Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple comments after a short day of driving around:

Like most fellow graduates - I really love this car! Hankook tires would not have been my choice - but these appear to be all-seasons (which I prefer for NW climate) and very low road noise - even on rough concrete which is common around here. It will be interesting to see how they wear - I intend to put a few miles on them this summer and fall.

I confirm Ryzen processor, matrix headlights, heated wiper park zone and the portable power connector. I haven’t checked the low voltage battery yet.

Autopilot became functional after about 12 miles of driving - they seem to have been able to reduce the camera calibration time. So far I am only using TACC and will not experiment with steering assist or FSD until I master more of the car.

Unfortunately I do not have access to home charging yet (multi-family building) - maybe installation of something at home may be possible before winter months ahead. I already have mapped out many frequent destinations with AC level 2 facilities and will rely on superchargers when needed. My goal to start is to arrive home with at least 30% SOC for summer months unless I am planning for an out of town trip.

The only accessories I have ordered so far: a front sunshade by Heather’s Original HeatShield - I had one for my previous car and was happy they custom make one for M3. It arrived today (2 days even without amazon)

A spare tire kit by Modern Spare - I do not want to be stranded with a flat...I probably will only have it in the trunk on longer road trips.

And a Samsung T7 SSD 500GB for Sentry and media storage - BestBuy had it cheap here.

I will wait on others until get some miles in.

Thanks to all who posted here - It really helped me to prepare for delivery day and get through the excruciating wait. I am glad this initial phase is over!
Thanks! All helpful information

So, I'm scheduled for pickup at 10am on the 7th. I never got a text stating that my car had left Fremont. Does everyone get this text or is this something for those that are being shipped via rail?
Due to my location, it's delivered via car carrier from Fremont to my local Tesla SC.
I only got a text from my SA saying Vin had come and that I’d get a call from corporate to go over the final details like insurance and payment. I got my loan through DCU so was able to give them the tracking for the check and upload my insurance. Insurance is $90 a month but I’m an old man so that helped.

What’s your config/latest EDD? If all your tasks are complete it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect the date to be getting closer now? Unfortunately @Not That M3 switched to M3P so we no longer have that data point for Austin.
My latest just says Jul-Oct. It updated 14 of May and it hasn’t since. I feel like they have forgotten about me hahaha. I check the encoded vin site and nothing pops up as well. So I’m just a sitting duck. 🦆 my order was White/White/Aero/No FSD. I’m thinking it’s maybe because I have a very common order? I’m not sure. I’m trying to find people from Texas here but everyone is from good ole CA. 🥲

Graduated today! Delivery experience was mostly smooth. Although the one SA that originally saw me for delivery tried to convince me that they don’t let customers inspect the vehicle before the delivery anymore (lmao). Of course convinced him otherwise, but as far as I can see there were actually zero quality issues! Only downside, which to me honestly isn’t a big deal, is the non-matrix headlights (263 vin).

March 18th order for me as well. My EDD window begins this Wednesday the 8th. Not having a VIN yet is killing me. I know I'll get my car eventually but I really hate waiting!

I installed my wall charger 3 weeks ago. 😆
It sucks but I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that ordered in March and have nothing yet. 😆 My delivery date was steady May 19-June 06 or something like that and as soon as May 14 hit it updated and it said July-Oct. I understand you with your wall charger cause I’ve been wanting to buy my all weather mats and screen protector and all these tesla accessories. 😂

I filled out several progressive quotes online since they insured my current car... when I called them to book it was $800 more a year! Now I am trying to scramble to fill out some quotes. Which company are people using? Located in NJ

My latest just says Jul-Oct. It updated 14 of May and it hasn’t since. I feel like they have forgotten about me hahaha. I check the encoded vin site and nothing pops up as well. So I’m just a sitting duck. 🦆 my order was White/White/Aero/No FSD. I’m thinking it’s maybe because I have a very common order? I’m not sure. I’m trying to find people from Texas here but everyone is from good ole CA. 🥲
About an hour ago my Austin order went from August-November to 6/7-6/13 with a 265### vin. LR/red/18”/FSD OD 3/11. Not sure it will hold.

I filled out several progressive quotes online since they insured my current car... when I called them to book it was $800 more a year! Now I am trying to scramble to fill out some quotes. Which company are people using? Located in NJ
Progressive gave me some weird online message about not being able to offer me insurance, although they insure the trucks for one of my businesses. They instead sent me to Gabi.com. From there they quoted a Nationwide policy at $94/month. I bumped up the numbers and ended up at $110 with a really solid policy. Esurance was also good with their offer in the $125 range.

Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
Graduated today! Delivery experience was mostly smooth. Although the one SA that originally saw me for delivery tried to convince me that they don’t let customers inspect the vehicle before the delivery anymore (lmao). Of course convinced him otherwise, but as far as I can see there were actually zero quality issues! Only downside, which to me honestly isn’t a big deal, is the non-matrix headlights (263 vin).
What did you say to change his mind? My delivery is in an hour and I'm sure they will tell me I can't see the car before accepting.

Anyone got ideas?