Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My heart skipped a beat... I don't know how you all did this multiple times already. FIRST ED Change after 66 Days! 2-week window EDD #2 5/31 - 6/14 . I checked the source code and no VIN Yet. Get this my financing expires tomorrow, wonder if I will have my vin and MVPA by then.
I had a similar update this morning. First ED change since ordering on 3/5.
OD: 3/5; M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero no FSD
EDD#1: 5/23-6/20
EDD#2: 6/1-6/15
Taking delivery in Richmond, VA

Japan was the first (if not the only) country not to include the mobile connector, and that really annoyed me.

Prices have been going up steadily. In the last three months, there's been a price increase every two weeks.

If they raised the price to $1200 instead of $1000 and kept the mobile connector, we wouldn't even notice.

It's just annoying to have to order the charger separately for an electric device/car. I can understand that with the iPhone (most of us have multiple old chargers), but a freaking $50,000 car...
unfortunately for everyone in Japan the Yen has dropped significantly against both the USD and the Yuan since beginning of March. It looks like you are being hit with increases because of that on top of Tesla’s “inflation” increases.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. They just removed the headlights and didn’t say a word but still command the same price. It’s honestly the same with the mobile connector. You can say what you wish about the connector and how it’s not a big deal but it was sneaky and underhanded just for the simple fact that it 100% was included in the car price. They are removing all of these things and steadily raising prices. The correct move would have been to announce it and cite supply chain issues and promise to retrofit when parts are available like all of the legacies are doing right now. It’s funny because it seems like tesla has zero interest in doing right by folks spending $50k + with them.
I honestly don’t see resale values of these cars being affected at all. 99% of the population has no idea about headlights beyond perhaps knowing that LED is the “best” and most modern type. Tesla never advertised the car as being specced with matrix lights and it won’t show up on the Monroney sticker. We, on this forum, are a tiny fraction of future and current Tesla owners - Tesla is probably averaging something like 1500 Model 3 deliveries every day at this point.
If someone wants matrix and is offered a car without there is the option to reject the VIN which at least a couple people here have done. Yes you’d need to wait a little longer but the reason they are installing the reflector type lights is obviously due to supply chain issues. If they didn’t install reflector headlights to get the car out the door to the customer there would be no car to reject in the first place because the factory would have ground to a halt. i.e. it would have taken longer to get a car anyway.

I’m dropping it off right away for tint and PPF. Only reason I’m doing PPF is cause of the WNY winters/salt and because I drive 120 miles round trip 3 days a week for work which is mostly highway. My last car had paint chips galore.
I’ll definitely do DIY ceramic coating. Have never had PPF on a car before. I am a little worried about how vulnerable the front of the bumper will be to stone chips. Watched a couple DIY bumper PPF videos - looks pretty challenging but would save a lot. I ended up buying mud flaps

As the wheels turn in our daily Tesla soap. My 2 weeks got changed to 10 days, and of course they picked the end of my 14 days to change it to. Day 87 and no Vin.

But good news. Today must be early Father’s Day because I was just selected to ditch work and find the perfect swimsuit for my soon to be 16 yr old. They shopped until they dropped yesterday and came home with nothing, but guess who is now on the clock? Wish me luck - I’m thinking a nice Burkini would be just the ticket.

And to make things interesting, my wife has put AB on the line for Father’s Day if I’m successful, so start your engines because Papa definitely needs the boost.

Well it happened. The best news this morning! I received my VIN. Also my EDD is now a 3 day window 05/16 - 05/19. I messaged my SA to see when is the earliest I can schedule a delivery. Light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping to pick up the car this weekend if I can. VIN# 253XXX
Nice! Whatever happened to @rickvancouver , I wonder?! Probably already picked up and enjoying his new ride but didn’t update us. Haha

I wholeheartedly agree with you. They just removed the headlights and didn’t say a word but still command the same price. It’s honestly the same with the mobile connector. You can say what you wish about the connector and how it’s not a big deal but it was sneaky and underhanded just for the simple fact that it 100% was included in the car price. They are removing all of these things and steadily raising prices. The correct move would have been to announce it and cite supply chain issues and promise to retrofit when parts are available like all of the legacies are doing right now. It’s funny because it seems like tesla has zero interest in doing right by folks spending $50k + with them.
The mobile connector isn't even an issue since they only aren't including it for orders made after the announcement that it isn't included anymore. So, while I agree a mobile connector should be included, anyone that ordered after the announcement date knew about the lack of a connector before ordering the vehicle.
As far as the lights, I'm basically "meh" on it. They're headlights. The car still looks the same with either type. They both light up the road. They're both LED.
The Tesla contract allegedly says that they can make changes however they like.
If these issues bother you that much, just cancel and buy something else. There are a lot of EV options out there now.
Tesla has a product that sells itself. Are you shocked if they aren't interested in doing "right by folks"? If you don't want the car, there are over a million people that would be happy to take it instead.