Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As predicted, EDD 12 came today. I have so many EDD's, that I have to keep finding creative ways to update my signature due to the signature length restriction.
Anyway....current EDD is May 31 - June 13. If I don't get a VIN today or tomorrow, I'm guessing I'll make it to June 1, and then EDD #13 will come along.

Just filled up the ICE car again yesterday. Keep thinking "this is the last time...
West coast orders are coming they have too. I also keep thinking when it’s going to be my last fill up at the tank can’t take much more of this 6 dollars a gallon

I'm getting a little nervous with my delivery date! Got VIN last week and text today saying car has departed factory and is on its way to delivery center (Minneapolis - a four hour drive from home since they won't deliver to Des Moines). Of course, my EDD has continued to shrink to the dates I'm on vacation :(. EDD has remained June 8-12 and I'm gone 9 thru 12. From what I've understood, when you get the delivery text you only get to choose from an even smaller window. Has anyone had success with delaying 1 day? I'm panicking!

It appears I lost my title for the youngest OD. Welcome. In the next three months, we’ll be panicking over delivery.

I'm sure I won't hold the crown long!

I'm not panicking.... yet. Really hoping for all the good stuff (matrix lights, Ryzan, heated wipers, Michelins) but nothing is really a deal breaker, just want to never hit a gas station again. Also, now that the weather is warming up I'll be riding the Harley to work so that will help. I'm sure the panicking will come with time though lol.

Does anyone know if you find out prior to delivery that your car does not have the Matrix headlights and want to reject it, do you have to wait until the delivery time or can you reject it earlier.
I would imagine you could reject it but you would be taking the word of the SA on it not having matrix and most of us only believe a small amount of what they tell you.

In California, Tesla's Superchargers cost $0.58/kWh during peak hours. If we equate a 300 Wh/mi Model 3 to a 30 mpg sedan (based on vehicle price point, not drive chain efficiency), that Supercharger rate is roughly equivalent to $5.22/gallon of gas. Tesla is either trying to make a bucket of money or discourage people from using Superchargers daily.

It's California private utilities (The most profitable and the most greedy in the country) which are trying to make a bucket of money. The high rates have been going completely crazy. You can see the rates they charge for large commercial service online. There is a maximum per month kW demand charge (which residential doesn't pay) which can dominate the bills. A supercharger station at full capacity will equal a major factory or installation.

look at SDGE:

This is getting off topic a bit. Let's say 20 superchargers with 250 kw (accounting for losses), so at max demand that's 5 megawatts.

at secondary voltage basic fee is $766.91, plus maybe $37.46*5000 = $187,000 before they have bought a single bit of electricity, which looks like 0.20 at summer peak.

Does a supercharger station get $250k in revenue per monthly? Seems unlikely. An average bill might be $20, so are there 12,500 customers per month? Seems very unlikely.

Definitely, although some recent VINs not having the matrix lights may make it a little more difficult. I just wouldn't want to reject a car unless I was absolutely sure a feature was missing.
I posted in the Matrix light discussion about someone who rejected their VIN got pushed back to September/October. Pickup was Fremont. So they probably put them at the bottom of the list as they know the reason why it was rejected lol

I'm sure I won't hold the crown long!

I'm not panicking.... yet. Really hoping for all the good stuff (matrix lights, Ryzan, heated wipers, Michelins) but nothing is really a deal breaker, just want to never hit a gas station again. Also, now that the weather is warming up I'll be riding the Harley to work so that will help. I'm sure the panicking will come with time though lol.
Same, but all the super chargers around me are at gas stations haha

• Funny
Reactions: jpaychek
Just went to the FLL dealer again (if you were also there, you were lucky to see me in a white Toyota RAV4), and the lot was packed in the front and back. I also saw some really sick wraps that I would share photos of but for the owner’s privacy won’t do so. It was a pretty nice silver, much like the old Highlander’s silver.

I’d say there were plenty of MY and MXs, with some M3s here and there. There were also more parked in weird places, probably because of overcrowding. I saw a few RWDs (easily identifiable if they don’t say Dual Motor in the back) and Ps (easily identifiable with the überturbine wheels)

I asked one of the SAs there about my EDD and he said that I shouldn’t rely too much on it since it fluctuates quite a lot. True, if you see my sig. I’m at a streak of 3 with these “new EDD per 5 days”, so I will await June 1st. There were plenty of people at the dealer as well happy with their Teslas. I will soon be one of them, leaving with an M3 and not a RAV4/Camry.

Reactions: TSLone and jpaychek