Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m running out of accessories to buy….
  • Jack pucks
  • Center console organizer
  • 3D Spyder floor mats
  • Wheel nut and hub covers
  • Screen protector
  • Roof sunshade
  • Rear seat pet protector
  • Performance foot pedals
Anything else I might be missing?
Some of the stuff mentioned might not be as useful, but ofcourse everyone has different usecases and interests.

The very must thing is matte screen protector. I got spigen from amazon, as they have by far the best quality and easiest installation. Also center console tray from either Tesla or amazon (basenor).
If you live in a wet/snowy area then mudflaps and 3d maxpider interior mats are must too. I got both of these from rpmtesla.
^ This stuff should be day 1 (except the floor mats, you can wait a few days or a week or so for them). Also get jackpads on day 1 if you live in an area with less experienced Tesla car shops. The reason to get jackpads day 1 is so you can pop them out and leave them outside for a week to get that atrocious smell out of them.

After that, I would suggest getting cheaper trunk and frunk mats from amazon (I got bomley which comes with the trunk/lower trunk and frunk set. Its cheap and works fine). If Tesla is your first car, I would also suggest getting Invisible Glass (aerosol) kit for windshield cleaning and Aero Wash wax all for spot cleaning the exterior for things like bugs/bird poop.

After that, you can get things as needed. I ended up getting a trunk hook for groceries and cup holder. They work great.

P.S: One thing which people always ignore is the model3/modely key fob from Tesla. That thing is a game changer. It is a bit expensive i.e 185$ I think, but well worth the money. You can lock/unlock car, and open trunk, frunk and charge port with it. A total game changer. It has both proximity signal thing like a phone and also physical buttons to take care of everything. Not to mention the best looking Fob I have ever seen. Get it, and you wont regret it. If you do decide to get the fob, grab a cheap fob cover from amazon. Despite how great the fob is, it has no key ring, and you could easy drop it.

I'm starting to notice from reading all these posts that a lot of orders here are getting new EDDs of 4 weeks that range from early-to-mid June into early-to-mid July. Most of them are March orders, and mine is from late April. I'm guessing April is also part of the Q2 push or something? Having yet to hear from other April ODs on their current EDDs.

I bought my floor mats from Tesla. Was just wondering if anyone would know is it bad to keep them rolled up in the box until the car comes in? Or should I unbox and unroll them. Assuming my car needs at least another month or 2
The instructions tell you to unroll them upon receipt. I took mine outside in the sun for an hour (90 degrees out) and they laid perfectly flat. I’m storing them on top of my kennel cage until my car come in.

Today is my 3 month OD anniversary. 90 days and still no VIN.
No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!

No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!
Plus in Florida when hurricane season hits and the lines to get gas is outrageous and you'll arrive and find no gas. Getting an electric vehicle in Florida saves sanity. Gas prices keep rising here, and I just had to fill up my car yesterday.

I almost ran out of gas coming home back from my Tesla dealer, and started raging at myself for having an ICE.

Is there more to the southeast story than "charge ports"? It doesn't seem possible how people with confirmed VINs could be going on 2-3 weeks without an accurate delivery date, given that we know the part is being installed in new cars and people in the same region are receiving deliveries despite later VIN reception dates.

Just seems really weird - there hasn't been ANYTHING approximating an update, let alone a transparent one, in over a full week.
Nothing that’s been reported here. I’m with you on the delay of VIN assigned cars. One poster has a VIN since April 25th with the car sitting at the SC. Another poster just picked up a car with a 237XXX VIN. It was very dusty from sitting on the lot but passed all visual inspections. It‘s either charge port modules are rarer than hen’s teeth or grossly mismanaged SC’s.
Given the wired mobile connector has been out of stock for a very long time (super fast sell outs when they show up), it could be chips for these kind of products aren’t available.

That's the first I've seen of a large increase in the down payment. Four times makes no sense. Have you considered other lenders? Also, it's usually best to move your order to Cash once your financing expires and then have your SA change it once you receive your VIN.
You need to think of your credit score. Reapplying hurts. There is plenty of time between a VIN assignment and pickup date. Tesla’s SA have always said to select Cash, then switch to finance upon assignment.

Reactions: Maric and Junior86
Plus in Florida when hurricane season hits and the lines to get gas is outrageous and you'll arrive and find no gas. Getting an electric vehicle in Florida saves sanity. Gas prices keep rising here, and I just had to fill up my car yesterday.

I almost ran out of gas coming home back from my Tesla dealer, and started raging at myself for having an ICE.
While I’m not hoping for that 😝, you‘ve got a good point. Can you imagine how much higher the gas prices will shoot if a major storm hits and disrupts production? 😩.

Reactions: Teleezen

I think your area’s wave is coming soon. Big push for east of the Mississippi River now with a swing back to the West Coast coming up in the next couple of weeks. Hang in there. 90 days is the golden number so Tesla will text soon.