Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can imagine the lack of coordination between corporate and dealership, but your original expected delivery date was December 2021 and now it is August 2022 at the earliest?

How did you get updates on your priority code?
correct, went from a Dec ‘21 delivery to an est Aug ‘22 delivery. Three factors played into this; 1. Supply chain constrains and numerous production stoppages due to this, 2. Ford started prioritizing more profitable GT versions and 3. Dealer allocation. I pulled my rez in Feb once I realized my car wasn’t coming until aug and ordered the M3 LR on 2/27.

Priority code is not published to the consumer, it’s internal to Ford. You have to ask your salesman for it and they will play dumb etc until you articulate that you know what it is. Then they will pass you off to the sales manager and he will tell you it’s not an important #…. Except everyone on the forums knows you dont get a build date until your code is down to 10.

Good times…

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
I'm in FL ( Tampa Bay) and I'm in the exact same boat. My EDD updated this morning to 5/20-5/24. No updates, no insight, no nothing! My best guess is that our SC's are waiting for these ECUs and they will reach out to schedule delivery as soon as the parts land. I can't image the charge port ECUs being a lengthy install. They keep giving us these generic "Car will need to be inspected once it arrives", but I think "inspection" means, they need to install these parts really quick lol. Unfortunately we are at their mercy, and I'm sure we all have very old VINS by now (Mine is 237XXX).
Like clockwork my EDD moves 1 more day everyday. My VIN is 2411xx.

Reactions: jpaychek
I don't know man, I'm not paying this kind of money for already outdated stuff that I'm stuck with for 5+ years.

Also, my SA told me releasing a VIN does not move you in line. At my location at least, priority is always determined by order date. I specifically told him I will refuse any VIN with the old headlights and he said not to worry.
Is there a threshold to look for in your vin to determine?

Got this bad boy installed today. Now I just need a car to charge

Attachments

• 4CF10771-90CA-4D21-B6C4-18FD99A1033D.jpeg
    4CF10771-90CA-4D21-B6C4-18FD99A1033D.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 76
Got the trade-in offer text today on Day 75. Hopefully VIN is soon.
For reference I got my trade in text Monday and VIN today
I've seen many say there really is no correlation between the trade in text and getting your vin soon, however I'll also add that I got my trade-in text on Saturday and got my vin on Tuesday.

I found out this morning that our Tesla had the premium headlights and not the matrix headlights. I called Tesla to tell them we were going to decline delivery of the car and he said that was okay but I would be put at the end of the line again and it would be Aug - Nov before I saw a car. So sad. I asked if they would return my cash and he said they would. Now I kinda wished I hadn't sold my car on Monday. Hope someone here who is okay with the premium lights gets the VIN soon!

OD 2/27 | MSMLR | Black | 18" wheel | No FSD |

Is there a threshold to look for in your vin to determine?
From many posts i've seen in this thread... it seems like there was a many cars being built with the vin in the early 240xxx-ish range (maybe even the late 230xxx-ish) that seemed to have the old headlights due to shortages, but then seems like the supply caught up and matrix headlights were back on cars around the late 240xxx-ish to 250xxx-ish range. I could be totally wrong though?

Reactions: jpaychek