Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southern California has movement! Just woke up to a new EDD and a 2 week window of June 15th to June 29th

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10, EDD4 6/15-6/29
Same here. First time updated EDD with a tighter window (Sept 16-Oct 28) bumped up from the original EDD (Oct 24-Dec 19). No VIN assigned.

Order date: 22 May 2022
M3LR / MSM / black / 18” aero / No FSD / Orange County, CA

Southern California has movement! Just woke up to a new EDD and a 2 week window of June 15th to June 29th

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10, EDD4 6/15-6/29

Hope so... Entered my first day of my EDD with no VIN or updates. We shall see what tomorrow brings..

Although I have ordered Model 3 LR, but I am still hesitant between model 3 LR and model Y.

Can you guys share why you chose to buy model 3 over model Y? Just wanted to gain more confidence on my choice. Thanks!
I have a Y and a 3. Cost, ride, noise, handling, acceleration all better with the 3. Cargo space, backseat for adults and OEM trailer hitch are the advantages of the Y.

Reactions: jpaychek
New York DMV says that 30% is the maximum.

Tinted windows

I'm surprised that 35% can be offered in the state. I guess inspection stations just don't care.
Delaware laws allow 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission which is same as 30% tint) on the front side windows and anything on the rear side windows and back window. As a general rule, no tinting is allowed below the AS1 line on front windshields. I inquired about tinting at Tint World in Delaware. They offer tinting as dark as 5% VLT (Limo tint). They will also tint the front windshield to any percentage the customer wants. The employee I spoke with over the phone said they have police officers bring in their personal cars for tinting as well. They told him that they don't really pay attention to how much tint vehicles have on the road. Only when they pull someone over for some other reason, then they will look at the tint and probably issue a citation.

I still want to tint my new car to protect myself from UV, IR and Solar radiation as well as to limit what random people can see in my vehicle. I plan to visit Tint World to get a better feel for what darkness is best for me. I've never had tint on any of my vehicles before so I'm really looking forward to a new experience.

Reactions: JB47394
I did 35% in the front and 15% in the back. If there were no tint laws i'd definetly do 20% in the front or darker, (50% is legal in ohio, so im already pushing it at 35%). See my profile picture for the comparison.
Can't wait until I get my M3LR and I love AZ window tint laws..lol It's the first thing I'm doing once I get it.

Tint darkness for sedans: Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 33% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.