Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit I am getting mildly annoyed. I don’t know how you Feb and January folks hanging around have held up. I’ve kept a fairly joking attitude about the whole process but as someone who has never bought a car off the lot and has done the order and wait game many times before, there’s something about this one that is just… maybe I miss tracking ships from Germany or knowing each stop my Jeep took on the train to its destination. Mind you, my EDD has been fairly steady lol. Just… a vent.
Mid January order and just got my car on Wednesday! I did not hold up, lol. I actually bought another car back in April because I felt hopeless, stopped tracking the Tesla, but when I got the text notification, I couldn't say NO.

I'm honestly wondering if all these people switching from the basic model to the lr3 are gonna start to hurt/ impact our delivery times?
ZZ118 Hmmmm... I sure hope not!! I'm going to tag you on this Tesla journey:) You're the closest OD I've seen and I'm from NJ
Let's hope sooner than later.
OD: 5/17 M#/White/White/18" no FSD. EDD June/August EDD#2 Sept. 8-Oct. 20

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118
I’d rather be doing this waiting for more suspense on delivery day than having to go to the dealer myself. Hoping I’ll have it delivered home instead of picking up, because getting from my house to the dealer is pain.
We have people here that are having to fly to the closest SC, others driving 5+ hours. I think you'll be ok battling a little south Florida traffic. 😅

I have been think of changing to a P but it seems I’m really close to the end of my wait….🤔
I have so been toying with changing to a P also. It looks awesome but about a $8k delta from the LR and I’ll probably do AB also. The only thing preventing me is the wheels/tires and potential issue with potholes. California roses suck because of reduced gas tax revenue from all the EVs on the road. Unintended consequences in action.

I have so been toying with changing to a P also. It looks awesome but about a $8k delta from the LR and I’ll probably do AB also. The only thing preventing me is the wheels/tires and potential issue with potholes. California roses suck because of reduced gas tax revenue from all the EVs on the road. Unintended consequences in action.
That’s what is stopping me also. The freeways I commute on are horrible with potholes. Especially the 15 fwy

Ha!
You must've missed my post bragging about how EDD #12 came in this morning!
Oh Come On!
550D7F05-70FA-4679-A97E-282B2E849E63.gif

• Funny
Reactions: T-J- and SCTes1aMan
For those in SoCal, do the current Teslas qualify for the carpool sticker. Someone told me they did not think so. Carpooling and the ever increasing gas prices was what finally made me order a Tesla. It would suck if I can't carpool alone. :confused: SoCal traffic sucks.
I asked already and we get a three year sticker that started January 1st of this year so we already have lost 6 months of use

and there is a company that makes magnets for the HOV stickers so you don’t stick on to the paint just have to remember to take them off if you are not using them so nobody steals them..

Reactions: Acocpuff and at714
For those in SoCal, do the current Teslas qualify for the carpool sticker. Someone told me they did not think so. Carpooling and the ever increasing gas prices was what finally made me order a Tesla. It would suck if I can't carpool alone. :confused: SoCal traffic sucks.
According to the state Air Resources Board’s website, Teslas are eligible for the carpool lane sticker. I hope that remains the case!

I asked already and we get a three year sticker that started January 1st of this year so we already have lost 6 months of use

and there is a company that makes magnets for the HOV stickers so you don’t stick on to the paint just have to remember to take them off if you are not using them so nobody steals them..
Wow, I guess three years is better than nothing. Thanks.

Reactions: at714 and HektikBob