Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is my 3 month OD anniversary. 90 days and still no VIN.
No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!
Come on Tesla get this man a Vin !!! Its well overdue…. My goldfish says next 48 hrs you‘ll get a vin 🤞

Nothing that’s been reported here. I’m with you on the delay of VIN assigned cars. One poster has a VIN since April 25th with the car sitting at the SC. Another poster just picked up a car with a 237XXX VIN. It was very dusty from sitting on the lot but passed all visual inspections. It‘s either charge port modules are rarer than hen’s teeth or grossly mismanaged SC’s.
Given the wired mobile connector has been out of stock for a very long time (super fast sell outs when they show up), it could be chips for these kind of products aren’t available.
I noticed a few taped over charge ports at the Richmond, VA service center... they looked like they had been sitting there for a while.

Woke up to a VIN! 260xxx, it’s feeling real now!!!
updated delivery date - June 6th-June 9th.
OD: 3/4 LR, white, black interior, aero, no FSD EDD: May 24th - June 21st EDD2: May 30th - June 13th Pickup: Paramus, NJ
I know the feeling! I’m two weeks out from my proposed pickup date (they estimated June 6th 🤞) and love the light at the end of the tunnel. Cost me $75 to fill up my car and that’s a weekly occurrence. Soon I’m gonna need to figure out what to do with the extra money each month 😝

Reactions: Tizzy and jpaychek
Today is my 3 month OD anniversary. 90 days and still no VIN.
No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!
Can't believe we still have orders from Feb sitting around without a vin and then I see people in late march getting their cars.

For sure. But applying hurts your score up front, but it falls off fairly quickly less than 30 days in most cases. I appreciate your comments though.
When I did a financing application with Tesla (silly me for hurting my credit so early), one of the SAs in chat switched me out of financing and put me in cash (and the app for me says to complete my tasks to avoid delivery delays and is asking me to pay $50k for my M3 prior to delivery). I asked through the phone number by text if that truly hurts my delivery date and they said to ignore it, nothing is due until delivery. Since then, I kept it there and my EDD seemingly got pulled from far away.

It only brought me down 6 points and I guess for getting approved for financing it gave my points back (assumption) or I paid my credit card bill recently and earned points for it.

I’ve been wondering about this. To what extent does failure to complete delivery tasks really affect your delivery date?
I have no idea. If people are applying for financing and/or trading in a vehicle, both of those go through thorough inspection by a team online. It took three days for me to get an offer for my Camry, while my financing application took about an hour. Perhaps that's why it says to do those to avoid delays, but that's just my experience from doing post-VIN stuff way too early.

My EDD got pushed back a month yesterday and is now 8/19-9/30 😬 Oh well, more time to obsess over which floor mats to buy.

Also, does anyone know any reason why Tesla doesn't have acceleration boost as an option in the online confgurator? I don't understand why you can purchase FSD as an option but not AB, they are both software enabled features. I think it would be nice to have it preinstalled and ready to go when I pick up the car but It's not the worst thing I suppose since I can use my CC and get some skymiles for it.
Maybe they don't want to make it there to prevent cannibalizing M3P sales.

I bought my floor mats from Tesla. Was just wondering if anyone would know is it bad to keep them rolled up in the box until the car comes in? Or should I unbox and unroll them. Assuming my car needs at least another month or 2
I unboxed them, unrolled them, put items on the edges so they would lay flat, and put them in a spare bedroom with the windows open to air them out.

You need to think of your credit score. Reapplying hurts. There is plenty of time between a VIN assignment and pickup date. Tesla’s SA have always said to select Cash, then switch to finance upon assignment.
For sure. But applying hurts your score up front, but it falls off fairly quickly less than 30 days in most cases(the score hit atleast). I appreciate your comments though.

For sure. But applying hurts your score up front, but it falls off fairly quickly less than 30 days in most cases(the score hit atleast). I appreciate your comments though.
So, just got off the phone with Tesla and what I was told for what its worth is that the rates went up in general ( we are all well aware) and that they dont give basically a $0 down option by default which is what I had before - the previous amount needed up front was taxes+registration only. They can request increased financing, but that's their only option from an SA currently. I don't feel like I was getting the run around via the SA I spoke to based on the conversation.

Just FYI folks for data points - lesson learned here to set your own expectations, get the financing when you're very close to delivery date with VIN in hand. I made the mistake of not setting my own expectation by doing cash and switching to loan later. I'm sure you're all well aware at this point - rates on everything are very volatile at this point.

I'm still boggled over how a 0.47% increase bubbled up into almost 4x on the cash needed up front...This math doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Maric