Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had some fun this afternoon putting together a Dashboard based on the existing Order/VIN survey. You may want to bookmark this page as it will be updated live from the data enter by users. Tesla M3 Survey Statistics Dashboard Feel free to promote as the more data we have the better it is.

If you catch errors, feel free to let me know.
Looks pretty cool, thanks for putting it together! You have a small typo & grammar error in the second sentence at the top.

Hoping for some insight from people savvy in the ceramic window tinting profession. I’m told by a local window tinting shop to use nano ceramic tinting to get the best relief from the heat. I’m not concerned with privacy at all and want to help keep my M3 cool in the summer. I was quoted $600 to do all 4 doors and the back window. They warned my that a M3 back window has a gradient tint so it would look different. Not sure what they are referring. I want this to be the first thing done when my car comes in.
Any suggestions from folks?

I still don't believe this whole they don't ship cars in the first month of a quarter Nonsense. Seems like an old rumor that has now become fact for some reason
The first month of a quarter certainly seems to be weaker than the other two. Look at @MtlMV's graphs. That said, I don't think anyone has been asserting that NO cars are shipped in the first month of a quarter. Do you agree that deliveries seem to come in east coast and west coast waves?
Now that I've received my order, is there a proper etiquette to what I should change my signature to?
I think you're all set by reporting your delivery date. Just be sure to leave room for your future Tesla purchases. And congratulations on the car. I wish people in my area would wave.

Hoping for some insight from people savvy in the ceramic window tinting profession. I’m told by a local window tinting shop to use nano ceramic tinting to get the best relief from the heat. I’m not concerned with privacy at all and want to help keep my M3 cool in the summer. I was quoted $600 to do all 4 doors and the back window. They warned my that a M3 back window has a gradient tint so it would look different. Not sure what they are referring. I want this to be the first thing done when my car comes in.
I was quoted about the same for ceramic on all windows but the windshield and top glass. The place I’m going through special orders the rear window tint so it can be done in a single sheet.

• Informative
Reactions: figs45 and jpaychek
The first month of a quarter certainly seems to be weaker than the other two. Look at @MtlMV's graphs. That said, I don't think anyone has been asserting that NO cars are shipped in the first month of a quarter. Do you agree that deliveries seem to come in east coast and west coast waves?

I think you're all set by reporting your delivery date. Just be sure to leave room for your future Tesla purchases. And congratulations on the car. I wish people in my area would wave.
Not really tbh. This is also a very very small subset of the orders. It makes no sense to have orders only go east coast then west coast and increase over a quarter then taper down.

Reactions: JB47394
GRADUATIION DAY !!! (YAAAAAAYYYYYY)

First of all.... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU ! to the awesome and lovely people around on this forum and wealth of info shared.

Secondly, as everyone who graduates says (literally) and I now know it and stand by that..... "WORTH THE WAIT !!!" :)

So the delivery details:
  • Overall delivery was good & smooth 👍
  • There was no time cruch or restriction as such, at least in this location they give the time you need to look around and validate
  • Today Mt.Kisco was packed with cars (mostly 3s & Ys)
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Charging cable included = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅
    • Panel gaps = None ✅ (at least to my eyes I was not able ot catch anything and did 3 or 4 rounds) (used TesBros checklist)
    • Any other issues = None ✅
Noticed a few performance model and those wheels on them are so cooooool, but on my way back where there were few road construction works and bad roads I instantly felt good for the 18" Aeros on my car 😄

Wishing all the good luck on quick and quality cars for everyone waiting !!!

Tesla_Model_3.jpg

First of all.... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU ! to the awesome and lovely people around on this forum and wealth of info shared.

Secondly, as everyone who graduates says (literally) and I now know it and stand by that..... "WORTH THE WAIT !!!" :)

So the delivery details:
  • There was no time cruch or restriction as such, at least in this location they give the time you need to look around and validate
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅
    • Panel gaps = None ✅ (at least to my eyes I was not able ot catch anything and did 3 or 4 rounds) (used TesBros checklist)
Noticed a few performance model and those wheels on them are so cooooool, but on my way back where there were few road construction works and bad roads I instantly felt good for the 18" Aeros on my car 😄

View attachment 804388
Wow. I do love the red with the aero wheels. Congrats!!!

So the delivery details:
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅

View attachment 804388
Love the color. Have you seen any 248 vins that didnt have or had matrix headlights. Worried i wont get them

So the delivery details:
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅

View attachment 804388
I shouldn’t have seen this, now I want to last minute change my color to red . . . ;-) Congrats!

I also graduated today and as others have said totally worth the 92 day wait! I love the car. Delivery was easy and seamless. I did use the checklist and spent all the time I needed checking out my car. I had only one issue, a chip in the rearview mirror of all things. Tesla home service will be replacing it. No panel gaps. Matrix headlamps on my 242xxx VIN. Michelin tires. Beautiful black paint! And I love the black interior. Be patient friends and enjoy the ride!

Local shop here has 20% ceramic tint in sheets big enough to do rear window. As I understand some tint shops will stop the tint at the gradient line and you will have a visible from the inside overlap line. It would drive me crazy so I’m doing 20% all around.

Reactions: Mwhusa

So the delivery details:
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅

View attachment 804388
That red is so awesome! Can’t wait to get it on Monday and then see what it looks like after paint correction and ceramic coating on Friday!