Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick look there says that ECUs are getting installed, but at least @canasion35 is still waiting.

He placed his order January 27 and the car has been waiting for an ECU since May 5. If I was a responsible individual at Tesla, I'd do something to thank people like that for their patience and tolerance.
Still waiting for an update here on my end! Called Tesla and they said we hope to have a good update for you COB today! Fingers crossed!!!!

Still waiting for an update here on my end! Called Tesla and they said we hope to have a good update for you COB today! Fingers crossed!!!!
And, as much as I hate the traditional car salesperson model, this is where it would be helpful.
You have a bunch of non-commissioned SA's that don't' do much except repeat what they see on a screen. If they were waiting for their paycheck because your car hasn't been delivered, I have a feeling they'd be on the phone with HQ getting an ECU shipped to them ASAP!
They don't have a reason to care about you. If you get pissed and leave, 10,000 others are waiting in line. Nobody along the path at Tesla has a "pain penalty" in regards to customer satisfaction.

And, as much as I hate the traditional car salesperson model, this is where it would be helpful.
You have a bunch of non-commissioned SA's that don't' do much except repeat what they see on a screen. If they were waiting for their paycheck because your car hasn't been delivered, I have a feeling they'd be on the phone with HQ getting an ECU shipped to them ASAP!
They don't have a reason to care about you. If you get pissed and leave, 10,000 others are waiting in line. Nobody along the path at Tesla has a "pain penalty" in regards to customer satisfaction.
Exactly!

There's a reason the dealership model has been thriving for decades despite all the hate it gets.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla gives up on their new delivery model and adopts the traditional dealership model in the future.

Reactions: T-J-
There's a reason the dealership model has been thriving for decades despite all the hate it gets.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla gives up on their new delivery model and adopts the traditional dealership model in the future.
It’s only thriving because that’s was the only legal option and the automakers didn’t dare challenge the dealer lobbies.

Until Tesla showed how direct sales could be done. Many automakers are now planning to downsize franchise dealers and reduce inventory and adopt a similar direct sales approach at least for their EVs.

As I was placing my order on 3/14, the estimated timeframe for an order was May. As soon as I submitted my order, my first EDD ended up being 8/19-10/14. A few weeks ago, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. EDD was end of May to end of June. I knew that was good since it would be about 3 months from OD. Then it slipped to July-Oct. This morning, Sept-Dec, which is the same as an order placed today. Seems pretty drastic. I'm not trading in a car, so I know it doesn't have anything to do with an offer needing renewed, which I've seen can be the problem in some cases. Hoping that once the ECU issue gets under control, it starts moving up. From thinking it would be May as I placed my order to hoping it will be here by the end of the year is a little frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: CEEV
As I was placing my order on 3/14, the estimated timeframe for an order was May. As soon as I submitted my order, my first EDD ended up being 8/19-10/14. A few weeks ago, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. EDD was end of May to end of June. I knew that was good since it would be about 3 months from OD. Then it slipped to July-Oct. This morning, Sept-Dec, which is the same as an order placed today. Seems pretty drastic. I'm not trading in a car, so I know it doesn't have anything to do with an offer needing renewed, which I've seen can be the problem in some cases. Hoping that once the ECU issue gets under control, it starts moving up. From thinking it would be May as I placed my order to hoping it will be here by the end of the year is a little frustrating.
OMG THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TOO! OD 03/18! All your order dates were the same as mine!

• Informative
Reactions: CEEV
Nothing is missing. That’s the crazy part about it. I called Tesla yesterday and they told me everything was good on my end and that i should be expecting a car this month and then i checked today and it said Sep-Dec

OD 3/18
White/White/Aero/No FSD
It might get better. My 6/4-6/14 window changed to August-November A couple weeks ago. Saturday, it changed to 6/7-6/13 with a VIN. No idea why or if it will hold. Also Austin.

OD 3/11 red/black/18”/FSD

It might get better. My 6/4-6/14 window changed to August-November A couple weeks ago. Saturday, it changed to 6/7-6/13 with a VIN. No idea why or if it will hold. Also Austin.

OD 3/11 red/black/18”/FSD
Yes, we see these strange hiccups where everyone's EDD gets pushed out to the heat death of the universe, then comes back in just as abruptly. Folks should just give it a week or so to see if it sticks. Like I said, just assume that Mr. Bean is in charge of the EDD computer and it will all make sense.

I'm noticing mine is a heck of a lot more responsive after getting a VIN today.

You just have to upload your current proof of insurance. Tesla does not have to be on policy yet.

Well I guessed correctly - VIN 271 In App. No text /emails yet. New EDD 6/23-27

Got my VIN in the app. 270XXX. No text yet.

OD :3/20 M3LR Red, Black interior 18"wheels, No FSD, NJ. EDD 6/14 to 6/28, VIN(6/6): 270XXXEDD EDD: 6/20 - 6/24

Same here, no texts or anything, just popped up in the app, same updated EDD. The first clue I had was the "Tesla would like to use bluetooth" notification when I started up the app.

I got that as well upon opening the app when I got the VIN text.

It turns out day 83 was vin day! 272xxx EDD narrowed to 6/19-6/23.
Well congrats to all that got vins but really getting frustrated that Ca is still getting pushed behind other states. Two hours from Fremont and seeing east coast getting VINs assigned with later OD than me is getting really old. Rates have gone up, gas close to $7.00 a gallon so it would be nice to get a little love in Calif. sorry I haven’t vented yet but I felt it was due.

Last edited:
Well congrats to all that got vins but really getting frustrated that Ca is still getting pushed behind other states. Two hours from Fremont and seeing east coast getting gin with OD after me is getting really old.
You're seeing that happen for exactly the reason you mentioned, that you're in Cali. They can get cars to you guys in a day or two. They're focusing now on the deliveries that will take more time. You're coming up shortly IMO. Remember this is all about the end of the quarter push.