Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 2/24, in SoCal. Still no VIN!:mad:

I understand it's an industry-wide issue, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially with the flopping of EDD's all over the place and seeing people who ordered weeks after me, get their car already. Ugh....it's a venting kinda Monday!
That’s really odd… sorry for your frustration! Let it all out haha, hopefully you should get one this week!

Man, I was really pulling for you guys this morning. But keep your chin up, my VIN was not there in the morning and just popped up sometime midday.
Since I really didn't have a SA text me at all, and haven't gotten much text notifications since the day I ordered, I'm hoping that I just see the vin show up in the app sometime this week.

I understand it's an industry-wide issue, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially with the flopping of EDD's all over the place and seeing people who ordered weeks after me, get their car already. Ugh....it's a venting kinda Monday!
Similar order date. It’s getting painful seeing much more recent orders pass us. Although I stopped by the Tesla location by me to ask a couple questions and they just offered up a car to take home for the weekend (sat night to monday morning). That definitely helped hold me over some more.

Got a trade in offer from Tesla for my clunker Prius equivalent to what both Carvana and Carmax quoted me ( now $3k less than the initial quote back in February, but makes sense with the used car market slow down).
Anybody go with the Tesla trade in and have any experience or advice for the process?

It's A Wonderful Life! 😂
Thank you for getting the reference. 😜 I went running through the house just like George Bailey after his epiphany this morning. Looks like the 5am update had my Vin. I checked around 11 pm and it wasn’t hiding in source code yesterday. At 8am local i got the text that my vin was in and time to schedule delivery. Interestingly enough they are trying to deliver to my house, though I’m only 15-20 miles from Glendale where I purchased.

I think it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. My parents ordered a Toyota Highlander shortly after we ordered a Tesla. They were told it could be anywhere from 2-8 months at the time of ordering based on current market conditons/supply chain. They haven't received any update since they ordered. Tesla provides an EDD, along with changes to that EDD from time to time. People scrutinize every change (or lack of change) with the EDD'S....but at least we get some sort of information from the company. We definitely hate when dates get pushed back (been there), but there is some flow of information. On the flip side, maybe people would complain less if Tesla just gave us a 2-8 month window when ordering and not contact us until the vehicle is ready for pick-up.

Lots of activity this morning. Was on Day 2 of my 4 day EDD. Messaged the SA and before they responded, it changed to 5/19-5/25. SA responded an hour later saying it should be some time next week and then one minute later I get the notification to schedule pickup and make final payment. Delivery is scheduled for 5/24, eight days from now.

Is it possible that date gets moved up? Surely they wouldn't have me schedule delivery and make payment if the car wasn't on site.

Lots of activity this morning. Was on Day 2 of my 4 day EDD. Messaged the SA and before they responded, it changed to 5/19-5/25. SA responded an hour later saying it should be some time next week and then one minute later I get the notification to schedule pickup and make final payment. Delivery is scheduled for 5/24, eight days from now.

Is it possible that date gets moved up? Surely they wouldn't have me schedule delivery and make payment if the car wasn't on site.
Depends. Ask the SA if the car is in transit or if it is at SC waiting for a part. If it is in transit then you are good and should be able to get it on 24th.

So my neighbor said Tesla sent him an Uber and paid for it on his delivery day back in December of last year. My SA said they don’t that. Kind of a bummer and now it’ll cost me $160 for a cab to get there.

Edit-these next two hours might be harder than the last two months! I’m just pacing.

Last edited:
So my neighbor said Tesla sent him an Uber and paid for it on his delivery day back in December of last year. My SA said they don’t that. Kind of a bummer and now it’ll cost me $160 for a cab to get there.
Yeah the distances aren't fun. I was going to take a train down to near Mt. Kisco and public transport it over but it looks like I don't have one available anymore. Car rental it is.

Edit-these next two hours might be harder than the last two months! I’m just pacing.
I have a three-hour drive each way! But I'm renting a car one way and dropping it there. It's $103-110 now but that could change whenever my car arrives.

So my delivery is scheduled for Thu 5/19. I called my insurer and tentatively activated the policy for that day and it expires 7/21. By my count that's 63 days post-delivery of coverage and yet the mobile app says it has to be at least 60 days when I use that expiration date. Anyone else run into this?

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Got the automated trade in text this morning. My 4 week window still stands at 05/21-06/18. Based on everything that I've seen, the trade in text means nothing, but I hope it means VIN soon....

Update: Either my SA or another SA responded saying that I was close and that they'd mark my account with no trade in. Told them I'd be willing to pickup at any location in California at this point..... 🤣

Update #2: This dude then responds with "Just some more information. We are still looking at May 21st to June 18th with the 18th being the latest it would arrive. That is what I meant by "soon"."

FFS... If I wanted a repeat of the same date range i've been looking at for the past 2-3 months I would have just checked the app.....

Last edited:
Hi All, I have a quick question as to how long Tesla will hold your vehicle for you.

I have delivery scheduled for Tuesday May 24, but then will be out of town Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I can come back early Friday if needed to pick it up though.

But lets say my May 24 delivery gets delayed, do I get another 3 day window or am I forced into a specific date? I've texted the SA about this also just waiting on a response, I can update once I get a response