Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to see a bunch of Californians with first/second week of March ODs getting their VINs and delivery dates in the next week or so. I'm 3/17 OD, have June 1 - June 15 EDD at the moment (of which I'm nearly through my second day of), but no VIN and am increasingly nervous that if CA deliveries are happening near the end of the quarter, does that mean WA deliveries, being farther from CA, are definitely going to slip into Q3?

Some words of encouragement? Anyone near WA with an OD in mid-March have a VIN yet? Any config?

I have been contemplating it. I feel like $10 a month is really nothing... but wasn't sure if it's worth getting this or just using my cell as a hotspot and using the wifi? Not sure if there are pros and cons of both... not sure if any features would be missing if just using the hotspot/wifi method?

Anybody know? Anybody have opinions? etc
I'm definitely going to get it. Here's the standard and premium includes all of standard as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220602-131201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220602-131201_Chrome.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20220602-131228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220602-131228_Chrome.jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 58
To anyone concerned about the trade-in text, that's apparently an automated thing. It doesn't seem to correlate with any other activity on an order.
Do you think if you choose to pay cash (in full) for your Tesla that pushes your delivery up? i'm paying cash and my delivery date went from January 8th to August 31st.
I don't recall a bunch of people saying anything about being pushed up after a change. Lots of people made that change after finding out that financing terms would expire long before their car arrived, so they switched to cash with the understanding that they'd switch back to financing once they were assigned a VIN. Chalk it up to scheduling randomness. Your dates are so far out that I doubt Tesla has a solid grasp of when your order might be filled.
Some words of encouragement?
On the one hand, your order was for mid-March with two upgrades, your current EDD is for this quarter, and west coast VINs are starting to arrive.

On the other hand, the first EDD is usually accurate, and yours calls for a delivery next quarter.

On the other other hand, this is Tesla so who knows? (for science fiction geeks, this is the gripping hand; what really decides)

I'm starting to see a bunch of Californians with first/second week of March ODs getting their VINs and delivery dates in the next week or so. I'm 3/17 OD, have June 1 - June 15 EDD at the moment (of which I'm nearly through my second day of), but no VIN and am increasingly nervous that if CA deliveries are happening near the end of the quarter, does that mean WA deliveries, being farther from CA, are definitely going to slip into Q3?

Some words of encouragement? Anyone near WA with an OD in mid-March have a VIN yet? Any config?
Hopefully your 2 week window sticks :). Just for reference, I am fairly close to the factory (few hours away) with a 2 week window starting on the 9th. I haven't received a vin yet, but am hoping to receive one soon. Most likely thought I will receive a vin either next week or the following week with delivery a few days or day later.

Usually the dates will change either on or after the first day of your window. I see your on your second day so you should honestly be expecting soemthing to happen soon. Either a vin or maybe a good edd window

Reactions: Pryze
Go to cash regardless. If you want to finance it, specify that after you get your VIN. To be honest, I didn't think they started handing out EDDs and such until all the preliminary steps had been completed.
Hmm.. well I had it financed and then the 60 day time period went by.. ironically that's the same day my EDD pushed... I just selected Cash. Let's see what happens... if this was holding up a VIN I'm going to be pissed.

Hmm.. well I had it financed and then the 60 day time period went by.. ironically that's the same day my EDD pushed... I just selected Cash. Let's see what happens... if this was holding up a VIN I'm going to be pissed.
Just spoke with Tesla - they said that edd’s are no longer based on task completion. It’s now based on order date.