Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent a text to the basic # about my delivery coming up.
Asked about amd chip, headlights, and if it had the ECU or not.

AMD was a yes which I figure every car has now.

Headlights: I was told it has "Global headlights, which bring projector headlamps".. no idea what that means, I assume the worst and that's not matrix?

ECU: they dodged the question which is concerning, just said it's in transit and will undergo inspect once it arrives.

IM going to guess that
Received my delivery day instructions. Is it boiler-plate to have ‘do not arrive before your appointment time’?

I’m driving 2 hours and there are some areas of construction that are extremely hard to predict even with apps and such. I guess arriving early will mean I’m finding the nearest McDs to wait.
Im guessing that means "Dont expect us to be ready early"

Reactions: jpaychek
wow...what's your current EDD?
EDD is arbitrary. the car is on the lot in nashville with no charge port chip and "there is no visibility into when they will ship or arrive"

I have some extenuating circumstances. When I purchased my SR+ in 2020, tesla initiated two loans with the lender for the same car. When the duplicate was cancelled, the lien was released. the bank never fixed the title so it showed that I owned the car for two years. I found out when I went to sell my SR+ to carvana. I had to do all the work.. tesla was minimally helpful. I had to release my first VIN. This is VIN 2.
During this time, interest rates went up, a piece of metal hit the bumper on my SR+ on the highway, and used car prices have cooled.
I honestly have been looking at polestars and saying bye bye to tesla.

This is odd. Can you update your signature with your OD and EDD info so we can follow your delivery progression? Something feels amiss here.
check post 41727.
happy to post my contract with order date. at this point my EDD has slid countless times from mid jan/2022 to 5/19-5/23. but EDD is arbitrary because the car is missing the part, with no window given from tesla on part shipment or arrival.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aleal
Are they getting rid of dealerships or something? If not, that will be a pain point that many people will not want to endure.
They very well might be. The relationship between dealers and manufacturers is getting adversarial (if it hasn't always been so). After all, if dealers got laws on the books, then that suggests to me that the manufacturers were interested in end-running them from the start.

Ford may be creating its EV unit so that it can build it up with profits from its existing businesses and then spin it off as another Tesla. As a separate company, it may not be bound to the existing dealer contracts that the overall company is bound to.
Received my delivery day instructions. Is it boiler-plate to have ‘do not arrive before your appointment time’?
I don't recall being told that, but I can well imagine that the longer people wait, the more likely they are to show up early for their appointment. With everyone doing that, it must really gum up the works in the delivery lobby area, making it impossible to know who should be helped and who is just standing around impatiently.
check post 41727.
Hiline was asking you to put your order details into your forum signature so that everyone who sees any of your posts can connect the dots with your order. If you're posting from your phone you may not see that information unless you view the forum in landscape.

Reactions: jpaychek
I got the text to schedule delivery!!! Picking up in Lynnwood this Friday!

I just ordered an anti-glare screen protector and the little insert that makes the cup holder safe for skinny beverages! What else should I get?!
Congrats!

I posted this here a little while ago (I think everyone thought I was crazy to be looking at this stuff right after ordering, but, whatever). Anyway, maybe there are some ideas here for you.

Todd

Just to update this from a couple of hours ago. I texted SA again to see if they could tell if the car was at the SC yet, and they replied that the vehicle still has not arrived at the SC. Hopefully that means parts aren't an issue since it seems most of the vehicles missing things like the charge ports are already sitting on Tesla lots.

I'm in the exact same boat as you...weird. 243xxx, MSM/Black and delivery scheduled for the 24th but as of yesterday, my car had not made it to the service center. I have seen cars at the delivery center with the charging port taped that have been completed as well as newer cars show up without that issue, so i'm hoping we're good....but thats a hope and a guess.

They very well might be. The relationship between dealers and manufacturers is getting adversarial (if it hasn't always been so). After all, if dealers got laws on the books, then that suggests to me that the manufacturers were interested in end-running them from the start.

Ford may be creating its EV unit so that it can build it up with profits from its existing businesses and then spin it off as another Tesla. As a separate company, it may not be bound to the existing dealer contracts that the overall company is bound to.

I don't recall being told that, but I can well imagine that the longer people wait, the more likely they are to show up early for their appointment. With everyone doing that, it must really gum up the works in the delivery lobby area, making it impossible to know who should be helped and who is just standing around impatiently.

Hiline was asking you to put your order details into your forum signature so that everyone who sees any of your posts can connect the dots with your order. If you're posting from your phone you may not see that information unless you view the forum in landscape.
I mentioned my prior post because he said "something feels amiss here"

Christmas came one day early and looks like it’s coming for others too. 257 Vin, Matrix lights - people there are clueless why this is even a question. Michelin tires, gaps look good.

I would say the thing I’m most impressed with having now driven 25 miles is the sound. I had Bose systems in both of my Infinity’s and this is better. I really like the sound. And of course the silent but deadly speed. Auto pilot took 12 miles and was ready to engage. What did I miss?
C99F31CE-FB94-46F9-AB00-99918F6173F8.jpeg

Attachments

• 648493F3-A631-46E7-B30F-EFE278697BDF.jpeg
    648493F3-A631-46E7-B30F-EFE278697BDF.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 75
Sent a text to the basic # about my delivery coming up.
Asked about amd chip, headlights, and if it had the ECU or not.

AMD was a yes which I figure every car has now.

Headlights: I was told it has "Global headlights, which bring projector headlamps".. no idea what that means, I assume the worst and that's not matrix?

ECU: they dodged the question which is concerning, just said it's in transit and will undergo inspect once it arrives.
Global = Matrix

Christmas came one day early and looks like it’s coming for others too. 257 Vin, Matrix lights - people there are clueless why this is even a question. Michelin tires, gaps look good.

I would say the thing I’m most impressed with having now driven 25 miles is the sound. I had Bose systems in both of my Infinity’s and this is better. I really like the sound. And of course the silent but deadly speed. Auto pilot took 12 miles and was ready to engage. What did I miss?
View attachment 806234
Where is this picture taken at?