Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you still want a Model Y, there are sometimes people who sell a reservation with the old price so you can save some money and get your vehicle sooner. FYI.
I think the problem is scalping when it comes to that. If trading is also a thing (which I never heard about in TMC), then surely. I think the problem though is how much the loan will be. I’d be choking myself with a $900 loan and I only have a part-time.

I think the problem is scalping when it comes to that. If trading is also a thing (which I never heard about in TMC), then surely. I think the problem though is how much the loan will be. I’d be choking myself with a $900 loan and I only have a part-time.
between my wife and I we do about 6 different jobs, each of us have a dedicated full time, and the other ones are side gigs we do. :) Some months are tighter than others but we make it some how.

Reactions: jpaychek
There are definitely scalpers but most are people who legitimately wanted a car but changed their minds due to order lead time or due to changing circumstances. If you have a cash flow problem, then yes a Model Y would be quite expensive. You could also consider renting your car out on Turo if you're willing to take risk.

I dont think tesla allows this anymore, so if you see these, I doubt they go through.
They never officially allowed this, but SAs are often willing to let it fly. I have observed successful transfers as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

There are definitely scalpers but most are people who legitimately wanted a car but changed their minds due to order lead time or due to changing circumstances. If you have a cash flow problem, then yes a Model Y would be quite expensive. You could also consider renting your car out on Turo if you're willing to take risk.
If I do find an MY reservation, then maybe I’ll snag it. I have a RAV4 from 2017 that only has 32k miles on it and definitely gives more value than my Camry, which TIL has 2 reported accidents (I bought it used).

I just stopped by the service center and walked around (pretending like I belonged there) to see where my car was on the lot. Couldn't find it, so I assumed it was inside the facility.

Out of curiosity, I asked to see if I could "change my delivery from delivery to pick-up" and to see if they would show me the car but was told "we cannot let you see the car before your appointment" - I wonder why... lol

Reactions: T-J-
For somebody who works only part time, you are quite the car enthusiast ;)
It appears so, I should be spending on tuition instead. I think the M3 for now is the way to go, even if it’s not for my size. I test drove the MY and M3 and I got excited in my MY test drive even though I have an M3 order. Maybe in 3 years I’ll have a better job after college and ascend to the MY :p

Reactions: jpaychek
It appears so, I should be spending on tuition instead. I think the M3 for now is the way to go, even if it’s not for my size. I test drove the MY and M3 and I got excited in my MY test drive even though I have an M3 order. Maybe in 3 years I’ll have a better job after college and ascend to the MY :p
If you own 2 cars and have a Model 3 incoming while a college student, you will certainly go places after college!

Reactions: Guy Maughan
If you own 2 cars and have a Model 3 incoming while a college student, you will certainly go places after college!
Just remember, it’s still 2 after the M3. The RAV4 will be traded in for the M3, and the Camry was traded in for the Highlander (I determined driving the Highlander is good for large trips because doing 2 1-hour stops for charging is painful). I do quite a lot of traveling, so both vehicles come in handy for different trips.

Though looks like the weekend won’t be great for traveling. We’re battling a tropical storm now.

For a big guy like me, the size of the Model 3 is an instant regret ordering it. I once hit my head and realized how short it is compared to my Camry. Definitely will take a long time to get used to.
How tall are you? (I'm 6'5" and felt like the 3 was more than enough. I'd prefer the S, but my wife is pregnant everytime I turn around so I'm running out of money)

How tall are you? (I'm 6'5" and felt like the 3 was more than enough. I'd prefer the S, but my wife is pregnant everytime I turn around so I'm running out of money)
6’2”. I have to duck my head every time I get in because of a visible height difference between my Camry and the M3. I just think SUVs and maybe even pickup trucks work for my size. Might trade in the highlander for the Cybertruck sometime soon lol

6’2”. I have to duck my head every time I get in because of a visible height difference between my Camry and the M3. I just think SUVs and maybe even pickup trucks work for my size. Might trade in the highlander for the Cybertruck sometime soon lol
Wonder if you can trade in 2 for 1. Model 3 + Highlander consolidate into a Cybertruck!!!

Thanks everyone for all the information along the way. Got this beauty today. No issues and matrix headlights and Michelin tires. 88 days from order to delivery.
IMG_9366.jpeg