Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, been lurking for awhile here. But here’s my update. M3LR MSM 18 / white interior / FSD/

OD: April/24/2022
DD 1: mid August - mid September
Last week DD2: May 21 - June 03

Yesterday: Got a text and ask me to do a trade and I told them yes let see how much you give as long it won’t affect my 2 weeks window. Rep said yes it won’t affect any timeline.

Today DD3: July 16 - September 2022
I asked the rep I thought it won’t change and they replied your delivery dates is never guaranteed… and open trade option won’t change anything 🤦‍♂️Bad timing I guess 🤷‍♂️

Moral of the story: If you’re in a 2 week windows don’t do anything until you get your VIN 🥲
I doubt it was the trade in. It’s still pretty early for you, and Tesla seems to give shorter windows when they think your car might be in the upcoming batch or there’s cancellations, but then for some reason if your reservation doesn’t make the cut, you get back to wait for the next 2 week window etc. It’s hard not to get your hopes up when you see a 2 week window, I think we all can relate.

Hi all, been lurking for awhile here. But here’s my update. M3LR MSM 18 / white interior / FSD/

OD: April/24/2022
DD 1: mid August - mid September
Last week DD2: May 21 - June 03

Yesterday: Got a text and ask me to do a trade and I told them yes let see how much you give as long it won’t affect my 2 weeks window. Rep said yes it won’t affect any timeline.

Today DD3: July 16 - September 2022
I asked the rep I thought it won’t change and they replied your delivery dates is never guaranteed… and open trade option won’t change anything 🤦‍♂️Bad timing I guess 🤷‍♂️

Moral of the story: If you’re in a 2 week windows don’t do anything until you get your VIN 🥲
I doubt the trade in had anything to do with that, the system possibly matched you with a canceled delivery before someone else was able to pick it up.

For MT Kisco folks:
@Skay @SkunkApe @Neuro450 @Tom_JS (sorry if I missed anyone else)

Just came back after picking up the car. Has matrix headlights, charger, michelin tyres. There werent any specific build issues on my car (just helped a random lady fix her aero covers on her car).

There werent many model 3s parked outside for delivery, so wasnt able to see what the current status is with the matrix headlights. I saw like 4 M3s in the lot, and think 2-3 of them had old lights. If you want some extrapolation, my VIN is 246x and build date of 04/30 and mine has matrix. I had 4 SAs confirm to me that I had matrix, so if your VIN and build date is after me, or have heard from multiple SAs that you have matrix, you should be good.

The autopilot calibration took like 15 mins on the highway (just make sure you turn it on before you hit the road, as the option is disabled at the start). Autopilot is fun, but driving the car is even more fun.

My fiance aka my co-signer (though I am the one who is paying for the car), wanted to celebrate the car by taking her shoes off and eating takeout inside the car while I drove back, so ... I dont think I will be pampering the car anymore and will likely be treating it as a regular car and just enjoying the tech inside it. That was a true test of our relationship. The good thing is that 15 minutes after she was done eating, the car was completely smell free from the food. So taking small wins here.

Just went to go check on our car in preparation for Sunday possession and it has the reflector-style headlights. No big deal for me as I really like reflectors over projectors but, the Matrix pattern is pretty cool looking.

For reference with others keeping track of VIN sets with either headlight style:
My VIN: 246xx
messages_0.jpeg

How do I go about tracking where my vehicle is now that I have my VIN? Call Telsa? I don't have an SA since I ordered online.
You can always contact your SA by replying to the text that you first got that welcomed you to the "Tesla family". (The vast majority of us ordered online.) If anyone knows where your car is, it's your SA. That said, tracking a vehicle isn't something that I think many SAs are all that interested in doing. Buyers would be calling them every five minutes.
Autopilot is fun, but driving the car is even more fun.
Wait until you get stuck in stop and go traffic, or in a traffic jam on the highway. That's when autopilot is absolutely a guilty pleasure.

My heart skipped a beat... I don't know how you all did this multiple times already. FIRST ED Change after 66 Days! 2-week window EDD #2 5/31 - 6/14 . I checked the source code and no VIN Yet. Get this my financing expires tomorrow, wonder if I will have my vin and MVPA by then.
So reached out to my SA and asked when they think I will get a VIN. they replied with “Most likely will be getting a vin within the next few days”. Now I am taking that with a grain of salt because we all know they see what we see as far as status. My CU loan application expires after tomorrow but they said their branches are open until 5 and they will be able to process my loan if I can get them the MVPA before EOD. To that person who setup a Lithium-Ion pentagram, can you work your enchantment tonight for some early March VINs tomorrow?

First update since ordering

OD 3/4
M3LR blue,black 18" aero, No FSD
EDD May 22-June 19 (original date)
Today 5/13 2 week window EDD May 18-Jun 1 (first update since order)
No VIN assigned or in source
Delivery location Portland, OR
Local CU rate locked in at 2.5% till end of May
Interesting my pickup location is also Portland, Oregon. But my NEW EDD is a couple days later than you. Maybe because my OD is 03/07?

Anyway, I'm guessing we get VINs tomorrow.....

Question? We pick ours up first thing in the morning tomorrow!

For those that are still on and took delivery. How long did you look over your car? Were you allowed to look inside before delivery? Any issues after going over it?

I have the TesBros one and have watched a gazillion vids on delivery things to look for. We will be taking pics/vids just in case something crops up on it but we do plan on looking the car over a bunch. Even when we accept delivery we will still stay at the service center til I am satisfied things are good to go (within reason) just so there is NO question if something were to come up that could have happened driving home.

We are going to go the PPF TINT route as we do that with all our cars and already have it scheduled.

I will say this. I have had nothing but great communication from TESLA...Texts, app, and phone calls. Both the national Tesla person we spoke with from Arizona answered our questions and then the local Tesla service advisor reached out again a couple hours ago.

How long did you look over your car? Were you allowed to look inside before delivery? Any issues after going over it?
I looked at the exterior and as much of the interior as I could through the windows. They didn't offer to unlock it and I didn't ask. In truth, I had to bring up the idea of an inspection. They just wanted to complete the paperwork and get me out the door. It was pretty standard DC-hectic (bleh). I found a couple exterior issues that I was going to have fixed until I realized that their service people area already swamped. To me, that meant a rushed repair, and I didn't want to lose my only transportation in exchange for Uber credits while making that repair.

Your experience at delivery will depend on the people that work at your delivery location, the setting, and how busy everyone is. I got DC-hectic people in a crowded setting on a busy day. I hope you get a laid-back experience in an open environment with friendly people. Your interactions to date suggest that you should have a great delivery experience - which reflects what I know of western states in general.

Since taking delivery I haven't found any further issues with the car. Everything works - once I figure out how it works. I only realized today that double-pressing the park button will unlock all the doors to let people in.

Never realized each sequence on the vin was 1000 cars. Like you said this makes sense but still a weird thing to do with regards to future updates. So what is tesla gonna do now with regards to the headlights just say oh yeah well update all 2022 model 3 LR but NOT if you have vin 238 to 248 ??
The demand is such that Tesla can get away with it because people would rather take the vehicle as is instead of rejecting the VIN.
Do you have any idea if the Model 3s being produced in Shanghai these days are equipped with Matrix headlights?
They should be, because Made In China (MIC) model s/3/x/y's get the newest features first.
100%. I kept monitoring the situation since October. I wanted to buy then, but I couldn't take delivery until the end of June, so I had to wait until mid-March to order. Long story short, the same car has gone from ¥5,300,000/$41,000 to ¥7,100,000/$55,000 (today).

The good news is that the estimated autonomy has increased from 580 km e to 689 km.
It's either the latter, or

images

More seriously, I'm sure Japan uses a different rating system to reflect the driving habits of the Japanese. It's a small country compared to the United States or Canada, so drivers spend much less time on freeways at high speeds.
The 3(4) standards are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure), NEDC (New European Driving Cycle), and CLTC (China Light Duty Vehicle Test Cycle).

China uses NEDC and CLTC, which give higher range numbers compared to EPA and WLTP.
1652491310775.png

I looked at the exterior and as much of the interior as I could through the windows. They didn't offer to unlock it and I didn't ask. In truth, I had to bring up the idea of an inspection. They just wanted to complete the paperwork and get me out the door. It was pretty standard DC-hectic (bleh). I found a couple exterior issues that I was going to have fixed until I realized that their service people area already swamped. To me, that meant a rushed repair, and I didn't want to lose my only transportation in exchange for Uber credits while making that repair.

Your experience at delivery will depend on the people that work at your delivery location, the setting, and how busy everyone is. I got DC-hectic people in a crowded setting on a busy day. I hope you get a laid-back experience in an open environment with friendly people. Your interactions to date suggest that you should have a great delivery experience - which reflects what I know of western states in general.

Since taking delivery I haven't found any further issues with the car. Everything works - once I figure out how it works. I only realized today that double-pressing the park button will unlock all the doors to let people in.
Thanks! That makes sense in your situation.

I truly hope it will be a fun time! They seem super nice at our delivery/service center and have been nothing less than helpful.

Our only concerns is with the "older" VIN sequence 227XXX versus the newer ones here in the 24/25XXXX ones. What I was told was the car was not accepted for some reason and that we were the next in line. I hope it is probably lack of financing or something like that.

The Odometer has 15 miles on it which to me isnt much but with those potential issues I do need to be able to look inside the vehicle and see what is going on.

What were your issues if you don't mind me asking?

We are super excited to get this for my wife!!!! She deserves a new car!

The Odometer has 15 miles on it which to me isnt much but with those potential issues I do need to be able to look inside the vehicle and see what is going on.
The 15 mile number is a kind of bog-standard statement of the initial mileage of a new car. I'm quite certain that my car had roughly 60 miles or so, but when my title document arrived in the mail, it read 15 miles. I'm not sure what those extra miles were from and I try not to think about what they might mean.
What were your issues if you don't mind me asking?
I had an actual dent (thumbnail-sized) in a metal roof panel, and the rear glass panel wasn't aligned/seated properly on one side. It's elevated by a couple mm. Neither flaw jumps out at me, but they really shouldn't be there, especially the dent. I have the flaws on record because I started a service call on them, so maybe I can revisit this sometime in the future. The car may have other things that other people would have called out, but it really falls to the buyer to decide what's tolerable. Those two were my "intolerables".

IMG_20220323_150755174 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20220323_150809735 - Copy.jpg

The 15 mile number is a kind of bog-standard statement of the initial mileage of a new car. I'm quite certain that my car had roughly 60 miles or so, but when my title document arrived in the mail, it read 15 miles. I'm not sure what those extra miles were from and I try not to think about what they might mean.

I had an actual dent (thumbnail-sized) in a metal roof panel, and the rear glass panel wasn't aligned/seated properly on one side. It's elevated by a couple mm. Neither flaw jumps out at me, but they really shouldn't be there, especially the dent. I have the flaws on record because I started a service call on them, so maybe I can revisit this sometime in the future. The car may have other things that other people would have called out, but it really falls to the buyer to decide what's tolerable. Those two were my "intolerables".

View attachment 804053 View attachment 804052

Thanks so much! The dent, I would think could be pulled without an issue. The Glass may be another issue. Hopefully there is a way they could fix it. I am not a glass person so who knows.

We are just looking at BIG things that would cause a red flag. Panels can be adjusted as folks have been experiencing the issues for years w/o any complaints after a trip or two to the service center.

I have seen horror stories at pickup and many where it was flawless. Some probably in-between. We ordered a car from Germany a couple years ago and waited 6.5 months for it. Tracked the boat across the ocean...LOL. When it arrived it was NOT perfect but pretty close. The issues we had were minor and our dealership took care of them right away.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I will do the same for the forum here when we take delivery in the morning! Damn, I do love that blue color though! Not my wife's fav so we went with MSM on ours. I love that too but I REALLY love the blue!

I decided to call the Tesla number today and finally after the third time had the chance to actually talk to a person very helpful compared to the first two times. I asked him if they had any idea based on my OD and me having to leave the state for a family members service. He stated that he can see a delivery for me sometime in the middle of June. Hearing that kinda tells me that us in California are going to have to wait for the final push of Q2 to get our cars unfortunately. Congrats to all getting vins but its gets annoying seeing folks that just ordered getting their cars first. Sorry maybe its just jealously.

I decided to call the Tesla number today and finally after the third time had the chance to actually talk to a person very helpful compared to the first two times. I asked him if they had any idea based on my OD and me having to leave the state for a family members service. He stated that he can see a delivery for me sometime in the middle of June. Hearing that kinda tells me that us in California are going to have to wait for the final push of Q2 to get our cars unfortunately. Congrats to all getting vins but its gets annoying seeing folks that just ordered getting their cars first. Sorry maybe its just jealously.
Same config, close order date, CA also. I’m expecting mid June delivery and part of the Q2 push..