Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up just flying into JFK, had a rental booked and drove to Mt. Kisco. After all said and done, it was worth it to not have to do a full round trip drive. The drive to kisco is easy, as long as it's not during rush hour... (which I had to deal with lol)
Where did you drop off your rental? I saw there are few places in 15 min walking distance from Tesla.

Where did you drop off your rental? I saw there are few places in 15 min walking distance from Tesla.
I went with hertz. Dropped it off at the hertz location about a little over a mile away. I was originally going to uber, to the dealer so I could start my drive home sooner, but there really wasn't any around, so I ended up walking. Was only like a 20 min walk and was very easy. I believe enterprise has a location a little closer to the dealer as well for a shorter walk over.

I went with hertz. Dropped it off at the hertz location about a little over a mile away. I was originally going to uber, to the dealer so I could start my drive home sooner, but there really wasn't any around, so I ended up walking. Was only like a 20 min walk and was very easy. I believe enterprise has a location a little closer to the dealer as well for a shorter walk over.
That's one of the locations I saw and if I sell my car, might just get a rental and drive.

Reactions: SkunkApe
PB. Jelly.

Did the M3P pricing align to the same time when you ordered the M3LR? Meaning you didn't have to pay the difference with the uplift of April 2022?
Yes,
pricing was as if I had ordered on 3/14, which was $4k less than todays price.. in my head this is how I justified it….it’s a $7k increase, but Inwas going to get performance boost anyway at $2k, so then it’s only a $5k increase, but the price went up $4k, so really it’s only $1k more to get the performance. Pretzel logic I know, but it makes me sleep easier and my better half happier..,

Even though there may not be a link on your account page, you can try the following link with your RN number to see what pricing would be..

www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
Yes,
pricing was as if I had ordered on 3/14, which was $4k less than todays price.. in my head this is how I justified it….it’s a $7k increase, but Inwas going to get performance boost anyway at $2k, so then it’s only a $5k increase, but the price went up $4k, so really it’s only $1k more to get the performance. Pretzel logic I know, but it makes me sleep easier and my better half happier..,

Even though there may not be a link on your account page, you can try the following link with your RN number to see what pricing would be..

www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX
Yes, it does show same - will have to convince the wife she needs the Performance haha. Thanks!

I ordered mid-March with a few altered delivery windows since then. Current window is June 10-24, which is great! Is it normal to not have a VIN number or Purchase Agreement this close to the delivery window? Kind of difficult to secure financing without this information....
I think the consensus is that you will get your VIN any day now, or your EDD window will change on June 11th. Lots of folks talking about west coast deliveries getting VINs later in the month but I'm not sure how that applies up in Washington.

Several of us lately have just been getting VINs in the app, and not being texted or emailed.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
Lots of folks talking about west coast deliveries getting VINs later in the month but I'm not sure how that applies up in Washington.
It should apply to any destination that is reached directly by truck from Fremont. Trucks move vehicles from Fremont California, Chicago Illinois and Birmingham Alabama. Vehicles arrive at Chicago and Birmingham by rail, but they obviously reach Fremont as soon as they're built. As Washington state is closest to Fremont, that's where they'll come from. No complications from rail transport; just a 13 hour trip by truck.

Several of us lately have just been getting VINs in the app, and not being texted or emailed.
I think the manner of communication is specific to the SA or the office. The VIN will always show up in the app, and an SA may choose to text or email you.

I think it's just more expensive and more of a niche car. The LR IMO is the perfect balance of the model 3's and that's why I think it's demand is so high comparatively

For me, the P is a worse option even at the same price. I'm moving up from an i3 because of the hard ride & tires and bad roads where I drive. The M3LR is extremely quick already.

I would rather pay for things like *) hatchback like BMW i4 or polestar, *) additional HUD or driver display *) sound insulation and higher quality interior *) wheels & tires which don't rash *) cameras all around for 360 view to help prevent wheels from being scraped *) Enhanced Autopilot !! *) imaging radar for better ADAS *) seat massager *) physical rain sensor like everyone else

I think it's all just supply and demand. Model Y demand is very strong while Model S and Model X supply is limited. Elon tweeted about interrupting the Model S and Model X production lines a while back, saying that it was a big mistake, and I guess they're still struggling to catch up with orders. Tesla is clearly trying to ramp up to meet Model Y demand, but it takes time to ramp up new lines, and it'll be complicated by the new production methods of gigacastings and structural battery packs.

I think they're having many more problems producing the 4680 batteries on their own than they anticipated. I had expected many more Texas Y's to be showing up by now.

There is also an agreement with Panasonic to make the same size batteries, but presumably with Panasonic's conventional production process, but these aren't coming for a while. Tesla might have signed that much too late.

The 'dry cathode' business may not work out as well as they originally hoped and they're finding big scaleup and reliability problems---imperfections in production lead to big failures, and one failed battery in the pack fails the whole thing.