Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got assigned a vin just now- older # - 2364XX. I texted the SA number and they said they “reviewed this vehicle and believe it has the matrix headlights”. I asked two follow up questions, asking what the build date was and why the older vin number, whether it was rejected or affected by the charge port. Response back was that ‘the build month was 4/2022 but don't have visibility to anything beyond that.’. So most likely either a charge port affected car, which would be no big deal if fixed, or a rejected car, which if that is the case would be a bummer.
DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT until you have confirmation they have the car on the lot and the inspection has been completed. I'm going through a nightmare right now with Tesla, it's ridiculous.

I was just reading on a Tesla Facebook group that you can request Matrix headlight to be installed later if you're given the old ones. The poster even shared screens showing the conversation and appointment information. He insisted on it while calling the main 800 number and they agreed his car should have them and they'll be adding them during his service appointment.

Just to add I have a very old car 22 years old 190k miles. I was trying to see if I could squeeze another year out of her because I will get a big pay increase then. However I have been paying attention to the car Market and clearly it is very hard to get a new car off the lot and the used market is very overpriced as such. So I ordered now that way in a few months I'll be all set. There was a saying I used to see at a doctors it said " lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part"
Same here. Car
I guess the heart of my frustration, perhaps some overly idealistic or dramatic points aside, comes down to the fact that I'm challenging the bold notion. My EDD has not been visibly adjusted based on any new data (or new uncertainty) about the charge port. It is simply on an automated Today+4 system that updates every morning exactly at 10AM ET.

"Estimated" doesn't mean "Guaranteed," but it also shouldn't mean "Random."
I am imagining USPS is like “Um yeah, we got those in the back room. We plan to get them on a truck today so they’ll be there sometime in the next 4 days.” Then there goes your EDD…

• Funny
Reactions: jpaychek
Anyone besides me ever order a Tesla without ever even sitting in one? My dad would be shaking his head at me in disgust.
I did, haha.

I didn't buy it for the performance though - we're at the tail end of early EV adoption, and Tesla is the only mature EV company.
Every other EV will have teething issues to work out. Polestars having their batteries die, Volvo's with glitchy software, Ford with inconsistent/broken charging stations.

TL;DR a bigger battery isn't gonna help you if you can't get rid of weight, as well as having low Cd, good friction, and not having excessive parts/weight in plumbing.

I did, haha.

I didn't buy it for the performance though - we're at the tail end of early EV adoption, and Tesla is the only mature EV company.
Every other EV will have teething issues to work out. Polestars having their batteries die, Volvo's with glitchy software, Ford with inconsistent/broken charging stations.

TL;DR a bigger battery isn't gonna help you if you can't get rid of weight, as well as having low Cd, good friction, and not having excessive parts/weight in plumbing.
I've watched a bunch of Sandy Munro videos. He's extremely knowledgeable.

I've researched it for years. I feel like I just know I'll like it. With the way things are right now if I don't like it I could sell it and recover my money. I do plan to trade it in on a cybertruck.
Oooh fancy. I don't think I'll get a cybertruck but maybe in the future I'll get one of the SUVs if their build quality improves.

I've wanted a Model 3 since it came out since that's the only Tesla vehicle that I could afford, but I knew it was still expensive and I set a salary target for myself for taking the plunge. I hit it at the beginning of the year and after a few months of hesitation due to the attachment I felt with my current car, I ordered a Model 3. Only wish I hadn't hesitated haha.

Got assigned a vin just now- older # - 2364XX. I texted the SA number and they said they “reviewed this vehicle and believe it has the matrix headlights”. I asked two follow up questions, asking what the build date was and why the older vin number, whether it was rejected or affected by the charge port. Response back was that ‘the build month was 4/2022 but don't have visibility to anything beyond that.’. So most likely either a charge port affected car, which would be no big deal if fixed, or a rejected car, which if that is the case would be a bummer.
Edited to add- confirmed Michelin tires as well. Didnt care as much about that but nice to have . . .
FWIW, I think many of us on this forum have concluded that there’s not a lot of decipherable connection between VIN numbers and build date. I think we’ve seen cars with ”early” build dates and high VINs, and “late” build dates and low VINs. For things like the matrix/global headlights, it really seems to be all about the build date.