ??
You bring up a good point. However, I am sure Tesla, given their tech prowess, can target specific VINs with or without the specific headlights if necessary. What's more interesting to me would be resale of these cars. Since the headlights are not an option, once the matrix headlights are legally approved and activated, I would imagine that they would have a higher value than the older premium headlights.

In a private sale you could probably exert your preference but what if you were buying from some place like Carvana? Or if you were selling to Carvana or the like? Curious as to how that would work itself out.

Reactions: ZZ118
You bring up a good point. However, I am sure Tesla, given their tech prowess, can target specific VINs with or without the specific headlights if necessary. What's more interesting to me would be resale of these cars. Since the headlights are not an option, once the matrix headlights are legally approved and activated, I would imagine that they would have a higher value than the older premium headlights.

In a private sale you could probably exert your preference but what if you were buying from some place like Carvana? Or if you were selling to Carvana or the like? Curious as to how that would work itself out.

This. If you plan to keep your car for at least 3+ years then get the correct headlights. These cars will be so unwanted that the values will drop faster than the rest. No one wants a new car with older technology on it simply because of a supply shortage. Once the supply backlog is gone and this sellers market goes away, it'll be a buyers market and thats when you will have people low balling you for your car when they find out that its inferier to the rest of them in the same model year. Its like getting a downgrade and still paying the premium. Had tesla offered a 1k discount that would have accounted for the loss of value, but they didn't so in this case its better to decline the car, over this and ask for another. You wont loose your spot, at worst you have to wait another week or two. I wouldnt be suprised if these cars get declined multiple times before someone finally accepts it now knowing that they are being ripped off. I wouldnt be suprised to see tesla get a class action over this because of their inability to properly explain to the customer, before taking the car, that the headlights were changed from matrix to the years prior. That is considered a bait and switch and its illegal if they didn't inform the customer after ordering.

Reactions: Gutta420 and ZZ118