Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my theory. Originally they thought they could get you in on the end of the quarter push for Q2. They had some big issues with unavailable parts this quarter so I’m sure they didn’t manufacture as many cars as they estimated they would. I’ve seen a lot of SRW switches to LR and they are jumping the LR line and bumping us farther out. Also the EDD may be based on historical data that they count on a certain percentage of people reserving cars will not actually take those cars but with gas prices rising, more people are actually taking their delivery. That last point may be a little far fetched but it’s been on my mind as a possible statistic.
Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Likely due to supply-chain issues, they bumped me somewhere to the end of 3Q. The sad part is, I had a low interest rate of 2.99% on the loan. With the offer expired, I'm not sure what interest rate I'll get. In this chain, someone got 5%.

I read somewhere that in the first part of the quarter cars in the Fremont factory are made for out of state orders and the second half for in-state? Living in the Bay Area, I'd expect quicker delivery!

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Likely due to supply-chain issues, they bumped me somewhere to the end of 3Q. The sad part is, I had a low interest rate of 2.99% on the loan. With the offer expired, I'm not sure what interest rate I'll get. In this chain, someone got 5%.

I read somewhere that in the first part of the quarter cars in the Fremont factory are made for out of state orders and the second half for in-state? Living in the Bay Area, I'd expect quicker delivery!
I agree that your updated EDD would be consistant with a quarter pushback. And yes typically the observed pattern is not a lot of deliveries at the beginning of a quarter for whatever reason (could be factory maintence, etc. or they may be producing different cars, etc) then you'll start to see East Coast deliveries working their way West. The assumption is that California deliveries last helps pad the quarterly delivery statistics as they can get cars to their destination fairly quickly.

I think it could be availability of parts at any particular moment as well.
For example, the system knows how many widgets they have on hand. The computer doesn't see any more widgets coming in, so it thinks they'll run out after X number of cars are made. So it pushes out EDD's. Then, when it's told that more widgets are being delivered, it updates the EDD's.
Just my thoughts on the crazy EDD's.
This was my same belief as well. Either way the system orders their queue by OD so his order should be back to normal after those wacky EDDs.

Check with Sound Credit Union. Their website shows rates in the 2’s for Green vehicles. Only requirement is living in Washington state.
holy crap you were right! I was looking at 3.74% from Tesla, 3.86% from BofA, 3.90% from BECU, and now here I am with Sound Credit 2.49%!

I'm buying you a beer! One beer per month for the next 60 months at least! I've got the spare cash for it!

Random question: I noticed my MVPA States that the Odometer is “15” is that just an arbitrary number they put for everyone? I’m trying to determine if my car is being made now or passed on by someone… getting close to graduation and the OCD appears…
That is an arbitrary number they put on every MVPA. It seems like almost all cars have between 5-25 miles on the odometer when you take delivery, due to testing, or driving on and off trucks and trains, etc.

Random question: I noticed my MVPA States that the Odometer is “15” is that just an arbitrary number they put for everyone? I’m trying to determine if my car is being made now or passed on by someone… getting close to graduation and the OCD appears…
Mine shows the same "15" miles on the MVPA. I assume it is an arbitrary number that covers various state laws which require them to divulge the mileage on all vehicles sold. You don't want to under-estimate, and 15 probably covers all contingencies. But this is just an educated guess.

I just graduated. Delivery was excellent. When I went to pick it up they had it inside having it detailed, AKA washed but it was flawless. The bumper seemed to me like it fit a little tight however every model 3 on the lot was the same. No issues whatsoever.
Congrats and thanks for sharing this positive message! Happy you got a Cream Puff!! 🤩I haven't read many responses like this. It ticks me off when I read a list of defects on a Brand new car! I've always bought used, as cars depreciate too quickly. So this is the most I've ever spent on a vehicle and I sure do hope it checks out or I'll be really disappointed. Especially after a long wait. 😫
Why do so many Teslas have defective issues both interior/exterior?

Reactions: Nfletcher
Congrats and thanks for sharing this positive message! Happy you got a Cream Puff!! 🤩I haven't read many responses like this. It ticks me off when I read a list of defects on a Brand new car! I've always bought used, as cars depreciate too quickly. So this is the most I've ever spent on a vehicle and I sure do hope it checks out or I'll be really disappointed. Especially after a long wait. 😫
Why do so many Teslas have defective issues both interior/exterior?
When the M3 first came out it was a known issue. They were rushing to get cars out to the customer and not working on quality control. A new theory, one I share, is many new owners are being particularly picky based on what they have heard about the issues from the past. That's not to say there are no longer build issues but if you were to look over any new car with a "checklist" you would likely find a lot of problems with any car make.

Credit unions turned out to be the primary beneficiary of this thread
I have to admit I've always been told to check credit unions for car loans and I refused, thinking I knew what was best and going with a local or national bank. I signed today for 2.25% and saved myself a lot of money. I appreciate the posts here that pushed me to check the credit unions and not make the same mistake I've made many times in the past.

SUCCESSFUL DELIVERY!!!!!
IMG_3844.jpg

14 hours until delivery. Drove through the lot and the car must be inside the service center getting detailed and prepped for tomorrow!
Also got the email for the "meet your Tesla" video chat. I doubt I'll be doing that later this month.
I'm sure I'll say it again tomorrow when I graduate, but I can't thank all of you enough for the fun I've had here the last 4 months. Between the posts, the support and the followers (yeah, I have people following me!), it's been quite the ride.
And, because of that support, I'll be sticking around to help the next batch of Tesla owners get through all of their ups and downs.
Next update will be tomorrow!