Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022
EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15
Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15
2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28
3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22
4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23
5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17
6th EDD change on 5/13: June 1 - June 15

Nice to see a lot of march orders getting their 2 week windows today. I hope this means the late Feb orders are now even closer to their vin!
I’ve been noticing a lot of Northeast location EDDs coalescing around the last week in May. I hope this means a big shipment of cars is on it’s way soon. But each day with no VIN is getting old real quick.

OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022
EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15
Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15
2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28
3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22
4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23
5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17
6th EDD change on 5/13: June 1 - June 15
crazy how some have so much movement and some never move and they’re going to the same place with OD only 1 day apart

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
The mobile connector isn't even an issue since they only aren't including it for orders made after the announcement that it isn't included anymore. So, while I agree a mobile connector should be included, anyone that ordered after the announcement date knew about the lack of a connector before ordering the vehicle.
As far as the lights, I'm basically "meh" on it. They're headlights. The car still looks the same with either type. They both light up the road. They're both LED.
The Tesla contract allegedly says that they can make changes however they like.
If these issues bother you that much, just cancel and buy something else. There are a lot of EV options out there now.
Tesla has a product that sells itself. Are you shocked if they aren't interested in doing "right by folks"? If you don't want the car, there are over a million people that would be happy to take it instead.
Yes actually, I am shocked that they won’t do right by people and it’s people like you that just bends over and takes it…the reason they’re gonna keep it up. No matter how big you get you should ALWAYS do right by your customers…customer service can literally end a company. The mobile connector is definitely an issue as it is required to charge the car at home. How is it that folks are really ok with paying the inflated price that already includes that same omitted mobile connector then pay $200 or $400 or whatever for something that should have came with the car? Absolutely ludicrous but hey, there’s one born everyday right? What’s next? No tires included? 😂 If you’re having supply chain issues that’s fine, we all know what’s going on right now. You ship it to folks when you get it…simple. Same thing all reputable automakers are doing right now and not only that they’re giving you a discount on the price because of the inconvenience.

And actually I already have an EV (one in my opinion that’s better that I ordered waiting on this car and got first) and most likely won’t even be keeping this 3. Can’t sell my reservation and can’t get my money back so yea, my wife may want it but I doubt it. Price has increased by like $5k since I bought it so it should turn a nice profit because like you said, there are a million yous out here that will gladly take it. But hey, if you like it I love it…keep on keeping on. Soon you’ll have to buy the frame and all the other parts will be sold separately to assemble it lol

I found my car in the off site lot in S Florida. I can’t wait ! Currently waiting on the charge port with EDD now 5/29 or so per my SA. Has the new headlights, new chip and Michelin tires. There were over 200 teslas here and I would assume all waiting on charge ports to arrive and be switched out. VIN 235
OD 2/17
M3LR white, black 18”aero. No fsd

Attachments

• BD88345A-9B9C-4902-AD5E-829C65E67E9D.jpeg
    BD88345A-9B9C-4902-AD5E-829C65E67E9D.jpeg
    646.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 1C47926E-34FE-4D15-A573-BA02F5688F2C.jpeg
    1C47926E-34FE-4D15-A573-BA02F5688F2C.jpeg
    879.7 KB · Views: 55
Just to add another data point.
OD: 2/26 - M3LR Red, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD - EDD: 5/13 - 6/10 - Orange County, CA

No EDD changes since order date.
This is the first day of the initial EDD window, maybe something might change in the next few days but doubtful.

I was hoping for a May delivery date, but I am expecting early June.

Just to add another data point.
OD: 2/26 - M3LR Red, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD - EDD: 5/13 - 6/10 - Orange County, CA

No EDD changes since order date.
This is the first day of the initial EDD window, maybe something might change in the next few days but doubtful.

I was hoping for a May delivery date, but I am expecting early June.
That's wild that you haven't gotten any EDD change. I have the same OD, and it took almost 2 months for my first EDD change and I thought that was long. Is everything in your account up to date? Hopefully you just go right to a 2 week window soon, or get a vin assigned.

• Helpful
Not quite. "Options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."

I think they're only saying that new toys that show up after you place your order aren't necessarily going into your vehicle. There's nothing saying that stuff that was already part of your order can be dropped.

However, Tesla has never said that a Model 3 has matrix headlamps nor that it has any functionality that a matrix headlamp can provide. The only statements made are about normal headlight functionality that the older headlamps can provide. That's why Tesla had to change their documentation when they wanted to drop the mobile connector. The documentation did say that it was included, and so that had to be handled very differently. They dropped the existing statements, made a public statement about it being dropped, and dealt with the consequences of their decision.

The mobile connector isn't even an issue since they only aren't including it for orders made after the announcement that it isn't included anymore. So, while I agree a mobile connector should be included, anyone that ordered after the announcement date knew about the lack of a connector before ordering the vehicle.
As far as the lights, I'm basically "meh" on it. They're headlights. The car still looks the same with either type. They both light up the road. They're both LED.
If these issues bother you that much, just cancel and buy something else. There are a lot of EV options out there now.
Tesla has a product that sells itself. Are you shocked if they aren't interested in doing "right by folks"? If you don't want the car, there are over a million people that would be happy to take it instead.
The thing about the mobile connector is Musk should have kept his trap shut until it was official and the website updated. It caused needless worry for people with existing orders(Myself included). Now you can just select a box for the mobile or wall connector, or both if you want. The lights, oh the lights, I never knew headlights were such a lightning rod. I will admit it was an odd thing to do, but in the long run it won’t matter for resale value, except for you few that REALLY care about that sort of thing. As far as “right by folks” I don’t see anybody complaining when they suddenly add something new after you order, so it can go both ways.

On another note, you think you got one more EDD in you T-J-? Make it an even 10!

That's wild that you haven't gotten any EDD change. I have the same OD, and it took almost 2 months for my first EDD change and I thought that was long. Is everything in your account up to date? Hopefully you just go right to a 2 week window soon, or get a vin assigned.
Yup, everything is complete, I even tried to reach out to Tesla and they gave me the canned response, "You will get you car when you get your car".
At least I can enjoy seeing my savings account before I have to give it up to them.

I found my car in the off site lot in S Florida. I can’t wait ! Currently waiting on the charge port with EDD now 5/29 or so per my SA. Has the new headlights, new chip and Michelin tires. There were over 200 teslas here and I would assume all waiting on charge ports to arrive and be switched out. VIN 235
OD 2/17
M3LR white, black 18”aero. No fsd
Nice find, I hope you are wrong that they all are waiting on the ECU though. That would not bode well for any of us.