Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. They just removed the headlights and didn’t say a word but still command the same price. It’s honestly the same with the mobile connector. You can say what you wish about the connector and how it’s not a big deal but it was sneaky and underhanded just for the simple fact that it 100% was included in the car price. They are removing all of these things and steadily raising prices. The correct move would have been to announce it and cite supply chain issues and promise to retrofit when parts are available like all of the legacies are doing right now. It’s funny because it seems like tesla has zero interest in doing right by folks spending $50k + with them.
Japan was the first (if not the only) country not to include the mobile connector, and that really annoyed me.

Prices have been going up steadily. In the last three months, there's been a price increase every two weeks.

If they raised the price to $1200 instead of $1000 and kept the mobile connector, we wouldn't even notice.

It's just annoying to have to order the charger separately for an electric device/car. I can understand that with the iPhone (most of us have multiple old chargers), but a freaking $50,000 car...

It's just annoying to have to order the charger separately for an electric device/car. I can understand that with the iPhone (most of us have multiple old chargers), but a freaking $50,000 car...
I can’t even understand it for an iPhone. It’s like nowadays all of these million/billion dollar companies are always trying to shortchange us, the little guys. Tesla and Apple aren’t the only ones, not by a long shot. Hardware and software are steadily being removed while prices steadily rise. In Tesla’s case I believe there was a shortage on them just like with the ecu’s and that fine and dandy but don’t pull them completely and then charge for them. Simple send them out as they become available. Seems elons mission was noble and true at first and now it’s just all about 💰💰💰. You know what though, I don’t even blame him. It’s the BOD and shareholders that’s greedy.

Reactions: jpaychek
MT Kisco and other northern folks:

Any plans to do something special with the car, once you take delivery, due to the harsh winters? Like ceramic coating or PPF. The stuff is expensive and I cant bring myself to dropping another >2k, but contemplating it.

I’m dropping it off right away for tint and PPF. Only reason I’m doing PPF is cause of the WNY winters/salt and because I drive 120 miles round trip 3 days a week for work which is mostly highway. My last car had paint chips galore.

Last edited:
MT Kisco and other northern folks:

Any plans to do something special with the car, once you take delivery, due to the harsh winters? Like ceramic coating or PPF. The stuff is expensive and I cant bring myself to dropping another >2k, but contemplating it.
Nah, not bothering with any of that stuff. Not putting on Mud flaps either, I just can’t bear the look of flaps on a sedan. It will be garaged though. Any winter damage I figure is just the way it goes owning a car.

Ok so went with Tesla insurance vs. Staying with GEICO whom I have with my home insurance and they couldn't provide a better deal. Plus the liability coverage was lower. Also with my 16 Mazda CX5 they offered 20k. 6k equity going towards down payment. Still scheduled for pick up on Sunday 15th. Cashier's check or ACH payment? What yall suggest?
I think I might do ACH, as that's the preferred method and the easiest. I also currently have Geico, but am switching to nationwide.

I think I might do ACH, as that's the preferred method and the easiest. I also currently have Geico, but am switching to nationwide.
I went from Allstate to State Farm and found it to be decent (~600/yr) savings. Seems like you really need to shop around for these cars since some places have super high premiums based on your zip/personal risk

I went from Allstate to State Farm and found it to be decent (~600/yr) savings. Seems like you really need to shop around for these cars since some places have super high premiums based on your zip/personal risk
Yeah it's very strange in my area state farm is about 400/ month cheaper and only 100$ deductible. Very weird how some companies are pricing their quotes

I am in the exact same boat as you. By exact same, I mean EXACT- same order date, same exact spec for the car, and same where my EDD has not changed since order. I must have ordered slightly sooner than you on the 4th, as I have a slightly earlier EDD. Or I suppose it could be logistics, as I am on the West coast. Hopefully we are gettin close, but I bet there was a LOT of cars sold around this time, as that was right as the gas prices were soaring and the Ukraine situation was really unfolding . . .
Ditto here but OD is 2/20 day 82 and we picked one of the most popular colors, MSM. So maybe we'll see truck loads of them [I think 8 fit on a transport trailer and let's hope they are all MSM.] coming to you all. We'll all look back on this waiting game and quit counting cars we see on the road and think it wasn't too long of a wait as we'll be in one soon.

Reactions: XAEA-12