Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LR awd, blue, black interior, and 19” wheels. Lynwood WA pick-up.

OD - 2/28
1st EDD - May 6th - June 3rd
2nd EDD (updated today) - May 17 - June 20.

Sad face.
So this happened quick.

3rd EDD (update May 11 or 12) - May 15 - 24
4th EDD (update May 13) - May 16 - 19 with VIN! 255nnn
Scheduled pickup, May 18th.

Big happy face.

Thanks for all the support. We were fortunate to have had the opportunity but we Just get back in the queue. As far as order fee, it is still with Tesla. Again, we want one we just want one defect free that’s all. With the weird older VIN, I had my suspicions that something wasn’t right.

II feel for your extended wait! Was that paint defect something you snapped a picture of or was it the kind of defect that would be difficult to show in a photo? I would like to see what it looked like.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
Lynwood is super backed up, from what I can tell. I ordered mine on Jan 27th and while I’ve had a VIN for 20 days, 19 of those my car has just been sitting on the lot waiting for a “software update” and inspection. Super hopeful for this week but at this point I’m trying not to stress anymore.
I wonder if they are hiring? Hmm, part-time gig doing pre-delivery inspections…

So we took delivery of our car on Sunday and everything looked good. The driver's side rear taillight had some moisture in it (gotta zoom in to see it) which the SA said would dry up. We drove around all day in 80 degree heat and it all but dried up. This morning, it was all gone. We did book Mobile Service for it to get replaced but before we cancel it, we're gonna take it through the touch less pressure wash to see if it comes back. I know this is common with our model so I'm not worried. This video shows it has to do with inferior plastic welds where they join the halves together.

The only other thing I saw were three areas on the driver's side passenger door that had some missing metallic flake in the paint. My wife freaks out about everything but doesn't care about getting this fixed as she doesn't want to take the chance to have it sanded and re-sprayed and it not match. Plus, you can only see it standing at the backside of the car in bright sun and not straight on or any other angle.

Even in the picture below, it's hard to make out but, it looks like three round areas of missing flake that look darker with areas in between of proper paint coverage. The car is the MSM.

Attachments

• messages_0(1).jpeg
    messages_0(1).jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 111
  • messages_0(2).jpeg
    messages_0(2).jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I hate to bring it up, but @critchamc ordered the same configuration for Reno, Nevada on March 12 and he just got the car delivered. It's not a refused car because it's a 253xxx VIN. The difference is that he's within trucking distance while you're not. Somehow they need to build your configuration and get it on a train.

Unrelated... Anyone who is surprised that their EDD is later than somebody else who ordered at the same time, remember that if you didn't order any upgrades, you have to wait longer. So if you order white/black/aero and somebody else orders blue/black/aero, they're going to have an earlier EDD than you. Same if they order white/black/19". The difference used to be a couple weeks, then a month. It may be even longer now. However long the overall queue is, the base configurations get lowest priority.

The delivery delay saga continues. Everything still came together much earlier than expected, so my issue is more about the difficulty of getting clear updates than it is the delays themselves. My initial EDD of 5/8-14, as shared on 5/4 when I got my VIN, is now 5/16-20. It basically just goes back one day each morning. But from the last rep I spoke to, that may be pushed back even further.

Although several employees blamed it on the "car being stuck at a distribution center," another finally admitted that the charging port issue is the factor here. And since the service center apparently doesn't have the part in stock, there's little chance of it being resolved this week (best case scenario is apparently that the part arrives late this week, which would ETA the car for next week). So why not just update the EDD with realistic info?

BOOOOoooo. I just figured…. It does appear they are going in order aren’t they with Scottsdale receiving it last week with OD dates of 2/12 then me at 2/15 and now you are on the clock my friend.

By the way DCU is great, but I’m not transferring my deposit over to a bank that doesn’t have Zelle so stuck with a 2.99% today with perfect credit. Uggh. 1.25 higher than when I looked at them in March.

Reactions: Junior86 and T-J-