Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t get the old pricing. When I changed my build it went up to $57,490 (the vehicle price if you were to place an order today of the LR/MSM/Black/19” Sport/No FSD) from $46,990. I changed my build within the two weeks since I placed my order.
Contact your SA. It should stay the same. When did you do this btw?

If you look at my Sig, I changed it to a M3P and retained the old pricing structure before the last increase.

it depends how far you are from Fremont factory (amongst a few other things).
The VIN is assigned the day the vehicle is built.
So folks in east coast will have delivery dates out in future compared to folks who can spy on the fremont factory from their backyards.
Ah, that makes sense. Though when I got my VIN my car was already at the dealership? I don’t think it made it from Fremont to SLC in less than a day by rail.

Reactions: Junior86
Well, 8am on the dot has come and gone and it’s the first time in the last two weeks I didn’t get an EDD update on a Saturday morning at that exact time…

I’m really hoping my vin is near.
Small update: I did just get a trade in text just now….but if I recall, many had gotten that text too but still didn’t receive any EDD update or vin update afterwards? Did anybody here actually get their vin soon after getting the trade in text?

Last edited:
Contact your SA. It should stay the same. When did you do this btw?

If you look at my Sig, I changed it to a M3P and retained the old pricing structure before the last increase.
I ordered on 4/30 and changed on 5/12. I’m not too aware of any price changes during that interval but if there was, I’ll talk to my SA when they’re back in office on Monday. They’ve been out for a week according to one of the advisors through chat. All my details are in my signature including my original build and the build I switched to.

I decided to call the Tesla number today and finally after the third time had the chance to actually talk to a person very helpful compared to the first two times. I asked him if they had any idea based on my OD and me having to leave the state for a family members service. He stated that he can see a delivery for me sometime in the middle of June. Hearing that kinda tells me that us in California are going to have to wait for the final push of Q2 to get our cars unfortunately. Congrats to all getting vins but its gets annoying seeing folks that just ordered getting their cars first. Sorry maybe its just jealously.
I'll admit to the jealously part, but in the big scheme of things we "get" to have a nice car in the end of this waiting game. I drive about 80 miles a day/RT and see new cars with temporary paper plates outside of our Tesla world and yes they probably drove it off the lot but we aren't settling for a $27k car and paying for gas.
As many times I've talked to Tesla owners they always say how much fun it is and worth the wait. Plus we all get to hang out in here.

I'll admit to the jealously part, but in the big scheme of things we "get" to have a nice car in the end of this waiting game. I drive about 80 miles a day/RT and see new cars with temporary paper plates outside of our Tesla world and yes they probably drove it off the lot but we aren't settling for a $27k car and paying for gas.
As many times I've talked to Tesla owners they always say how much fun it is and worth the wait. Plus we all get to hang out in here.
If you haven't had one before, I think it's fair to say that the experience can seem surreal. I always felt like I was piloting a space ship.... And, I think the bonus is that you know down to the watt and dollar how much driving your Tesla helps improve our chances against climate change.

Woke up this morning to no updates. Running errands and while at the Apple store I received a text for trade-in info at 10:56 am. Replied that I did not have a trade in and the SA thanked e and wished me a great weekend!. At 11:18 am I received a text that a VIN had been assigned and to complete my tasks. I checked the app and EDD changed to 5/27 - 5/31 with a VIN showing! WOOHOO. Now applying at DCU and one other CU to see how I want to proceed.

Woke up this morning to no updates. Running errands and while at the Apple store I received a text for trade-in info at 10:56 am. Replied that I did not have a trade in and the SA thanked e and wished me a great weekend!. At 11:18 am I received a text that a VIN had been assigned and to complete my tasks. I checked the app and EDD changed to 5/27 - 5/31 with a VIN showing! WOOHOO. Now applying at DCU and one other CU to see how I want to proceed.
My OD AND EDD are very similar to yours and I also just got that text. I hope I get my vin too lol

I didn’t get the old pricing. When I changed my build it went up to $57,490 (the vehicle price if you were to place an order today of the LR/MSM/Black/19” Sport/No FSD) from $46,990. I changed my build within the two weeks since I placed my order.
When I ordered the LR on 4/3 it was $54,490. A few days later, around April 8 there was a price increase to $57,490. You are getting the correct price just as if you had originally ordered the LR on April 30 instead of the SR.

Ah, that makes sense. Though when I got my VIN my car was already at the dealership? I don’t think it made it from Fremont to SLC in less than a day by rail.
You got a car that was originally assigned to someone else and for whatever reason - they rejected it, they needed to wait, they couldn’t get financing- you got re-assigned their VIN.

When I ordered the LR on 4/3 it was $54,490. A few days later, around April 8 there was a price increase to $57,490. You are getting the correct price just as if you had originally ordered the LR on April 30 instead of the SR.
Right. I only expected the price change because I obviously switched from RWD to AWD. Plus the range of the RWD was less than my Camry, and I drive to college and work and it’s a pretty lengthy trip. Plus the need to trade my vehicle as soon as possible so I can get more credit.

Took delivery yesterday!!

Some miscellaneous information:
- For Canadian orders, Vin only shows up after you’ve scheduled delivery date. However, it is available in the source code prior.
-the ever-changing EDD meant absolutely nothing. However, despite the edd mess, the final delivery did come between the original edd of apr 27 and may 25 when I ordered.
- I was asked to sign the delivery papers and buy insurance before even seeing the car. I tried to ask if I can checkout the car first but they said it’s their “process”.
- The delivery person helped me install the front and back plate then gave me the keycard and left.
- The car will show a “calibration in progress” for the first 20km or so but it doesn’t affect driving.
- Premium connectivity wasn’t available right away. I kept getting an “error loading subscriptions” message in the app but it was resolved after about 6 hours of having the car when I received a “welcome to the Tesla family email”. Maybe check on that with your SA right at delivery as it’s likely a button they might have to click?
- Try the charging pad. I have a iPhone 12 mini which is quite a bit smaller from most phones nowadays. The left charging pad doesn’t work on my mini but the right one works. With an iPhone 11, both works. Maybe I’ll schedule a service time to get it checked out.
- Plan for how you are gonna charge. I didn’t think it through and ended up having to back into my garage on a ramp which is very scary. I use the 110v wall plug and i get about 6km/hr. Enough for my use case for now but I might consider adding the 240v if I ever need more.

As for the driving experience,
- was driving a z4 before and speed/handling wise the model 3 is on par. I’d say considering the model 3 is longer and wider it is pretty impressive.
- My dad told me to mostly control the speed with gas instead of brake since day 1 of driving so the one pedal driving with the Tesla is a seamless transition.
- the seat is not very comfortable compared to traditional cars in this price range. My back was hurting after 80km so maybe need to break in the seats/find better adjustments.
- HUGE huge huge relief that I no longer have to worry about the skyrocketing GAS PRICE in Vancouver. I no longer have to think about how a 60km roundtrip drive to the movie is gonna cost me 15$ in gas money…