Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't say I looked over every inch but they're was nothing obvious. It's going to get scratched, seats worn in, etc. I think I already killed 155 bugs on the way home. If there was an obvious problem it would have been address but honestly it seemed pretty flawless. Only downside which doesn't bother me is no matrix lights.
Ahh I'll be whacking those bugs on the daily commute AC Exp. 😆 No matrix, but at least you don't have to pay these insane gas prices!!

Reactions: jpaychek
Well I don't have a shiny new car yet to show off pictures of but I did get this beautiful piece of hardware installed in my garage while I wait. $400 for the Wall Connector and $1350 for installation including all parts #6 wire, EMT, and 60A breaker. This thing really is on par with Apple products as far as the sleek industrial design goes which I love. I feel like a need a screen protector to put over the glass it's so nice and yes it is real glass! Way too nice for my filthy garage. I put the J1772, that I mistakenly bought before I knew my car will come with one, on the side just because I had nowhere else to put it. I'm all set and this wait is killing me!!

AxiI1T5.jpg

4pNcu5W.jpg

If you are buying a model 3P just to save a few weeks off your edd you're doing it for the wrong reasons imo. Don't get me wrong it's a nice car but to me performance cars ( of all brands) are very overrated and not worth it as a daily driver. Unless you are going to the track or you live somewhere warm with perfect roads it's a bad deal. Better to be patient. But just my 2 cents

If you are buying a model 3P just to save a few weeks off your edd you're doing it for the wrong reasons imo. Don't get me wrong it's a nice car but to me performance cars ( of all brands) are very overrated and not worth it as a daily driver. Unless you are going to the track or you live somewhere warm with perfect roads it's a bad deal. Better to be patient. But just my 2 cents
I completely agree with you. For most people the quicker acceleration does not offset the reduced range and the cost delta is $7k!

Ok, the post you've all been waiting for....
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Matrix lights. Double pane glass.
Everyone, please meet, the Black Pearl:
This makes me happy. Very happy.

I also like the red calipers and rims. I do live near Chicago so that is a big factor why I didn’t go with it initially. But they have after market 18’s I could put on for winter. But that’s another expense though.

My EDD is 6/18 - 7/2 no vin assigned yet but my account changed and says "Prepare for delivery" and now has the option to select the payment cash, lease or finance. This just happened and wasn't this way earlier. Do I set up my payment method?
Did you previously have the financing info entered? Mine changed like that when my Tesla financing expired. I moved it to cash and then third-part financing once my VIN was issued.

My EDD is 6/18 - 7/2 no vin assigned yet but my account changed and says "Prepare for delivery" and now has the option to select the payment cash, lease or finance. This just happened and wasn't this way earlier. Do I set up my payment method?
Have you checked the source code to see if there has been a VIN assigned? It often shows up there before you receive the Bluetooth text or other notifications.

Ok, the post you've all been waiting for....
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Matrix lights. Double pane glass.
Everyone, please meet, the Black Pearl:
The car looks awesome! I’m happy for you and glad no issues. I have 3 more days until graduation.

I got the automated text that my car has left Fremont today 1 day after VIN assignment.
Mine left a week ago and that text said I would get another message within a week for me to schedule delivery. It didn't come. I messaged the SA about two hours ago and no answer. I believe I had a random SA in the past that was likely in Cali and now it's someone at the local center and they're not great about responding.

Reactions: Mr. Nuke