Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New EDD today. Narrowed from a 5 week window to a 4 week window. Looks like @dgoodlan and I are on the exact same time line. We are both non-Illinois residents that are taking delivery in the Chicagoland area.

I'm perfectly content with that time line. However, a thought I just had is that since I'm in Wisconsin but need to take delivery in Illinois due to stupid direct sales laws, I wonder if I may get a vehicle that someone declines at the end of this month. Since IL has a new EV rebate that goes into effect on July 1, I wonder if there may be some people that opt to take delivery after that date. Not getting my hopes up, but I think there could be some vehicles available.
Can confirm. I rejected my car Friday and the SA warned me that MANY people have been putting on account holds due to the EV rebate. Mine was actually due to the old headlights though.

I keep asking the wife to refresh her app to check for VIN, still no updates or contacts. When we ordered, she only received an email, not text - so i'm guessing they'll email us when a VIN appears?

Has anyone filled out the finance form, then opted to pay in full? Since we finished all the actions in the APP, we can't change so just inquiring if it can be done/changed before.

TIA.

M3LR | White | Black | Aero | No FSD | Loan | San Diego, CA | Pickup: Carlsbad
OD: 03.11.2022
ED: Was end of May (Latest is June 11 - July 9)

Congrats and thanks for sharing this positive message! Happy you got a Cream Puff!! 🤩I haven't read many responses like this. It ticks me off when I read a list of defects on a Brand new car! I've always bought used, as cars depreciate too quickly. So this is the most I've ever spent on a vehicle and I sure do hope it checks out or I'll be really disappointed. Especially after a long wait. 😫
Why do so many Teslas have defective issues both interior/exterior?
I can't say I looked over every inch but they're was nothing obvious. It's going to get scratched, seats worn in, etc. I think I already killed 155 bugs on the way home. If there was an obvious problem it would have been address but honestly it seemed pretty flawless. Only downside which doesn't bother me is no matrix lights.

Been ordering accessories to help deal with the wait time! Got floor mats in yesterday and CCS adapter just arrived. Some places I commonly travel to have closer CCS stations to them versus Tesla super chargers, so wanted to just have this as a back up option when traveling.
It took me a minute to find this but I read an article this morning about this video. It has some do's and don'ts for first time user of the CCS adapter.

Driving, but still not sure what. Debating if I want to trade in to Tesla or sell to Carvana. They offer 3600 over Tesla, but need to time it just right, so I can get a 1 day, 1 way rental and drive there.
Apparently there are flights cheaper than a car rental, just not 100% sure how easy is it to get to Mt. Kisco from JFK. And from what I'm seeing, it's about 2.5 hrs on trains, which is almost half of my driving time from home.

I keep asking the wife to refresh her app to check for VIN, still no updates or contacts. When we ordered, she only received an email, not text - so i'm guessing they'll email us when a VIN appears?

Has anyone filled out the finance form, then opted to pay in full? Since we finished all the actions in the APP, we can't change so just inquiring if it can be done/changed before.

TIA.

I have the same EDD: 06/11 - 07/09

TIA.

Got my VIN assigned out of the blue around 12 PM EST, was right in the app. My order day is 1 day after yours and same config. Should be any day now. Good luck.

said to myself i wouldnt do it..but i just changed my order to LR..this gas prices have been really hard..5.3 usd here in arizona is insane..od was 4/09 blue, black interior,no fsd,aero wheels..Current edd even with the change is 08/7 to 09/18..

im still going back and forth about it... with the P, i would probably be getting it earlier but i have to buy a winter tire set and deal with that whole headache...

Reactions: ZZ118
EDD pushed back on Sunday. Seems like when there are a bunch of Vin #'s going out near me, my EDD gets moved up. Then once the dust settles, my EDD goes back to about the same as my first EDD. Not really expecting anything until July-August. If it does happen this month, it will most likely be because of a rejected delivery or a hold.

M3LR, MSM, Black, 19" SW, No FSD
OD 4/2/22
EDD#1 July 23-Sept 17
EDD#2 June 5-July 17
EDD#3 June 7-July 12
EDD#4 July 31-Sept 11
EDD#5 June 10-Jul 8
EDD#6 July 19-Aug 23

Reactions: jpaychek
GOT MY VIN!!!
New window 06/21-06/24
PB. Jelly.
I also had an OD of 3/14, the wait was driving me crazy, after more research, I switched to M3P and picked up this weekend. If my EDD had shifted out, I would be flipping! 😬😬😬

Did the M3P pricing align to the same time when you ordered the M3LR? Meaning you didn't have to pay the difference with the uplift of April 2022?

Apparently there are flights cheaper than a car rental, just not 100% sure how easy is it to get to Mt. Kisco from JFK. And from what I'm seeing, it's about 2.5 hrs on trains, which is almost half of my driving time from home.
I ended up just flying into JFK, had a rental booked and drove to Mt. Kisco. After all said and done, it was worth it to not have to do a full round trip drive. The drive to kisco is easy, as long as it's not during rush hour... (which I had to deal with lol)

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118