Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To everyone new here, let me tell you what I've learned over the 100 days it took from OD to VIN for me:
1. Your first EDD is most likely the most accurate.
2. East coast deliveries happen in the first few months of a quarter. West coast happens in the last month of the quarter.
3. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a HUGE surge in ordering starting in March due to gas prices.
4. Yes, there will be crazy exceptions to 1-3 above. Typically this is due to a cancelled order or refused delivery.
5. You may or may not get the "matrix" headlights.
6. You will get the Ryzen chip.
7. I personally haven't seen any difference in delivery priority for FSD over non-FSD.
8. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
9. Don't bother asking an SA for more info than what's in your app.
10. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
11. Ordering accessories while you wait for your car can help ease the pain.
12. I hope none of you beat my 14 EDD dates.

To everyone new here, let me tell you what I've learned over the 100 days it took from OD to VIN for me:
2. East coast deliveries happen in the first few months of a quarter. West coast happens in the last month of the quarter.
3. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a HUGE surge in ordering starting in March due to gas prices.
4. Yes, there will be crazy exceptions to 1-3 above. Typically this is due to a cancelled order or refused delivery.
7. I personally haven't seen any difference in delivery priority for FSD over non-FSD.
8. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
10. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
13. Orders for delivery in Cleveland (previously Akron) are prioritized and shipped underground via Elon's The Borning Company for speedy transit. You'll take delivery within days of ordering if you choose this location.

And no, nothing I wrote above is remotely true. 🤣

Good list TJ!

“For safety and security, we do not disclose vehicle location while in transit. We can state that your vehicle is on track for your delivery window of June 7 - June 11.”

I’ll take it.
Not surprising because I was shocked that they had given that info out previously but like everything else it's who you talk to.

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
I've been lurking for awhile, but my question is SoCal one of the last locations to get final EDD updates due to the close proximity to the Fremont factory?

Just an observation of seeing East Coast and Mid West getting VINs with similar builds and order dates

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10
Sooner or later they will make their way to Temecula....!

Hope this won’t hurt production. Also I’m hoping current employees that run risk of lay off can recover quickly. This is terrible news for everyone
Elon is claiming that it won't be a problem.

1654356916536.png

13. Your confidence in anything an SA has to say wanes with the length of your wait and learnings that come from hanging out here.

I'm posting my "public service announcement" about signatures and the spreadsheet once a week. Would you like me to include this information in the weekly repost?

Elon is claiming that it won't be a problem.

View attachment 812561
It could backfire with losing talented software engineering staff.... Amazon and Microsoft are already pouncing to recruit Tesla employees

After a few weeks of pondering, finally decided to switch to the M3P this morning.. I was able to change the design on the website (there is no link posted on the account page, but I found a url to take you to the edit design page). I was going to get acceleration boost on the LR anyway, so with them holding M3P pricing from time of order was only a $5k increase (still $4k less than ordering a M3P today). I was worried about ride and potholes as my main reason for not going performance, then I saw some posts from people who just changed wheels/tires after they had their first incident.. Still waiting for a revised EDD, hoping it doesn’t push out, but semi-confident it will pull in..

moving to the M3P waiting room, but will keep popping back here to see how my SoCal MSM siblings fare with their deliveries…

I can't remember if I have posted all of my recent updates, so for educational purposes...here goes.
OD 3/8
EDD MAY (3/8)
EDD May 29-June 27 (3/8) after order complete
EDD June 7-14 (5/20)
VIN 251 (5/29)
Text leaving the factory (5/31)
EDD June 9-16 (6/1)
EDD June 9-15(6/2)
Text to schedule delivery 3 days available (6/4)
I had no movement at all for months, now everything seems to be moving at lightning speed.
Indy pickup.

I know this probably belongs in a different thread, and I created one in “M3 Interior / Exterior” but haven’t received any replies yet. Since I recently received “delivery” I’m going to see if the mods will let this stay here. 😊 I cleaned my windshield with invisible glass for the first time last night and now I noticed some weird film on the windshield. I’ve never had problems with that stuff before. Anyone else have this problem yet?

You can add me in
The message is just something that gets posted to this thread weekly. There's no need to subscribe.
This place needs a “sticky” with this stuff and the signature post or something for sure.
Something calling people's attention to it would be nice, but I can't think of a method that would push it in people's face if the only thing they do is visit this thread. Well, other than reposting the information regularly. I doubt most people are even bothering to skim the posts that are in the thread (so many of 'em) and just look at replies to their own posts.